SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2003, 09:37 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
Pics of my scratch build turbo s

Here's a couple of pics of my scratch built Turbo "s". I will be setting it up as a pitcheron (same as Tiramisu's). I modified the wing tips in that they are much simpler than Charlies design and I've angled them up for looks. I suspect that they will probably produce too much drag and have to be removed but I just like the look.
Waiting for servo's so I can complete this bird and fly.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2003, 09:40 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
Pic 2
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:31 PM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,683 Posts
Looks great Brian. Nice job on the scratch build. Let us know how it flys!
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:39 PM
Mr Jiggy Fly
Austin, Tx
Joined Jul 2003
572 Posts
What airfoil? Looks awesome! Hurry up and fly it and tell us about it!!!

Jay
surferx is offline Find More Posts by surferx
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:55 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
Thanks Guys! I had a freind print out the airfoil templates and I forget which one it is, but, after cutting out the ribs, sanding them to shape, adding skin and sanding that and covering the wing, I'm sure that the airfoil shape changes a lot from its original shape! I just got the servo's in today and will fly it this weekend if the lift allows. I'll post a report and maybe some pics if I can get 'em.

Brian
Old Sep 15, 2003, 08:00 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
Boy I sure like the word "shape"
Old Sep 15, 2003, 11:45 PM
jlk
Lifetime Beginner
Chicago & Tucson
Joined Sep 2001
638 Posts
The Turbo S was one of my favorite planes. I crashed mine several years ago after flying it for about five years. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine, only longer.

Jordan
jlk is offline Find More Posts by jlk
Old Sep 16, 2003, 03:07 PM
Twisted Wing Nut
Joined Nov 2002
566 Posts
Ohh la la Brian!

She's a little balsa beauty Please do post a flying report as well as pics....and you know where to send that little Turbo S once she gets a bit outta shape Sorry I haven't been able to drop by the LHS for the little BD5, I've pretty much put sloping on a hold hanging with friends, work around the house, getting ready for school to start next week...

Hmmm....I wonder if I could build one in my apartment in between classes.... (I've shelved..or rather placed on top of bunk bed... my building projects for now )

Godspeed and see you on the flipside,
Ray
Raymund Reyes is offline Find More Posts by Raymund Reyes
Old Sep 17, 2003, 08:09 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
Hey Raymond! Its possible this little bird may come your way some day as I think I will commence with a scratch build frenzy this winter. Build 'em, fly 'em and sell 'em. I got the servos installed but have a lot of slop in the wing action. Trying to work the bugs out and fly this weekend.

Hey Tiramisu...Bring your digi cam out so's I can get some pics to post here.

Every one else...thanks for your input I'll post a report Sunday or Monday, good or bad

Brian H