HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:59 PM
Fargo N.D. Land of Blizzards-Floods-Mosquito's & Tornado's
Joined Jul 2008
1,168 Posts
Discussion
Need help with Syma S110G

Just received my Syma110. Wow is that thing cool! I can't charge my heli while plugged into the transmitter unless the transmitter is turned on. Is that right?
Also my left & right rotate is reversed. How do ya fix that?
Also instruction say to set band selector to same frequency on the transmitter and helicopter. I can't find a band selector on the heli any where? All I see on the transmitter is a-b-c

who would think such a little heli would be so complicated, lol
helinut2 is offline Find More Posts by helinut2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
I love these little S110's. I have four of them, one is still NIB sitting in reserves. lol

I would advise charging with the remote unless you're using rechargeable. Control performance seriously degrade as the batteries get weak... You can only get about 5-6 good charges from a new set of AAs. Use the USB cable.

Left & right is reversed? That's weird. I'm not sure if you can fix that. Contact Syma or the place you got it from. Sorry, best I can do.

There is no band selector on the heli. You pick the channel, the heli automatically switches to it. This is really only a problem when you've got more than one running at a time. There seems to be some cross-talk between channels though. Or my controller was low on batteries and the other had much stronger batteries.

I'm starting to have a nice little stable of helis, and no matter what, these are still one of my favorites to fly indoors. Not because flying them is a challenge, but they fly so well and so precisely that the challenge is to find the challenge in flying them. I have various obstacles, square box cutout holes that I place around... as well as a number of different landing spots of various difficulties, also add fan breeze in there and do speed runs and touch and go landings.

I think everyone should own at least one S110.
xenophobe is offline Find More Posts by xenophobe