HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tele1974, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Feb 2007
878 Posts
Discussion
Awesome summer of flying

We had great weather this summer for flying which is strange for Cleveland. I attended the pattern contest at the Weak Signals field and an IMAC contest in I placed first in pattern in the Sportsman class and second in the basic IMAC class. I really enjoyed the pattern contest, the gentleman their were very helpful. I hooked up with this crazy man named Dennis on Thursday and we practiced all day and I learned enough to keep me busy for a life time. I picked different callers each round and learned something from each of them. IMAC was quite a different environment. You need to either know someone or be flying a Carden to get help. But that's not going to stop me from attending. Maybe someday I be flying a big bird and have the opportunity to rush that fraternity. For the beginner I would definitely reccomend trying pattern first. The guys are very helpful and you can fly a relatively inexpensive airframe and be competitive. I flew a very used GP Venus, that I paid 400 RTF. And I could fly it through intermediate. In scale 400 is going to get you a few servos. I sure many will disagree with that statement. Both were a great time and I learned alot and if my schedule permits I will be attending both on them next year.
tele1974 is offline Find More Posts by tele1974
Last edited by tele1974; Sep 18, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts