HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:53 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
602 Posts
Ive bought the Dynam AT-6 , what a deal. Warning the first thing to do when you get your plane is to throw away the aileron and landing gear y harnesses!I had the same problem with the Dynam T-28. That said the rest of the plane is a beauty. I am looking foreward to flying the Texan next week when I get a few days off.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:10 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield View Post
... Warning the first thing to do when you get your plane is to throw away the aileron and landing gear y harnesses! ...
But why??
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:11 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Burt,

I have 8 flights on the AT-6 and this thing is a winner! The speed with a 11.1v 40C 2200mAh batt is impressive for a stock foamy. The 30A ESC gets warm, so I will upgrade to a 40A. Other than that, I'm very happy and impressed with this Texan. Takeoffs are painless with no bad tendencies. In the air, she looks the part. Rolls and loops are sweet and the retracts have been flawless.
Best,
Tony
Hi Tony, & All;
This thread seems to've died down a bit - wondering if this AT-6 is not selling or everyone's so happy with 'em we're not seeing the usual stream of complaints most threads are built upon. *LOL*

I got a 'flash' note from Nitro announcing the new sale & the AT-6 was one of the ones listed. I've been looking for a good 'intermediate' to transition from trainer to warbirds, so frankly Tony, you made the sale for Nitro -- after watching your preview video I liked the way she flew and handled so jumped all over it and ordered one this past Saturday.

Seems like most every out-of-factory plane these days needs some modding to make it more durable and/or airworthy, so figured I would check the boards and see what might be recommended for this one. I didn't notice it at first look but, earlier tonight saw the NitroPlanes webpage for it showed it only rated 3-Stars, but none of the reviews the ratings usually come from are in sight so, it's got me a little concerned about why it's not rated higher. Anyone??

Also, Tony - I haven't bee able to find anything covering any followup as to how it performed with the 2500mAh LiPo as you mentioned in the video. Have you tried it yet??

Thanx for any input -- really eager to get my new AT-6 and some stick time on it before re-doing it in an as-yet undecided SNJ Marines version - prolly something along these lines:
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2014, 04:15 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
Going to try a glow convesion. WHAT? Thats right. Now what size engine to use.........
Changed my mind. Its better to keep this one electric!
Scale Dail is offline Find More Posts by Scale Dail
Last edited by Scale Dail; May 06, 2014 at 10:24 PM.