HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Apr 2006
802 Posts
Discussion
yolk/y-harness for tug side release mechanism?

so i am preflighting my austar aghusky (whose spar system i beefed up a the behest of my peers - actually pretty easy job if anyone is considering this procedure. took me about 4nights of work. the covering aint exactly pristine now but from about 10ft away you cant even see it and the wings dont make that aweful cracking sound now when i pickup the wing at 1 of the tips)

this plane has 2 side releases for the tug line on either side of the fuselage just aft of around CG operated by a single servo.
need advice on how to fabricate the yolk/y-harness that will attach to these 2 releases.

should the point at which the 2 lines meet be
1. such that the 2 sides are of fixed length, in effect providing a fixed junction point or should it be mobile so that the 2 lengths self-correct as the glider floats around behind?
2. fore or aft of the tailgroup?

my hunch is the junction should be a snap swivel that isnt fixed at all except at the tow line and that the junction should be fore of the tail group.
balsabozo is offline Find More Posts by balsabozo
to remove ads between posts