LOCATED AT 1600 CONSTITUTON RD
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30316
NEAR I-285 AND BOULDERCREST RD.
Visit http://www.atlrcclub.org
for more information

Raffle items:
2 sets of Matt Botos RailBlades
30% Rotor Rage Heli Fuel

ReadyHeli has also sponsored our event and has put in the following items into our raffle:
1 set edge blades 623 flybarless
1 set edge blades 603 flybar
1 Set of 450 Pro side frames and bottom plate by Xtreme Heli
1 edge hat
1 mikado vbar t-shirt XL white
1 ReadyHeli t-shirt xl black
1 ReadyHeli t-shirt - small black
1 Edge T-shirt - large black
1 edge work towel blue
1 Mikado work towel black
4 RH Keychains
and of course… assorted mints
Keychains will be combined with another item, and mints will be available at the food tent. Mints will not be raffle items.

Nankin Hobby has also sponsored our Fun Fly by providing a Voucher for 20% off any Compass Model Helicopter Kit. This is over a $150 retail value item depending on which helicopter kit you choose. Visit the Nankin Hobby web site to view available kits.

We will announce raffle ticket pricing 1 week before the event. There may still be more raffle items to come. Stay tuned
We welcome vendors to set up free of charge. You must contact me to reserve a spot at http://www.atlrcclub.org/info/office...-alex-mitchell

If you are unable to attend the event or need details as they unfold you can follow the Atlanta RC Club Twitter feed. We will be posting images from the event in real time as the day unfolds.

http://twitter.com/#!/atlantarc
alexmit is offline Find More Posts by alexmit
Last edited by alexmit; Sep 30, 2011 at 02:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:53 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Cool, Hope I can make it at least for a few hours
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
In the past we have usually seen a couple if not more sponsored pilots. Matt Botos has been there the last 3 years. Any sponsored pilots that would like to chime in here are of course welcomed.

Keep in mind that we welcome Scale, 3D, Sport, Nitro, Electric, Novices and Pros. This is all about a day of having a good time with fellow pilots and supporting the community.

We usually set up at least 5 flight stations. We will also have food and beverages for sale at the event.

I have also been informed that we will be raffling fuel, and some Botos 606 RailBlades. More info to come.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,481 Posts
I hope there are lots of scale heli's this year
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
The Airplane Fun Fly is tomorrow 9/17 (airplane only). We will most likely see a few Dekalb County officials at the event. This event will be the first Airplane event since I have been a member of the club, or the first in roughly 4 years. We will be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drinks. All proceeds from the pilot registrations, food and drink will go to maintain the club and the Dekalb county park it sits on. Atlanta RC Club has adopted Intrenchment Creek Park, one of the largest Dekalb County parks. Atlanta RC Club sits on a portion of Intrenchment Creek park which is roughly 75 acres. Please come by and support the hobby, the park, the community and have a good time with your fellow aeromodelers.

For the Heli fly we have a few raffle items I will announce shortly. The Heli event is gaining some serious steam.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
If we get good enough attendance this year, we are considering a 2 day event next year. So anyone that thinks they can make it this year or is interested in a 2 day event next year should chime in. We really want to grow this event so we can get more sponsored pilots interested in attending, as well offering more compelling raffle items. Let's hear it guys!

Last I knew so far the raffle items are:
2 sets of Matt Botos RailBlades
30% Rotor Rage Heli Fuel
More info/items to come.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
I wish it was two days i got to work on sat lol sundays I m off.
hope you have great turn out maybe I can go into work later for it im going to ask
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just Another Heli Nut
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
If we get good enough attendance this year, we are considering a 2 day event next year.
I'm in for this year... been practicing autos so that there's more than three competing!

Watching and chatting with Matt was great last year! And the burgers were spot on!
roybob is offline Find More Posts by roybob
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
I have updated the OP with new raffle items. or see below:
ReadyHeli has sponsored our event and has put in the following items into our raffle:
1 set edge blades 623 flybarless
1 set edge blades 603 flybar
1 edge hat
1 mikado vbar t-shirt XL white
1 ReadyHeli t-shirt xl black
1 ReadyHeli t-shirt - small black
1 Edge T-shirt - large black
1 edge work towel blue
1 Mikado work towel black
1 Mikado work towel white
4 RH Keychains
and of course… assorted mints

We will announce raffle ticket pricing 1 week before the event. There may still be more raffle items to come. Stay Tuned.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Well I got permission today ( I hope the big boss says yes) that i can come in late that day so hope I get to come if nothing goes wrong between now and then. just like to come see the club since I have never been there.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Well i did get permission to come in to work at 4pm so I guess if I get there right at 10am I can hang out till about 2 or so then have to leave to get my gf home and unload. Not sure will have the money to fly or not might just come watch.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
The more the merrier... If you don't fly, you can at least hang out and have a burger or a hot dog and chat with folks. We look forward to seeing you at the event.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
If you are unable to attend the event or need details as they unfold you can follow the Atlanta RC Club Twitter feed. We will be posting images from the event in real time as the day unfolds.

http://twitter.com/#!/atlantarc
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
More raffle items added

Nankin Hobby has also sponsored our Fun Fly by providing a Voucher for 20% off any Compass Model Helicopter Kit. This is over a $150 retail value item depending on which helicopter kit you choose. Visit the Nankin Hobby web site to view available kits.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:14 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Do you guys do t shirts or do you get anything for just entering to fly or just for prizes? what time do you guys do raffle drawing? does all pilots get a chance at winning or do you have to buy tickets for a chance at any of the stuff? never been to yours so don't know.
Closed Thread