SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:42 PM
Not Funny......
Mike Warren's Avatar
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bateman View Post
Mike, i know and i just realized i forgot about you guys after i posted... No excuses....do you have the 90 in stock? I'll have to read thru this thread to see about a nice 8S setup...
Doug, email me.....or call, I'm home.
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:17 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
CoolerByTheLake's Avatar
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,863 Posts
Doug, Here's a nice 8s set-up--

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=545


I was curious on a 8s myself, and wanted more info:

Re: HET 700-68-1680 /JetFan 90 -----------------------------------------------------------------Hi Mark,

I'm using 1,5 year old Turnigy Nanotech 4s5000 (45c/90c) 2x.
This setup pulls about 110amps at 3,25KW.
It's hard to say how much thrust it generates.
Inflight the Jetfan produces visibly more then shown in the graphs of ejets. I experience similar in my Habu.

A HET 700-68-1500 on 8s would be enough for good flight performance but for grass takeoff more power is welcome.

The setup perfoms fine but my next setup would be
10s4500 on HET 700-68-1200.

Grtz,
Emile
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
Registered User
Doug Bateman's Avatar
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Joined Dec 2004
2,842 Posts
Good stuff....thanks. I'm gonna sit down tonight and do some reading here......
Doug Bateman is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bateman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Michael Paxton's Avatar
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
deleted
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:01 AM
TeamSiam
Graz
Joined May 2007
346 Posts
Flying or standing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
Doug, Here's a nice 8s set-up--

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=545


I was curious on a 8s myself, and wanted more info:

Re: HET 700-68-1680 /JetFan 90 -----------------------------------------------------------------Hi Mark,

I'm using 1,5 year old Turnigy Nanotech 4s5000 (45c/90c) 2x.
This setup pulls about 110amps at 3,25KW.
It's hard to say how much thrust it generates.
Inflight the Jetfan produces visibly more then shown in the graphs of ejets. I experience similar in my Habu.

A HET 700-68-1500 on 8s would be enough for good flight performance but for grass takeoff more power is welcome.

The setup perfoms fine but my next setup would be
10s4500 on HET 700-68-1200.

Grtz,
Emile
Hi caps,
Yes we know that on the bench our figures are not better than others, but in flight the units work perfectly. Thats the reason why the older Schuebies were called "Dynamic", and the newer ones are called "Static"

We made with our handmade prototypes many flights, and of course we had "Static" ones also in the planes. But at the end of the day we all are flying our models, and here the fans have to be in their competitive working phase.

But as Emile already told us, and many customers are writing via mail to us, they like the performance in flight!

Keep on whooshing,
Rainer
EJETS-II is offline Find More Posts by EJETS-II
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:13 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
stoneenforcer's Avatar
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,307 Posts
Ranier, good to see a whoosh fan having some HD effects in flights. i avoid any whoosh or static fan as the numbers typically fall off steeply incomparison to an HD rotor. however, its good to see the opposite on this one! i dont fly your units, but im glad to read so many are having success.
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:04 PM
Not Funny......
Mike Warren's Avatar
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Jetfan90 intake bellmouth

Just arrived; intake bellmouths for the Jetfan90
$15.00 shipped in the USA
-Mike
www.performance-edf.biz

90mm fans and spare rotors will still be another week or two......
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
96 Posts
Mike,
I went to your website but could not find a link to order one.
picardn is offline Find More Posts by picardn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:24 PM
Not Funny......
Mike Warren's Avatar
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardn View Post
Mike,
I went to your website but could not find a link to order one.
I'm out of the country at my real job for 5-8 days at a time, so no orders via the website because there would be nobody there to process the order

Just contact me for availability and sales. (Email reaches me anywhere in the world) I process and ship when I am home on days off.....
-Mike
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Last edited by Mike Warren; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:51 PM
It's like an addiction!
Downwind3Zero's Avatar
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
I got a couple of those today as well with my 2 repaired fans that had slipped stators when they arrived.
Downwind3Zero is online now Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:25 PM
Just having fun before I die!
BadLemon's Avatar
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
935 Posts
So that is what happen then the stators where mounted in the wrong position?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero View Post
I got a couple of those today as well with my 2 repaired fans that had slipped stators when they arrived.
BadLemon is online now Find More Posts by BadLemon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Michael Paxton's Avatar
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Warren View Post
Just arrived; intake bellmouths for the Jetfan90
$15.00 shipped in the USA
-Mike
www.performance-edf.biz

90mm fans and spare rotors will still be another week or two......
I need about 4 of those! When will you be back?
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:04 PM
It's like an addiction!
Downwind3Zero's Avatar
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
BadLemon, seems that there was a batch of fans that had bad CA glue used which allowed the stators to slip.
I asked Rainer to post here and elaborate some time ago but he hasn't as of yet - I'm sure he can explain it better than I can. Just got the fans back after 3 months.
Downwind3Zero is online now Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:08 PM
Keith Thomas
keithtsr's Avatar
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero View Post
BadLemon, seems that there was a batch of fans that had bad CA glue used which allowed the stators to slip.
I asked Rainer to post here and elaborate some time ago but he hasn't as of yet - I'm sure he can explain it better than I can. Just got the fans back after 3 months.
I have one of the first ones I think. I bought it about a year ago. Is there a fix that the end user can do?
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:26 PM
Not Funny......
Mike Warren's Avatar
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Keith, if you think there is something out of spec with your Jetfan then send it back for a check, if it is truly out of spec I will replace it.
-Mike
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Last edited by Mike Warren; Feb 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Big thoughts!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold ESM 80" T-28 Trojan Electric w/ Sound + Smoke realdeal Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 06, 2011 02:15 AM
Sold brand new never used power 90 e flite brushless motor Jakedizzle Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Sep 12, 2011 11:07 AM
Discussion My prop is hitting the sound barrier... OR... tom66 Power Systems 11 Aug 13, 2011 01:54 PM
Discussion Wemotec Midi vs Stumax 90 - Sound Comparison dro56595@bigpo Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 36 Jan 09, 2011 09:12 AM