SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:58 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
I got it done But Still waiting on the Bobcats to get back in-stock
Has anyone tried the Jetfan90 rotor in a HET fan shroud? I have a Jetfan on the way to me but I built the nacelle for a HET fan because of the inlet ring.
What is the best kv for a 10s setup with this fan? I was thinking 1400kv or 1200kv? Thanks Billy D
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC View Post
Roger you should make something like this for a 90mm fan Im keeping mine in foam. Not making a mold.Going to put it onto a Bobcat 50 if i can find one
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:55 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Quote:
the way to me but I built the nacelle for a HET fan because of the inlet ring.
FYI: midi intake ring
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=56
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
Österreich, Stmk., Graz-Umgebung
Joined Sep 2011
458 Posts
The HET inlet ring fits good on the Jetfan90!
Only the HET shroud is longer than Wemo or Jetfan housing.

Looks good BILLYDSRC!
GeorgeStyriaII is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeStyriaII
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:41 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,061 Posts
been trying the fan in a few differant planes and i can not get that jetsound?? just sounds like a real powerfull wemo with a bit of a woosh noise

my mates $40 Changesun 12blade is sounding better any thoughts on what i can do?
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,277 Posts
How does it compare for performance.?
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:49 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
i got something for you billy

Quote:
I got it done But Still waiting on the Bobcats to get back in-stock
Has anyone tried the Jetfan90 rotor in a HET fan shroud? I have a Jetfan on the way to me but I built the nacelle for a HET fan because of the inlet ring.
What is the best kv for a 10s setup with this fan? I was thinking 1400kv or 1200kv? Thanks Billy D
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:06 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,061 Posts
hard to say as he is running a 6s 1600watt and im running 6s 2000watt and 8s 2500watt setup. my fan and motor was $317 and his was $80 total and the sound is far better im sure the jet fan could handle way way more power but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
How does it compare for performance.?
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:12 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
What do you got there Keven???? That's not a Bobcat??? You got to give me more then that little tease
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
i got something for you billy
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:32 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
Thats an electric jet factory 90mm composite bob-e-cat (glass fuse) rtf with air retracts, hitec servos, midifan with custom aluminum fan mount, fiberglass nacelle, hackerb50-13xl, and jeti spin75 controller...its based off of the original BVM Bobcat .... hows that

Quote:
What do you got there Keven???? That's not a Bobcat??? You got to give me more then that little tease
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kevin; Dec 15, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:11 AM
Joined Jun 2010
113 Posts
Spyda use a single outlet, seal the outlet tube to the housing with tape, make sure your motor shaft is running true, make sure you have not collected dirt on the back of the fan blades, use a quality ESC, soft mount the fan housing. If you've done all that and you are still not happy then spend another 370 plus motor on one of Stu's fans. The jetfan is what it is, a good performing fan, a sweet running fan, a much better sounding unit than a wemo or het at a reasonable price.
stewarti is offline Find More Posts by stewarti
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:30 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,929 Posts
Saw Corsair nuts HET prototype F-20 with the Jetfan 90 today ,and got to fly it a bit .the fan is awsome and performed really well for a 8s set up cant wait to install mine in my Tams F-16.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:31 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Hey Air...what motor did your buddie use? I need to order a motor that will work on 8s and this fan. I'm new to jets and what the perfect motor that will also fit the fan perfectly.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:13 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,458 Posts
There's a list of suitable motors for 8S posted on page 1 of this thread.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:00 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
Hey Air...what motor did your buddie use? I need to order a motor that will work on 8s and this fan. I'm new to jets and what the perfect motor that will also fit the fan perfectly.
it was the HEt 700 series motor 1500 kv .i have a Nue 15 15 1.5Y (1500kv) that im going to try . Brent F-20 was impressive ,good top speed,grear vertical,awsome sound and 60% throttle curise speed was really good .and his flight times were also a good 4-5 mins,with throttle mangement.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:15 PM
TeamSiam
Graz
Joined May 2007
324 Posts
Better results with better materials! JETFAN-90-V2!

Hi Caps,

maybe you didn't hear so much from us the last weeks, but we have been very busy testing new materials for our fans.
So we tested several stiffer materials for the rotor, as also we investigated in a newer design of the inner stator.

Together we reached a better performance at the tested motors! Here you can see the old charts, with the V2-tests added!

All grey motors do show in the first line the old results and in the second line the newest ones.
Also a commend to the motors is added.

So also the last deliveries to you do already have the new stator and new material for the rotor.

There's no need to cry about " i just ordered and got the old one ".
Pending on the time of ordering, all the last deliveries have been sent already as the V2!

Here are the results, but we couldnt test every motor again. Some of the Tenshocks are working together with our V2 better and healthy now, they are running cooler and at a higher efficiency.

Seems that with the newer and stiffer material of the rotor blades, the tip of the blade is now less twisting at higher rpm's. As our blades are sickled forward, the tip will twist to a higher angle of attack, and the load at the blade is not as calculated! Now it seems that we are reaching absolutely less twisting and a aerodynamic load very near to the calculated basics.

And the best: All new test show again less temperature at the motors!
So also cheaper samples could be used now, see the XK 4074-B 2000KV at the 6s chart!

Have fun with the new "better results"
team-Ejets
EJETS-II is online now Find More Posts by EJETS-II