Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:41 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi Dgpilot,

Suggest you taking all words posted above into your accounts, and probably you still have to make sure again to see if the rudder wiggles to left correctly (when looking at your EZ from its tail to nose) when you push the control stick to left, also the elevator wiggles to up when pull back the control stick on your transmitter. I doubt that the rudder did not response correctly when you trim it left on your transmitter. Some RTF sets might have not been correctly adjusted or set on these functions, or someone might have switched its directions for some unknown reasons, and forgot to switch it back, before selling this RTF EZ to you. It's nothing negative with the vendor, I just gussed.

Always launch your EZ in calm weather or into upwinds, and better try to correct its attitude by wiggling control sticks first, then using trims. Just my two cents.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:28 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
That's a plane, not a car.
I don't think I have any thrust angle in my Hawsky (ez* clone). Only when my wings are warped or a sticker on the wing lifts up (causing the effect of a single spoiler) do I have any problem. If things visually look straight, it will fly. And fly well.
Good luck
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
I have an easy star and it pulls to the right in glide. Really strange. Did it right out out of the box after I had carefully assembled making sure all was true and accurate. I have noticed that the slot where the two wing sections go is not straight. Meaning that the fuselage appears to not hang vertically true under the wings. It appears to be dangling under the wings with a slight tilt to the right looking at the nose. I wonder if this will be pulling the starboard wing down to the right thus forcing a right bank. I have had to put in a considerable amount of left rudder to compensate. She glides well but prefers to turn right. Slightly annoying. To straighten the wing I would have to carve out the fuselage slot to make the wings square with the fuz and then pack it where there is space between the wing surface where it slots in on the top side of the wing. Would be a bit of a butchers job. Increasing the rudder helps as well.
I wonder if your easystar has the same tilt.
ashley2334 is offline Find More Posts by ashley2334
Last edited by ashley2334; Feb 28, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
I have an easy star and it pulls to the right in glide. Really strange. Did it right out out of the box after I had carefully assembled making sure all was true and accurate. I have noticed that the slot where the two wing sections go is not straight. Meaning that the fuselage appears to not hang vertically true under the wings. It appears to be dangling under the wings with a slight tilt to the right looking at the nose. I wonder if this will be pulling the starboard wing down to the right thus forcing a right bank. I have had to put in a considerable amount of left rudder to compensate. She glides well but prefers to turn right. Slightly annoying. To straighten the wing I would have to carve out the fuselage slot to make the wings square with the fuz and then pack it where there is space between the wing surface where it slots in on the top side of the wing. Would be a bit of a butchers job. Increasing the rudder helps as well.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
easystar pulling to the right

Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:33 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley2334 View Post
Mine is fine. Sounds like your fuse halves aren't joined correctly. Try expanding the wing roots (one more than the other) in boiling water to improve alignment.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,717 Posts
Quote:
It appears to be dangling under the wings with a slight tilt to the right looking at the nose. I wonder if this will be pulling the starboard wing down to the right thus forcing a right bank.
I do not thing that is the cause of your problem. With the situation you describe I would expect the plane to turn to the left rather than the right. If the nose is angled to the right that means the tail has to be angled to the left which is the same as applying left rudder. It is more likely that you have at twist in one or both wings that is causing the airplane to bank and turn to the right.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
965 Posts
Has anyone who can fly tried to fly these planes that mysteriously pull to the left,right, or more often into the ground?Don't want to sound at all condescending, but 99.9 percent of "trim problems" disappear once someone learns to fly. It is a bit like arguing whether, before learning to ride a bicycle,the front mudguard should be heavier than the rear one, or one pedal should be 2 cms longer than the other.Just fly!
alibongo is online now Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
Has anyone who can fly tried to fly these planes that mysteriously pull to the left,right, or more often into the ground?Don't want to sound at all condescending, but 99.9 percent of "trim problems" disappear once someone learns to fly. It is a bit like arguing whether, before learning to ride a bicycle,the front mudguard should be heavier than the rear one, or one pedal should be 2 cms longer than the other.Just fly!
This come up a lot. Normally, if pictures are posted of the effected plane, there are some pretty obvious airframe issues.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Probably the fuselage, mostly the portion between wing and tail, was not straight enough, put your Easystar on ground, look at its top to see if the portion is straight. if not, correct it by carfully bending or applying boiling water.

If the portion is exact straight, then the wing halves might have not been connected well, or the tube spar is not straight enough. Try to look at its rear edge from the tail feathers. Is the wing fixed at the same angle as the horizontal stab ? Is the rear edge of the right wing tip warpped upward ? Or is the left one warpped downward ?

Chen
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
That's a plane, not a car.
I don't think I have any thrust angle in my Hawsky (ez* clone). Only when my wings are warped or a sticker on the wing lifts up (causing the effect of a single spoiler) do I have any problem. If things visually look straight, it will fly. And fly well.
Good luck
I'm afraid that the motor on EasyStar has been fixed with thust angles needed, as it was located at the rear end of wing, and higher than the wing level. It would not fly well if its motor was fixed at the same angle as the its longitudinal axis. Better to check them out by comparing to its center line on the fuselage, and the bottom line of its horizontal stab.
Chen
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:53 AM
REAL old new guy!
United States, HI
Joined Jul 2011
491 Posts
Simple solution! Move

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere alls you have to do is move to 0 degree latitude!

Objects in the Northern Hemisphere turn to the right of their direction of movement in the Northern hemisphere and to the left in the Southern hemisphere.

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/gu...r/fw/crls.rxml

Sorry My coffee hasn't kicked in yet!!!
Dakine48 is offline Find More Posts by Dakine48
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:48 PM
United Kingdom, England, Clay Cross
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
Same problem but worse

my es2 does exactly the same but so violently it has 3 times broken the fus.In addition mine screws into somersaults at the same time the only way to stop is cut the throttle hence 3 times broken fus. If I move the wings to one side then I can glide the plane.
I've checked the motor mount by setting up a straight edge and find the motor shaft is about 5mm to the right of the centre line.
lanerover is offline Find More Posts by lanerover
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:53 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerover View Post
my es2 does exactly the same but so violently it has 3 times broken the fus.In addition mine screws into somersaults at the same time the only way to stop is cut the throttle hence 3 times broken fus. If I move the wings to one side then I can glide the plane.
I've checked the motor mount by setting up a straight edge and find the motor shaft is about 5mm to the right of the centre line.
Post pictures of it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:04 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,869 Posts
Any model needs a though check prior to flying.

Visual check.
Is anything twisted, warped, (that includes, wing, tail and fuselage). Look from the front and from the rear, everything should look the same either side.
Does the rudder move the same amount either side of neutral. And, does it always return from either side to the same neutral.

Balance.
Is the CG correct according to the instructions.
Is the 'lateral' balance Ok, (one side should not be heavier than the other). Balance near the nose and tail end, (centerline), and see if it always drops to the same side, if only gently, probably OK, if it tips over hard, add weight to the other wing tip.

Test flight.
The model should glide quite well. You can always hand launch it to test if it glides straight, and glides down gently, (not dive, or zoom up and stall).
A model should not need full throttle to fly. Remember it can glide well, so only a little power is required to make the 'glide' longer and longer until enough power is starting a gentle climb.
The throttle is a proportional control, not an on-off switch, use it wisely.

Any possible changes.
Have a read of any threads you may find on the EZ Star to see what changes are worth considering.
I had a quick look and making the rudder bigger is one I saw, there are sure to be others. Rarely is a model so perfect that it doesn't get some changes.

After any crash, try to remember as much as possible about what happened, try to analyze why you think it happened, if not known, try to post as much information as possible as we have to guess the rest.

Well done for at least trying again and not giving up.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray