SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Discussion
crap my wings collapsed in flight

well today was my second time flying and guess what my wings folded in flight my plane is nerly totaled but i have already fixed the wings on the plus side i was flying the cercit with left turns and right turnd without my instructor taking the plane apart from landings (i had 3 15min flights) i also managed to do loops and spins without help not bad for my second day at the feild sorry about no pics will get some tomorrow
rc mad is offline Find More Posts by rc mad
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Good on the flying....sounds great...too bad about the wing, couldnt have been built too well, there's a lot of load on wings, especially when pulling out of dives.
theNEWT is offline Find More Posts by theNEWT
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNEWT View Post
Good on the flying....sounds great...too bad about the wing, couldnt have been built too well, there's a lot of load on wings, especially when pulling out of dives.
i know the prob had snapped i think it may have happend in flight resulting in it chopping the wing nearly done the wing now so prob be back on the feild with it next weekend if wether is nice
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,497 Posts
Was this a kit or ARF?
Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin View Post
Was this a kit or ARF?
Mike
second hand from a model shop think it was a kit
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:22 PM
Former B52H Crew Chief
Green Bay WI
Joined Feb 2009
781 Posts
grab the ends of the wing and pull it against your chest until it flexes an inch or so.... if it doesnt snap you should be fine in the air.
aerofly0610 is offline Find More Posts by aerofly0610
Old Sep 16, 2011, 06:08 AM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofly0610 View Post
grab the ends of the wing and pull it against your chest until it flexes an inch or so.... if it doesnt snap you should be fine in the air.
thank you mate i will do that
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:00 AM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
this lesson is joining your wing halves & then wrapping them with fiberglass cloth is brought to you by Epoxy!

hate your plane folded up.
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
this lesson is joining your wing halves & then wrapping them with fiberglass cloth is brought to you by Epoxy!

hate your plane folded up.
fiberglass thats a good idea i will do it
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:50 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
not the first, not the last LoL!

look at it this way. when what's his name built all those sig seniorita's for SIG ARF's and tried to sell them to sig. sig denied them for lack of build quality. (wings were folding). so he had to sell them to nitroplanes/hk/etc.

what kinda plane is it?
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
not the first, not the last LoL!

look at it this way. when what's his name built all those sig seniorita's for SIG ARF's and tried to sell them to sig. sig denied them for lack of build quality. (wings were folding). so he had to sell them to nitroplanes/hk/etc.

what kinda plane is it?
trainer plane not sure of the company buit it says mars on the wings
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:45 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia Province, Sofia
Joined Dec 2010
352 Posts
that story reminds me of one of the WWII Dog Fights Series I used to watch - while in a dog fight, an Allied pilot is chasing after a German ME109 (I think...). The allied pilot is right on his tail spraying him with bullets. The German pilot banks left and pulls hard on the stick. The allied pilot follows, but managed to pull in front of him (in terms of his sight, not that he overshot), and starts spraying with his cannons. The bullets pierce both wings on numerous places, in a straight line, on both sides of the fuse parallel to it. This weakens the wings a lot and being in a turn with all the G-Forces on them, they just fold over the guy's canopy like paper. The plane drops to the ground packed like a gift basket....
trbst is offline Find More Posts by trbst
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:40 PM
Former B52H Crew Chief
Green Bay WI
Joined Feb 2009
781 Posts
thats,,, kinda morbid but cool
aerofly0610 is offline Find More Posts by aerofly0610
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
lol would be good to watch
on further update tho i have bout a new plane 1 of them us aircore models i got the cub and it flyes like a charm