HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
Help!
Newbie looking for advice.

Hi,
My name I Mark and I wad recently given 2 nitro planes and the field kit. A good friend moved out of the country And gave me everything with the exception of the Radio. I have flown with him couple of times but he handled all the technical aspects. At this point I need a radio and should be ready to go. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to research based on what I have. I am new to the hoby and I have owned several Rc helis bit no planes. If someone could pleaSe tell me what else I might need to get up in the air. I am perfectly capable o flying the planes but terrible with ga engines. I attached some pics of the planes bellow. Thank you

Mark

alaimar is offline Find More Posts by alaimar
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
United States, NJ, Middlesex
Joined Feb 2008
1,193 Posts
Do the planes have receivers?
RedStarArmy is offline Find More Posts by RedStarArmy
Old Sep 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStarArmy View Post
Do the planes have receivers?
Yes they do. They were used with a Spectrum dx7 and 1 thing will be purchasing very soon is a spectrum receiver.

Thanks
Mark
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,454 Posts
Transmitter. if the engines have run previously, they should be fine now as well. It's not rocket science.. 20 minutes doing some reading on the engine sticky threads on this site and you'll be well on yoiur way.o

If yoiui have a starter to plug into the powerp panel, plug igniter and fuel/pump your good to go... None of these are absolutes except fuel of course.
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,249 Posts
So you do have hands on experience flying planes? Thats going to be the make/brake point as the future of these planes... Reason I ask is, its not as easy as some might make it look... and its only in your best interest and safety that you know that.

I've just heard of, and seen first hand some folks that think they got it in the bag(for whatever reason)...only to find out there's a definate learning curve when it comes to RC... much like a musician/guitar player needs "muscle memory"..same applies to RC.. a bit of muscle memory goes a looong way.. with that said.. I wish you well... and congratulaions on your recent acquisition... sounds like you have a great friend.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
I have flown before but on a buddy box. I dis give up controls on take off and landings since they weren't my planes. I definitely plan on getting a few lessons at the local rc club. I just purchased a dx6i that came with a blade 400 heli. I am new to the hobby and find this forum a great resource. There are some very knowledgable people here and I really appreciate your time to help out us newbies.

Mark
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:51 PM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
Mark, if those planes have spektrum receivers in them you should be able to bind them to the DX6i you got with the blade 400 and be ready to go. if those are your first planes you are in for a go because from the looks of them they are not gentile flyers.

trainers may be ugly but they serve a purpose.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,069 Posts
Get futaba. I have a Jr. Who makes spectrum and I dislike it for some reason or another. Futaba is the most popular and you will always beable to find the things you need. Futaba feel good to hold. Where my jr is very thick and aquard.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
I will give you $150 for the Yellow and Red one.

If you keep it, dont crash it, they have been discontinued and can not be replaced.

At first, stick to flying the Pulse 40 (the white/red one). Fun and easy to fly. Dont fly the yellow/red one till your 100% comfortable with the Pulse. 100%.....

The Ultra Stick (yellow/red) is about the BEST plane to fly in the wind, but it will not "self correct". It will go where you point it, and stay there.

Oh, about the Spektrum Rx's. DO NOT put anything LESS than a AR7010 in either plane, especially the Stick. Your going to have to trust me on this one.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Last edited by ScooterInVegas; Sep 12, 2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post

If you keep it, dont crash it, they have been discontinued and can not be replaced.

At first, stick to flying the Pulse 40 (the white/red one). Fun and easy to fly. Dont fly the yellow/red one till your 100% comfortable with the Pulse. 100%.....

The Ultra Stick (yellow/red) is about the BEST plane to fly in the wind, but it will not "self correct". It will go where you point it, and stay there.

Oh, about the Spektrum Rx's. DO NOT put anything LESS than a AR7010 in either plane, especially the Stick. Your going to have to trust me on this one.
Lol. As much as I agree it's probably not the best starter I would feel wrong selling it. He's been in kthe hobby for 20 years and I know everything that's in there would be quality components. I live in south Florida about 15 min away from a great park. Most people will help you with a buddy box your 1st few landings and takeoffs. I flew the stick and did great flying it. It was my 1st flight ever. He never took controls until landing. I appreciate everyones input. Thank you

Mark
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:42 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post

nothing wrong with the full range 6 channel RX like the AR6200 and 6210
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
nothing wrong with the full range 6 channel RX like the AR6200 and 6210
Except the Stick needs a 7 ch radio.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
Looking at the stick it has the ar7000 and futaba s3004. Jr st47bb. They were flown with a dx7 and I just purchased a dx6i.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaimar View Post
Looking at the stick it has the ar7000 and futaba s3004. Jr st47bb. They were flown with a dx7 and I just purchased a dx6i.
that could be an issue if the stick uses all 7 channels....
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:24 PM
Village Idiot!
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
that could be an issue if the stick uses all 7 channels....
No coupled ailerons, but could still use "Crow" with the flaps Y'ed together.