HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
695 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking customer service..non exitence

Well i put in an order last week with Hobbyking and the payment went through to Hextronik without a glitch.

Over a the next couple of days I can still see that my order is being processed which I found was a little strange being as I have dealt with them in the past and they have been quick to dispatch the goods. I then receive an email saying that I have supplied incorrect information on my credit card...strange as it processed and has shown on my credit card statement.

They are saying that my address is incorrect? But my on my previous orders I have had no such problems. To rectify they want me to send a scan of my credit card only showing the last four numbers. I have reluctantly done this but my order has not been dispatched. After sending repeated emails..I get no response

My problem with this company is there is no one to speak to in Hong Kong and it does not list an address.

After sending eight emails to them and with no response, I have decided that tommorrow, I will be contacting the HK consumer council and my credit card company to cancel the payment.

It's a shame... but I would rather pay a slightly higher price and have customer service to fall back on as and when i need it.

Good thing is there are plenty of smaller outfits here that provide very good products and customer care...
justy g is online now Find More Posts by justy g
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 08:20 AM
United States, NC, Faison
Joined Jan 2011
682 Posts
After being scammed myself, there is no way I would send a copy of my credit card to anyone. I think that you are doing the right thing by passing it up! A good deal is only good if you get the item that you are buying.
rjstrickjr is offline Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
Old Sep 11, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
695 Posts
It seem totally absurd to use a secure site for payments and then be asked for verification by scanning copy of my credit card.

What really annoys me is there is no telephone number to contact them only a live chat site which I have used to no avail.

I' m not first and probably not the last to receive "ostrich customer care " from Hobbyking
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Please report in the "vendor" forum, but be sure you can take any comments that come your way.

Beware of folks who ask you for more information about your order-the drill is to draw you out, then put you in a harsh light because you didn't do one thing or another, or because you did do one thing or another.

If you are in Hong Kong, as I recall HK invites "visits" and some address used to be listed.

As I recall its in or near Aberdeen.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:57 AM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jul 2006
109 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen.... I cancelled the order....they said it would take weeks to refund the cc transaction but only took a couple days. Someone else suggested only using Paypal when ordering which I will do in the future. I decided to have some fun the other day when chatting with them online. I typed out what I wanted to say and translated into chinese with google translate.....but she said she didn't understand...oh well I had fun
nhale is offline Find More Posts by nhale
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhale View Post
I had the exact same thing happen.... I cancelled the order....they said it would take weeks to refund the cc transaction but only took a couple days. Someone else suggested only using Paypal when ordering which I will do in the future. I decided to have some fun the other day when chatting with them online. I typed out what I wanted to say and translated into chinese with google translate.....but she said she didn't understand...oh well I had fun
They must of outsourced their cust support to USA! LOL!
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Nah, the chat would be in Spanish.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
It takes a training course on how/what/ when /where to shop at Hobby City. These threads pop up here all the time and I just have to laugh. MAN, THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE. Prepare to get frustrated and burned with a few good deals that go along with the ride until you finally understand who you are dealing with. I don't expect anything past GIVING THEM money and anyone that does should be embarressed doing so, ha!

And to think, they are a site sponser???? How frightening, ha!

Between them and the boneheads at Hobby Partz, the world is truly turned upside down, ha! But we are all used to it by now right??

But Bob's CA is nice and fresh when they have it in the US warehouse!
viflyer is offline Find More Posts by viflyer
Last edited by viflyer; Sep 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Somewhere, Bernard Madoff laughs with you...
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:27 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viflyer View Post
It takes a training course on how/what/ when /where to shop at Hobby City. These threads pop up here all the time and I just have to laugh. MAN, THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE. Prepare to get frustrated and burned with a few good deals that go along with the ride until you finally understand who you are dealing with. I don't expect anything past GIVING THEM money and anyone that does should be embarressed doing so, ha!

And to think, they are a site sponser???? How frightening, ha!

Between them and the boneheads at Hobby Partz, the world is truly turned upside down, ha! But we are all used to it by now right??

But Bob's CA is nice and fresh when they have it in the US warehouse!
it's just like Linux/Unix- takes lots of training and know hows...but once you learn, you'll never go back to windooozzz.
Of course the majority would rather stay with doooozzzz cause it's well, dummy proof (well, sorta).

I found HK 5 years ago, and have never gone anywhere else for electronics...except for the occasional buying from classifieds here on RCG.
In about 40+ orders, I've had 1 broken prop and 1 declined paypal (my fault), but all were taken care of by HK through live chat.

While there are legit cases, if you read, 90% are shipping/user error (of which HK has very little control over). The rest could be resolved, but most don't have the patience. I keep saying it and it falls on deaf ears, but if you can't wait, don't buy from HK. Instead buy from your LHS...support your LHS- Perhaps, don't go to that movie on the weekend, or don't eat dinner tonight...and save that money to spend at your LHS.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Feb 2009
87 Posts
HK custmer service is NFG

I just ran into a problem with HobbyKing customer service. I ordered and paid for an in stock Bell 206 fuselage which was still not shipped after 15 days. I emailed HK and was told no problem it will be shipped very soon. I emailed 2 more times and the response from customer service was "sorry we are too busy to ship your order" . That is BS because I placed another order the day after this one and it was shipped in 6 days and arrived here 10 after that. So after more than 3 weeks waiting for HK just to ship it into the postal system I gave up and filed a claim with Paypal. I now see from my account at HK that the fuse order has been removed but they have not contacted Paypal with any response or repayment ! Either way I'll get my money back from either paypal or my credit card company but it sucks to be lied to by HK custmer service. They have probably lost me as a customer.
leakywellie is offline Find More Posts by leakywellie
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:53 AM
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakywellie View Post
I just ran into a problem with HobbyKing customer service. I ordered and paid for an in stock Bell 206 fuselage which was still not shipped after 15 days. I emailed HK and was told no problem it will be shipped very soon. I emailed 2 more times and the response from customer service was "sorry we are too busy to ship your order" . That is BS because I placed another order the day after this one and it was shipped in 6 days and arrived here 10 after that. So after more than 3 weeks waiting for HK just to ship it into the postal system I gave up and filed a claim with Paypal. I now see from my account at HK that the fuse order has been removed but they have not contacted Paypal with any response or repayment ! Either way I'll get my money back from either paypal or my credit card company but it sucks to be lied to by HK custmer service. They have probably lost me as a customer.
Take heart, according to rcalldaylong you are just one of a teenie weenie number of people who have EVER had a problem with HC, ha!
viflyer is offline Find More Posts by viflyer
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Guys, if you want the HK folks and fellow travelers to see this, move it to "Vendors."

Touts and claquers, anyone?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:31 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
angelfood, why don't you hit the "report this post to a moderator" link and request it is moved? I see Futz is having an interseting week. Where is he hovering? Does he farm pigs and fly RC helicopters?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:29 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
695 Posts
Hobbyking refunds take 4-6 weeks

Having just spent the last 45 minutes on their live chat...I will have to wait for 4-6 weeks for my credit card to be refunded.

It is totally unacceptable when you pay for ems delivery (2-3 days) and then the goods still have not been shipped 10 days later due to HK incompetence. You then cancel the order because I've paid 60 dollars for the shipping ( 2-3 day delivery) and then you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get a refund to your credit card. A shop can cancel and refund payment immediately, but not HK

Be very careful with this crowd because when you get a problem the customer service does not exist. I had to keep repeating the question of '"what's your address please" eight times before they would give it to me. The operator Ricky kept avoiding answering any questions even had the cheek to keep asking why and for what reason!

I'm a platinum member and have patience with many successful orders previously with same credit card and address.
Below is their quote

Welcome Platinum member!
"We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims.
Platinum members can also enjoy the very best pricing from our store and receive exclusive discount emails.
As a Platinum member we value you as a customer greatly and will try our best to ensure your expectations are met".

If you order through this crowd make sure it's via paypal as you have some come back.

Very, very poor customer service...virtually extinct!