SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Cool
World Models (Airborne Models) Japanese ZERO EP

Hi Guys!

I brought a few models to sell and did not get too much attention since I came sort of late at 10:45am and did not setup my own table at 11:00am

Needless to say, what happened was that yet another model found it's way to my car!!! It was not one that I brought with me to sell, either!!!!

GravesRC is one of the largest Hobby Stores in Central Florida and they hosted a nice Swap Meet Sale with Tables and all items in the store was 10% Discounted only for today.

Can you believe it, a brand new WORLD MODELS JAPANESE ZERO (New version with the Battery Hatch) and pre-installed Retract Servo (HS-85MG) and Aileron Servos (HS-55's) for a cool $45.00 US CASH! All hardware and includes the Brushless motor with the Folding Propeller but, I will use a Three blade propeller instead.

Here she is:

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,615 Posts
Nice

You definitely scored a nice plane there, definitely better than the soft foam from Thunder Tiger.
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:07 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom View Post
You definitely scored a nice plane there, definitely better than the soft foam from Thunder Tiger.
Yes, looks like this one will be my next project instead of the foamies!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:30 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,615 Posts
I am jealous, just finished my TT Zero build but would have preferred the World Model that you have!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
I am jealous, just finished my TT Zero build but would have preferred the World Model that you have!
Nah, The TT is still a ZERO and it will look nice just because!

I still have my entire "SHE" Vanity sink with both the Thunder Tiger and the GWS foamie ZEROs waiting in turn! They are fun for what they are, ZEROs!

Go ahead and finish your TT and have fun!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:38 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Nah, The TT is still a ZERO and it will look nice just because!

I still have my entire "SHE" Vanity sink with both the Thunder Tiger and the GWS foamie ZEROs waiting in turn! They are fun for what they are, ZEROs!

Go ahead and finish your TT and have fun!
Remember, Balsa / Light Plywood only gives you one chance.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:59 PM
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
You want us to hate you for this???

Lucky!
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
I do realize that I am lucky and in the right place and time as the gentleman was visibly tired and hungry when I came up to him and asked him about this Japanese ZERO with a new appearance.

As he hurried to pack all the items that he could not sell during this Saturday's Swap Meet at my local hobby store, I asked him about the price and he said $50.00 then, I waited for him to come back for another model to take back to his vehicle and I countered with how about $45.00 as I just got here and I have not sold anything?

He said "YES"

Oh, please don't hate me.....allow me to continue with the build and provide GOOD LUCK to all of you watching!

I am working on her right now and hope to place more progress pictures later, if not later in the morning.

Regards,
Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:56 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Okay guys,

I my have found a good scale 3-blade propeller and spinner for this Japanese Zero!

It is this one from Flyzone FW-190 that just arrived and I saw it up close at the local hobby store and they told me that they just arrived. Trying to keep my mind focused on this ZERO is pretty hard as there were the new E-Flite arrivals as well the Stagerwing and the Cessna 150!!

Okay, here is what I am considering.....let me know what you all think?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:30 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Motor Weigh-In Session!

Okay,

In reading up the existing threads for this model I noticed some kind of issue about Center-Of-Gravity and decided to look and see about a slightly heavier motor to off-set this condition, if indeed there is a C-of-G issue by using the STOCK provided motor.

I therefore, looked in my hobby drawer and found one brand new BP A2217/9 Brushless motor (950Kv), however, I decided NOT to consider it because there was NO screw retaining holes on the front bell like the STOCK and required modification of the front mount in order to make it work.

I was curious of the weights of each motor to see if I was gaining anything by even considering the BP Hobbies motor and here is what I found.

As you can see there really "is" no gains for extra weight by using another motor other than what has been provided and without modifying the frontal motor mount.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:40 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Motor and ESC Installation

So, I installed the STOCK provided brushless motor and here it is.....

Here is the model with Motor and ESC installed:

Here is how I secured the ESC:

Okay, next will be the Rudder and Elevator servos and push rods plus clevis installation and attachment to the control surfaces.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:31 AM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,615 Posts
Looking great, the three bladder looks good but am interested to see what type of spinner you are planning on using on it. How much does it currently weigh?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:09 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Looking great, the three bladder looks good but am interested to see what type of spinner you are planning on using on it. How much does it currently weigh?
The Spinner of the FW-190 seems to be scale like and perhaps some paint would make it for the ZERO?

The 3-blade form the Flyzone FW-190 is not light weight but, not a ton tossy either. The prop is hardy and does not flex!!

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:32 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Sport BEC

Going to use the SPORT BEC decive so, I do not have to mess with the ESC harness as this external BEC is a plug and play!
RCG Plus Member