SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
Here's what I've been trying to get to Baily or Pete:
I am contacting you, to convey my disappointment concerning the current outcome, of my first purchase from Banana Hobby. (Order # bh18-186899.)

This order consisted of two (2) rc aircraft and additional parts totaling just under $500. This is to date, the largest order, that I have ever purchased from any RC supplier.

After receiving and unpacking both aircraft, I discovered that the vertical tail of one aircraft, had both a manufactured defect, and a crack, rendering the part defective. There were no visible damages to the boxes that it was shipped in, so I had no reason to suspect that this damage was the shippers responsibility.
The manufactured defect, consists of a plastic part that was glued on to the vertical tail by the manufacturer. This part was crooked and not fully seated in place on the vertical tail. This part was apparently misaligned as the glue cured. Correcting the alignment of this part would risk damaging the foam material of the vertical tail, therefore rendering the part defective and in need of replacement.

Moving on with my inspection, I discovered that the ESC rating in both of the planes that I had received, were 70 amps as labeled, and not 80 amps as stated on the items web page and as "Pete" states in his video review.

I then took corrective action by conversing with "Marry" on the chat session window and relayed my discoveries. Marry requested I send numerous photos concerning my claims and I complied.

After sending the pictures and not receiving any indication that my information was being reviewed, I again initiated a chat session with "Marry". Marry was able to retrieve my photos, and stated that replacement of the damaged tail was possible but she was waiting for another departments decision on the ESC rating.
Marry then returned stating that the main technician had informed her that the ESC had been mislabeled and that "either one would work". I expressed to Marry that I felt uncomfortable using an ESC labeled 10 amps lower than the advertised rating, and that as long as I was waiting for the replacement vertical tail, I would prefer an exchange for the 80 amp ESC's, after all, that is what I paid for.
Marry said that I could return the 70 amp ESC's to be "re-labeled" for 80 amps but that she was not sure that it would help. And that the technician "Pete" said "that either one would work".
I conveyed to Marry that since both manufacturer boxes that I received, were stating "70 amp ESC", it looked to me that I could have been shipped "old stock" and that the newest revision of this model probably has an 80 amp ESC, as I had been lead to believe that I was paying for, from the beginning.
Marry stated that this information was coming from the main technician, and that if it said 70 amp on the box, that was all that would be in stock, and that she could not supply me with an ESC that was labeled "80 amp".

The chat session was resumed on another day, and the result, was that I would be sent a replacement vertical tail. As far as the ESC rating issue is concerned, I remain doubtful that I have received the advertised 80 amp ESC. How would I know?The units I have in front of me are labeled "70 amp".

Since the last chat session with Marry, I have been patiently waiting for some indication that the replacement vertical tail had been shipped. An email a with tracking number appeared in my mail box on Dec 28. With further investigation, I found that a damage claim had been filed with UPS for the replacement of the vertical tail, and that it is pending investigation.
UPS Tracking #1ZX388V40390456376 - Erie, Pa, United States, Tuesday, 12/27/2011 12:33 PM Damage reported. / Damage claim under investigation
I'm not sure how, from my description and the photos that I forwarded, that anyone could come to the conclusion that UPS would be responsible for the manufactured defect and packing damage of the vertical tail.

This latest discovery, only adds to the frustration and disappointment, that this first purchase with Banana Hobby has generated. It also supports a lack of confidence, that Banana Hobby is where I would want to spend my hard earned dollars on future RC purchases

regretfully,

Dave Wheeler
stolflyer is offline Find More Posts by stolflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Is Banana Hobby Still in Business?

I have been trying to resolve a problem with a Christmas Gift, I have sent 2 Customer Service "Contact Us" on Dec 26th still no reply
I called today Jan 6th and answering machine says store closed hours are blah-blah (It was 1:30 PST pm and 20 and 40 minutes later!)
I tried the website Chat and it failed as no one was available, it suggested I send message to info@bananahobby.com. Did that.
No response!

Do I cancel MasterCard transaction and let them contact me?

What is happening? And don't tell me they moved warehouse, I read that, but no reason to cancel communications!
Loon is offline Find More Posts by Loon
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
judging by blog and hooplah about BH and pete being at the AMA expo, I'd say their still in business alright. In the business of taking more of the money, and sweeping customer satisfaction under the rug.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:26 AM
So Calif
Joined Mar 2009
121 Posts
They have moved, I have no idea where. Doubt if they will tell anyone - too many unhappy customers out there looking for Pete. Notice how happy he is to show how many planes he has. Doubt if any of them fly with stock BH electronics.
Banana Hobby is MOVING! (2 min 32 sec)
Propnuts is offline Find More Posts by Propnuts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
Finally got thru on chat line about my replacement vert tail. Got plenty of excuses as to why they hadn't shipped yet. They were not operating the week of the 26th so they started back at it on the 3rd of jan. So even by "Marry's" calculations we were on the 6th day of the 4-7 day processing for order turn around. But then factor in that "they had just moved and that things were backed up a bit", probably leaves me wth a ship date that is about as predictable as tomorrows winning lottery number! What a way to run a business.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
I would really like to order the A1 Skyraider from BH, but according to the reviews people say I should not deal with them. I want to hear from you Pete if I should give you my business. No one else has the A1 in the oversize and I am making it my first online purchase, I hope you can come through.
couveflyer is offline Find More Posts by couveflyer
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Bananahobby might lose a customer

Let me start off by saying I am BRAND new to RC helicopters. My nephew got a mini co axle for Christmas and I was hooked. I started my research and bought the Blitzworks Goblin after watching the review. I am regretting that decision now. When the Goblin arrived on my step the box looked as it was dropped from the 3rd floor. Giving BananaHobby the benefit of doubt I removed the chopper and inspected it for damage. Everything looked OK however the Helicopter was out of control. I started by trying to contact Bananahobby with several emails, numerous live chats (useless) and sending pics of the damage for a exchange, refund or any kind of response. I am now researching my next helicopter and Bananahobby is not on my calling list unless they prove they want my business.
rwh44 is offline Find More Posts by rwh44
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
bh18-192791
rwh44 is offline Find More Posts by rwh44
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, LA, Winnfield
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
WELL I PLACED A ORDER MONDAY,1/9/12 AND FOR SOME REASON MY ORDER HAS NOT SHIPPED.I GOT A EMAIL YESTERDAY SAYING MY ORDER WILL SHIP IN 2 OR 3 DAYS!!!
BANANA HOBBY,WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS???? I HAVE BOUGHT FROM YOU BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER WAITED THIS LONG FOR A ORDER TO SHIP.
VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SHIPPING!!!!
WAS GOING TO ORDER THE A-10 BUT I WILL MOST LIKELY BUY FROM TOYSONIC JUST FOR THIS REASON!!!
WILL VERY MOST LIKELY DO MY BUSSINESS WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!

TOM
deadaim57 is offline Find More Posts by deadaim57
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
That's a lot of unhappy faces. Why would you order anything when they just moved there entire operation to another site and then complain about slow shipping. You should have expected that. I want to place another order pretty bad but i'll be "patient" so there will be nothing to complain about.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
I didn't no that they was moving.
Tom
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
Pinehurst NC
United States, NC, Pinehurst
Joined Jan 2012
61 Posts
Hi I just purchased the LX- A-10 RTF kit and need some help.
I need help setting up and testing the servos.

The batteries sent can not connect to the charger - they have a different conection and I am not sure if I am suppose to buy a conversion part to connect to the charger.

I am also confussed on how to wire this plan with what I have and could use some help.

If you have one of these or could help thanks
zorn151 is offline Find More Posts by zorn151
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorn151 View Post
Hi I just purchased the LX- A-10 RTF kit and need some help.
I need help setting up and testing the servos.

The batteries sent can not connect to the charger - they have a different conection and I am not sure if I am suppose to buy a conversion part to connect to the charger.

I am also confussed on how to wire this plan with what I have and could use some help.

If you have one of these or could help thanks
Post in this thread and you will get all the info you need.There is loads of info here,its a build thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465260

Tom
Old Jan 16, 2012, 03:43 AM
Afghanistan, Helmand, Laškar Gāh
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Order number BH18-194260. It was placed on Jan 4th and "shipping information" received by USPS on the 5th. Nothing else after that. I have checked tracking numbers for orders placed from other companies, and all of them show updated info once package is collected and in transit. Please let me know if items have ACTUALLY shipped. I am currently in Afghanistan and packages take anywhere between 10-15 days to arrive. On the 15th day I will file a claim with my cc company. Thank you.
eltorito is offline Find More Posts by eltorito
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:07 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
So im 19, been flying for a year. Im a very skilled pilot now. Finnishing up my 1st kit build (great planes super skybolt bipe). I can fly 3d helis too im ready for an edf now. ive heard so much negative talk about banana hobby. They have the one plane that can fullfill my RC hobby (until i go pro with gas turbines The LX twin YF-22 Raptor.... I want this thing so bad ive been eyeballing it on Bh site for a year now. Tax returns are in a few weeks.. Idc about customer service i just want that jet, LX makes the best foamies i trust their work. People say bh is moving to a new warehouse, when will they be settled in so i can get my order put in and get good shipping? I READ THIS WHOLE THREAD TONIGHT, ALL 9 PAGES. I want to trust them i want to give them my money so i can get my beautiful yf-22 banana hobby i know youll prolly read this. I want to tell you something... Everyone deserves a chance. IF YOU DO MY ORDER CORRECTLY WITH NO PROBLEMS. I will advertise your name on my F-22 and recommend THE NEW banana hobby to all my fellow fliers. Does that sound like a good deal? I know you guys love to bring in the money, so what do ya say?
quickstickk is offline Find More Posts by quickstickk