HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Not Yet Bailey but I ordered 2 and the f-15. After I ordered the F-15, I read alot of places said these were recalled. I'm not sure if I believe that but it worried me a bit. Thank you.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
I had a similar issue as Chris did. How I fixed it was----- check the 3 cables going from the esc to the motor. Mine did the same thing but the black cable was not attached to the motor. After I attached it, the motor worked fine. Hope it helps. The motor will only twitch if the black wire is not connected.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi Chris,

Please try the faulty motor with the esc that is working fine to see if it works properly as well as the esc thats getting hot with the motor that working fine so we may find out which is the issue? Also, please provide the order number when you respond so I may access your order.
Thanks for the advice, I did switch the esc's and the same problem happened on the other motor so it appears to be an issue with the esc and not the motor. Can you send me a replacement esc and it should be good to go? My order number is bh18-173563. Thanks, Chris
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
I had a similar issue as Chris did. How I fixed it was----- check the 3 cables going from the esc to the motor. Mine did the same thing but the black cable was not attached to the motor. After I attached it, the motor worked fine. Hope it helps. The motor will only twitch if the black wire is not connected.
Good point, I checked all the connections and they appeared solid. Based on how hot the esc got when I pushed the throttle I just think it may be a bad unit and I'm not handy enough to perform surgery on a RTF model. I trust BH will send out a new one shortly so I can get this bird flying.
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Paralyzer, that item was definitely not recalled.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
I had a similar issue as Chris did. How I fixed it was----- check the 3 cables going from the esc to the motor. Mine did the same thing but the black cable was not attached to the motor. After I attached it, the motor worked fine. Hope it helps. The motor will only twitch if the black wire is not connected.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi kiefabs, I have submitted a parts request to have the esc replaced, please allow 3-7 business days for the request to be processed. Once shipped you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefabs View Post
Good point, I checked all the connections and they appeared solid. Based on how hot the esc got when I pushed the throttle I just think it may be a bad unit and I'm not handy enough to perform surgery on a RTF model. I trust BH will send out a new one shortly so I can get this bird flying.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi kiefabs, I have submitted a parts request to have the esc replaced, please allow 3-7 business days for the request to be processed. Once shipped you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number.
Thanks, please put the rush on this, I'm running out of flying season in the north.
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
I very recently purchased a blitz tornado from Banana hobby. When the package arrived 10/29/11 the packaging was not damaged. I unpacked the item and noticed that it had some markings as it appeared to have a hard pre-flight. Canopy has some scarring and outward dimples in the transparent plastic, main gear had rubbed on canopy, tail bar had a slight ding in it. The transmitter has 2 deep gouges on top of display like someone poked it with a pin and light scraches all over that are very hard to see. Nothing that I couldn't deal with. So I charged the battery for the first flight. I turned on the transmitter, plugged the helicopter in, I slowly brought the rotors up to speed, got it an inch or so off the ground when a catastrophic failure of some kind occured. It made a loud whining sound and spun out of control and crashed to the ground. Even with the crash kit installed the failure caused significant damage to the helicopter above what originally caused the helicopter to fail. One of the rotor blade tips was wrecked, the loud whining sound appears to have come from the main drive gear that drives the rotors.

I called banana hobby to let them know about the issues i am having with this Blitz tornado.

First call 10/31/11around 1:30 EST
spoke with a rep that took all the info down and said she would have to forward info to support dep and i would receive an email letting me know what they were going to do by the end of the day. I checked my email every hour on the our with some concern at around 8:30 pm EST knowing they close is 30 min So i made another call. This time when i spoke with the rep he said let me review the case. I said the rep i talked to before was still talking to the support dep on what they were going to do. ( I feel like i am getting a bulls**t story) But i gave them the benefit of the doubt and was cordial. Not 2 sec later my phone went off Youve got mail. I opened it and this is what it said We are very sorry to hear that you think the item that you've got was defective. Please email us at rma@BananaHobby.com with your order number on the subject heading and some photos showing the defective item(s) or part(s) by following the instructions. As soon as the photo's are inspected. We will respond to you as soon as we can with a resolution to this matter. I do apologize for this inconvenience NOW i wait
pstaman is offline Find More Posts by pstaman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:10 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
iflyrc1012's Avatar
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
when will the 63 inch w/s Pitts biplane be available without electronics and motor?????
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2011, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Well, sadly, I had to cancel my order with BH. I wanted to order 2 Prop adapters for the skyraider and a jet. When I placed the order 3 weeks ago or so, they were in stock. I was even sent an email letting me know. Awesome, so placed the order. About 3 days later I was informed that the version of jet I ordered was not available, so I ordered a different version that WAS in stock. Well, a few days after that, I was informed that the second choice of jet was also not in anymore. So, I ordered another plane through the chat service that was in stock......ok, i'm about ready to go ahaead, then she tells me the prop adapters are not in stock!!!!!???? WHAT? I ordered these about 3 weeks prior and were all sold out a week after I ordered mine. Well holy sh++! Why didn't they put them aside? Why did they not inform me that they were out instead of trying to address the jet part of the order. In my store, when someone orders multiple items and 1 isn't in stock, I hold the other items until I get the missing parts. That way if the missing parts take too long, the customer has the option of getting the other stuff sent. Simple right? Well obviously not. I am done with banana hobby. I tried, you failed, I'm done. They sent me a free prop adapter about a month ago but it was the wrong one. When I asked them about it, they said that I had to pay for the right prop adapter. They didn't even know they sent it, lmao. Anyways, why would they ship the wrong one for free only to tell me I have to pay for the right one. I was hoping they were turning around but...........
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:22 PM
Registered User
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2006
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Simple right? Well obviously not. I am done with banana hobby. I tried, you failed, I'm done. They sent me a free prop adapter about a month ago but it was the wrong one. When I asked them about it, they said that I had to pay for the right prop adapter. They didn't even know they sent it, lmao. Anyways, why would they ship the wrong one for free only to tell me I have to pay for the right one. I was hoping they were turning around but...........
Welcome to the voluminous ranks of dissatisfied BH ex-customers!
Little-Acorn is offline Find More Posts by Little-Acorn
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefabs View Post
Thanks, please put the rush on this, I'm running out of flying season in the north.
OK, just got a replacement esc today for the P38...now the motors are not spinning at the same speed. One side now doesn't start spinning until the throttle is about 1/2 power and both sides don't spin at the same speed at any power setting. Someone please help me get these balanced so I can fly.
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2011, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefabs View Post
OK, just got a replacement esc today for the P38...now the motors are not spinning at the same speed. One side now doesn't start spinning until the throttle is about 1/2 power and both sides don't spin at the same speed at any power setting. Someone please help me get these balanced so I can fly.
OK, figured out that I needed to reprogram the ESC. Looks like everything is working together now. I will suggest for future shipments to include those directions as well with RTF models in case others run into the same problem.
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM
Ghostrider
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Still There?

Hi Bailey,
I was wondering if you're still there. This string has been really quiet lately. I've been impressed with the way BH seems to be going out of it's way to field customer service issues in a meaningful way. If you're still there BH will remain a candidate for my business (you have a great selection of planes and I love Pete's videos--he reminds me of being the Cal Worthington of RC Planes). If not, well, where there's smoke...

Hope all is well.

Ghostrider
Ghostrider1 is offline Find More Posts by Ghostrider1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Paralyzer, I emailed you this past Monday did you not receive it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Well, sadly, I had to cancel my order with BH. I wanted to order 2 Prop adapters for the skyraider and a jet. When I placed the order 3 weeks ago or so, they were in stock. I was even sent an email letting me know. Awesome, so placed the order. About 3 days later I was informed that the version of jet I ordered was not available, so I ordered a different version that WAS in stock. Well, a few days after that, I was informed that the second choice of jet was also not in anymore. So, I ordered another plane through the chat service that was in stock......ok, i'm about ready to go ahaead, then she tells me the prop adapters are not in stock!!!!!???? WHAT? I ordered these about 3 weeks prior and were all sold out a week after I ordered mine. Well holy sh++! Why didn't they put them aside? Why did they not inform me that they were out instead of trying to address the jet part of the order. In my store, when someone orders multiple items and 1 isn't in stock, I hold the other items until I get the missing parts. That way if the missing parts take too long, the customer has the option of getting the other stuff sent. Simple right? Well obviously not. I am done with banana hobby. I tried, you failed, I'm done. They sent me a free prop adapter about a month ago but it was the wrong one. When I asked them about it, they said that I had to pay for the right prop adapter. They didn't even know they sent it, lmao. Anyways, why would they ship the wrong one for free only to tell me I have to pay for the right one. I was hoping they were turning around but...........
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Banana hobby customer support is THE BEST! They really are pretty amazing. bluemeane Banana Hobby 17 Sep 23, 2013 11:37 AM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Banana Hobby CSR Banana Hobby 67 May 14, 2011 07:04 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Rotation Update! banana hobby Banana Hobby 34 Nov 16, 2010 09:08 PM
Discussion Official Banana Hobby Support/Questions Thread banana hobby Vendor Talk 121 May 18, 2010 07:58 PM