HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Thank You.

Thank You Alex. I will try this today, but the motor is very tight to turn by hand. I will reply as soon as this test is complete.
boundtocrash is offline Find More Posts by boundtocrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
My mistake, thanks baddb1.
boundtocrash is offline Find More Posts by boundtocrash
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:28 PM
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Is Banana Hobby a rotten banana?

Hi pilots it's me Pete from Banana Hobbies. Sounds like a nice catch phrase doesn't it? The planes look nice, especially for the price paid. Even Pete does a nice job using the word beautiful repeatedly in new and innovative ways in his reviews. Like many we gravitated toward the Banana Hobby Site multiple times. Just couldn't wait to purchase something, anything. A kid in a candy store...

I'm a father of a first time buyer as my son purchased a Diamond Viper F-18 Hornet Jet. Fantastic except for the complete absence of customer service. A few problems that just need a little minor attention. There is nothing like calling a company you've just given your hard earned money to only to find that you can't actually speak with anyone, and your only option is an email ticket on support. "Gee, I'm disappointed all ready." Three business days later, nothing. I have an 11 year old that's an excellent pilot and even he said, and I quote. "You get what you pay for". This 11 year old is the future of a company like Banana Hobby.

Looks to me like Banana is in line to be one of the top bananas except for this glaring problem. Kind of sad that all of these comments could have been alleviated by giving the customer the only thing they are asking for, a little customer service.

Gary Kelley
Broadcast Journalist
Gary Kelley is offline Find More Posts by Gary Kelley
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:04 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,193 Posts
Its even been 2 weeks since "nancy" in customer service has been on this thread!!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:29 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,614 Posts
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:12 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Don't use Banana Hobby customer service! its much faster just to order a replacement plane from Banana Hobby and between the two you will get 1 complete!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
United States, LA, Opelousas
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Need Customer Service please

Order number -27440-130126
Well, I finally was able to open my shipment today and I must say, other than a small scuff on the port side of the fuselage, everything seemed perfect. I started to check the contents of the box using Pete's video and the enclosed manual as a reference. There is a problem. I do not have an enclosed bag of hardware for my aircraft. No control horns, bolts, or anything like this. I am also missing the front canopy cover. Meaning, where the pilot sits. I have no clear "glass" cover for the front of the plane. Miss Nancy, if possible, can you please send these missing components so I can get my plane assembled. I am in no hurry. The weather here is terrible. But I would like to get the b-25 assembled and ready fly. Let me know what you need from me and I will get it to you ASAP. Thank you very much!
Gaminguru is offline Find More Posts by Gaminguru
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
540 Posts
Maybe Miss Nancy will return tomorrow.
Bugbitten is offline Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:16 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Miss Nancy will get on that right away! (YEA RIGHT)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:22 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
miss nancy will get on that right away! (yea right)
lmfao , Its been 3 weeks now since she has been here!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
Take Their money and RUN rule # 1-

One should NEVER return to the scene of a Crime!!
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:24 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi The Huff! Having reviewed the details of your case, I believe CSR Clifford had already sent the appropriate RMA instructions to your email inbox. Please check your email soon! I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thanks, The Huff! -Seba
The Fall Of A Once Great Empire is the inevitable
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:21 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kelley View Post
Hi pilots it's me Pete from Banana Hobbies. Sounds like a nice catch phrase doesn't it? The planes look nice, especially for the price paid. Even Pete does a nice job using the word beautiful repeatedly in new and innovative ways in his reviews. Like many we gravitated toward the Banana Hobby Site multiple times. Just couldn't wait to purchase something, anything. A kid in a candy store...

I'm a father of a first time buyer as my son purchased a Diamond Viper F-18 Hornet Jet. Fantastic except for the complete absence of customer service. A few problems that just need a little minor attention. There is nothing like calling a company you've just given your hard earned money to only to find that you can't actually speak with anyone, and your only option is an email ticket on support. "Gee, I'm disappointed all ready." Three business days later, nothing. I have an 11 year old that's an excellent pilot and even he said, and I quote. "You get what you pay for". This 11 year old is the future of a company like Banana Hobby.

Looks to me like Banana is in line to be one of the top bananas except for this glaring problem. Kind of sad that all of these comments could have been alleviated by giving the customer the only thing they are asking for, a little customer service.

Gary Kelley
Broadcast Journalist
Don't tell me, there was a screw missing, or a little, itty bitty piece of foam was broken off?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
" If I ignore the problem long enough...It will go away" - Banana Hobby... Training 101
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Its even been 2 weeks since "nancy" in customer service has been on this thread!!
Lol Try 5 weeks!!! last here...feb18th 2013 02/18/13