SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
KC, you've only been waiting 12 days? I've been waiting since Nov. 28th for my order, been being told by C.S. on the phone "be here next week" since mid December. Now they must be sick of hearing from me every week, so last week they said "two weeks", and the really funny thing is the item STILL shows on their site as being "available early January 2013". I don't get ANY help from them here, don't even bother with Facebook, and C.S. on the phone keeps telling me the same thing every time I call them. I WILL say every time I call them, I manage to get a hold of someone, usually on hold for no longer than 45 minutes (!), but they just keep telling me the same thing. I dunno, maybe one day when the planets align or something, my helicopter will show up there, and if there ain't 26,000 people ahead of me ordering it, I may just get it. Need to bow toward Mecca more maybe...
Good afternoon matiac.

Can I have your order number please?

- Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:18 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Today I received the servo replacement from Banana Hobby. As you may recall They sent me a servo without the arms and screws. Well not only did they send me the missing arms but they also included another servo. The servo fits in the SU35 and is a expensive one. So I must now say Banana hobby responded to my order problem promptly and replaced more than my missing items
Hello goldsworthy.

I'm happy to hear that the replacement was sent to you with everything intact.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

- Nancy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:30 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
NO it didnt work. Email was responded to.
Good afternoon baddb1.
Thank you for providing the updates in regards to the ESC. A request for a replacement ESC was submitted to be sent out to you. A rush notice was also placed on it, but it's not guaranteed.

- Nancy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Might be your experience...but it's not mine. I've had prompt return of money and also very prompt replacement of merchandise from several businesses. Some with no pictures or any other proof of damage or wrong merchandise.

And besides my question was why does it take 2-3 business days to return money when it only takes seconds to lift it out of your account......
Hello Brner.

If you were to purchase and pay with PayPal, the refunds would have shown in your account instantly. However, because the transaction was done via Credit/Debit card, it does take some time depending on your card issuer. It's the same for when we get gas. The amount does not reflect on our statement until 2 - 3 business days later.
At this time, I would like to know if you had received your refund. If you have yet to receive it, may I have your order number so that I can forward the information to the Accounting Department to see what may the issue be.

- Nancy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman1950 View Post
I recently tried to make purchase with BH. It showed in stock but when I went to track my order I was told it was back ordered. GEEEEE, I know I've posted this before and a lot. BLAH, Blah, Blah, we all know the story, They had STOLEN my money from my account and it was going to take forever to be returned. If you have had the same experience, contact me and I can always add you to my law suit.
Good afternoon poolman1950.

- Nancy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good afternoon poolman1950.

- Nancy
Now thats FAST customer service!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:16 PM
Customer Support
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaminguru View Post
I am sorry to bother, but I have a question. I sent an email using the tech support link on the website 8 days ago and still have not heard a response. I just need to know the battery box (area) dimensions (LxWxH) for the LX B-25 (http://www.bananahobby.com/super-b-2...5559-prd1.html). I recently purchased one and need to order batteries. Pete's video was a little unclear as to which Genesis power batteries he used. I also need to know the minimum and maximum voltage range for the motors to see which cell configuration I should use. I have been hearing from MANY MANY sources that the stock system, on a 4 cell, is grossly underpowered. I just want to make sure that I get everything I need. Thank you very very much!
Hello Gaminguru.

It is not a bother at all.
In regards to the size of the battery compartment for the B-25, unfortunately, that information is not accessible to me. Reason being is because since there's so many different type of products, we are unable to measure each and every single one of the battery compartment size. Please know that the stock battery is made for its CG; therefore, by using a different battery, you must make sure to test the CG.
As for which Genesis Power batteries is good for the B-25, I would recommend a 14.8V 25C 5500mAh. You are still able to enhance the mAh, but the dimension will change as well. The C Ratings can change, but do be careful cause we don't want the C Ratings to be too high causing the other electronics to get damaged.

- Nancy
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:41 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,739 Posts
Quote:
... The C Ratings can change, but do be careful cause we don't want the C Ratings to be too high causing the other electronics to get damaged.
- Nancy
Hi Nancy;
How does too-high LiPo C-Ratings cause other electronics to get damaged??
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Jul 2010
119 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I noticed it yesterday and wondered when someone might comment.

My understanding has been that C is a current rating, reflecting how much current the battery can supply. A battery cannot push current through a device. A device can attempt to pull more current than a battery can deliver, which will lower the voltage, but the battery cannot force extra current through a device that will not draw it, so there is no danger in using a battery that can supply more current than is needed.

But I could be wrong.
jbryan80 is offline Find More Posts by jbryan80
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Hello Gaminguru.

The C Ratings can change, but do be careful cause we don't want the C Ratings to be too high causing the other electronics to get damaged.

- Nancy
Uhhh Ohh...It might also throw the earth off it's axis
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
Uhhh Ohh...It might also throw the earth off it's axis
You may want to check on this again!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
I noticed Nancy conveniently skipped right over my problem. That's the same type of support I got when I last spoke to them. They've completely ignored my request and blame me for what happened to my heli.
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan80 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I noticed it yesterday and wondered when someone might comment.

My understanding has been that C is a current rating, reflecting how much current the battery can supply. A battery cannot push current through a device. A device can attempt to pull more current than a battery can deliver, which will lower the voltage, but the battery cannot force extra current through a device that will not draw it, so there is no danger in using a battery that can supply more current than is needed.

But I could be wrong.
You aren't missing anything. C rating is simply the max amps a particular battery can provide but ONLY if the electronics are pulling it out of the battery. The electronics will only pull what they need and no more. Its like putting a larger fuel line on a gas engine. More fuel "could" flow if the engine could use it, but the car isn't going to be damaged by doing this. The motor will only use what it can.

There is no harm at all in using a high C rated pack in something that doesn't need it, other than higher C rated packs are typically heavier and cost more, so there isn't any sense in buying a pack rated higher than what you need. There can however be issues with using too low a C rating because the battery will perform poorly, and get hot if the electronics are trying to pull more amps than it can safely handle.

Only too much voltage would harm the electronics which would mean using a battery with more cells than was recommended.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
So..the earth will not fall off it's Axis do to someones Lipo having too many C's ??

Whoooo!! I can unpack now.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, LA, Opelousas
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Hello Gaminguru.

It is not a bother at all.
In regards to the size of the battery compartment for the B-25, unfortunately, that information is not accessible to me. Reason being is because since there's so many different type of products, we are unable to measure each and every single one of the battery compartment size. Please know that the stock battery is made for its CG; therefore, by using a different battery, you must make sure to test the CG.
As for which Genesis Power batteries is good for the B-25, I would recommend a 14.8V 25C 5500mAh. You are still able to enhance the mAh, but the dimension will change as well. The C Ratings can change, but do be careful cause we don't want the C Ratings to be too high causing the other electronics to get damaged.

- Nancy
Thanks for the quick response Nancy! I am going to place my Genesis Power order in just a moment. I am sorry that my question may have caused issues, but again I really do appreciate you and all you do. I have not opened my shipment yet as I am stuck in Hawaii and my B-25 is in Louisiana. I am SO looking forward to building this beautiful B-25. I have read this ENTIRE thread and have some worry. But, I know that if I have issues, I can reach you or the other CSR's here and that is comforting to know. Thanks again!

BTW, THANKS ALSO to everyone here on the thread. I am new to the ARF arena. All of my models are RTF and I am trying something a bit more involved. I don't know much about batteries but have learned ALOT from the wealth of knowledge here on RCGROUPS.com. Keep the good info coming. There are many of us "newbies" out here reading and trying to absorb what you folks are putting out.
Gaminguru is offline Find More Posts by Gaminguru