HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:55 AM
I glow in the dark!
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2011
77 Posts
Well I am glad things worked out for you, Banana Hobby has shown me their true colors and I will NEVER order from them again.
Jay R. is offline Find More Posts by Jay R.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
I hope things work out for you too.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
HI gunslinger7186, I apologize for that I've been out sick, the Kits are not suppose to come with motors but since you did receive one I will go ahead and submit a request for a replacement to be shipped out to you. You should receive email confirmation in a moment that it's been added to the order.
I got the email, and I appreciate the good service!
Thank you, Bailey. You're doing a great job at getting Banana Hobby's reputation fixed.
gunslinger7186 is offline Find More Posts by gunslinger7186
Last edited by gunslinger7186; Oct 08, 2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: syntax error
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:08 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Hi Tyclone, you should receive a response from Pete by the end of the day.
Miss Bailey, I have had no word from Pete yet.

Thanks,
Tyclone is offline Find More Posts by Tyclone
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:32 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I have a small problem I was hoping you could help me with. My order # is bh18-172184 and order date 10-5-11. I got all three planes today and everything was great except for one small item. The nose cone for the bz -22 was distorted like something heavy was dropped on it. It had to be packed that way because the box was perfect. This is my replacement air frame as I've put my first through the ringer and is pretty ugly rite now and I would hate to have to put a boogered up nose cone on my replacment ( parden the pun). Can you help me?
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
14 Posts
Well I took the gamble today (10/13) and placed an order with BH for a P38 and a Dragon with a couple of extra batteries and parts...read over this forum and saw hit and miss service but the planes were very interesting. Please make a great first impression BH, just getting back into flying and really need a good place to shop.

I'll report back on how it goes.
kiefabs is offline Find More Posts by kiefabs
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Bailey,
I started building the F9F and this is what I have run into; The front landing gear has an aluminum piece that holds the two piece strut together. One set screw was missing so I took the second set screw out to figure out the size and tried it it the missing set screw hole. It turns out the set screw is missing because the set screw hole is stripped in the little aluminum piece, so I need the aluminum piece and another set screw. The screws that hold on the block of foam that comes off under the fan ( nice feature by the way) are missing ( two screws) so I need them. All the electronics tested good in my initial unboxing test. (If you recall, I reported a vibration in the fan, but all servos worked.) Now that I have glued on the vertical tail fin and the wings and have the plane about ready to fly, I am spooling the fan up all the way to check things out. When I get about 2/3 throttle, the vibration I spoke about is at it's worst. When the airframe vibrates the elevator servo ( glued into the vertical tail fin at the factory and now glued onto the airplane by me) starts to glitch back and forth and then goes full up elevator and stays there. When I throttle back the servo once again comes back to center and is once again controllable by the included transmitter. I throttle up again and the servo jitters ( again when the plane starts vibrating) around center for a while and then goes to full up elevator and stays there. The transmitter has no effect on the servo until I once again throttle down or sometimes when I throttle all the way up because the vibration is less at full throttle. This tells me something is wrong with the servo, likely a bad solder joint on the printed circuit board inside the servo. I know the servo has to be replaced, but how do you do that without cutting the tail off to get the servo lead out and how do you not destroy the vertical stab getting the servo itself out of the hole it is glued into?
One last small item. Just handling the fuselage, the paint is coming off where my fingers touch it. So little spots of white foam are showing through now. It is just happening on the fuselage, not the wing or tail. It looks like they didn't wipe off the mold release ( or had more mold release in the mold than normal when the formed the fuselage) prior to painting the fuselage. It's a brand new airplane so I would like it to look decent when I maiden it in front of the guys. Do you have any touch up paint?
To recap:
1.Nose wheel strut aluminum joiner tube missing set screw and one hole buggered.
2.Missing the two screws that hold the foam fan cover to the bottom of the fuselage.
3.Elevator servo going haywire with vibration from the fan.(everything now assembled-
failure did not occur when tested during unboxing with tail fin not glued to plane)
4.Fuselage has white foam showing through in a bunch of small areas. Problem limited
to fuselage only (touch up paint?)

I look forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Tom
P.S. I got the shipping notice that the hinge points are coming. Thanks.
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:15 AM
Joined Jul 2005
13 Posts
BH Flight Simulator

Do not buy the flight simulator from banana hobbies. It doesnít work on Windows 7Ö. I install it on another computer with windows vista and it has horrible graphics.

Donít waste your money.....
CABJ21 is offline Find More Posts by CABJ21
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyclone View Post
No, Mr. Bailey the email did not help. THE WINGS DO NOT FIT. I have been building RC Planes for the last 30 years. When I started in this hobby, and you bought a new airplane it was just a box of sticks. I already own a BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz Oversize Dago Red P51D Mustang, which I bought from Banana Hobby. So, I know how to put this model together. The wings are wrong, they do not fit either of the fuselages I bought from Banana Hobby. Banana Hobby needs to make this right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heu1cG9BDfw
Tyclone, with all due respect, I would like to share a few things here with you. The wings do fit. The gap that you are referring to in the video and photos is not even close to an issue. Here is why. The cavity where the Wood Wing spare inserts into is a SNUG fit to say the least. However, the area is Foam. I have built several of these P-51's and some slid right in and some took some force and or shaving. Take the wing spar back out. Mark the CENTER point where the V is at with a sharpie. Start with one wing halve and insert and see if it reaches the V. If it does not, hold the wing vertical and use a rubber mallet and tap until it reaches your centerline. Next, take that wing spar BACK OUT of the wing you just inserted. Insert into the Second wing half. Do the same thing. It may need a bit of tapping again. Once this side seats at the Centerline, now, join the two halves. Press firm and it will seat perfect. Keep in mind this is Foam. There may be a bit of residual glue in the wing slot that is preventing the spar from inserting all the way. Either way, this issue for a guy that has over 30 years of modeling experience should be a walk in the park. This is still a hobby and sometimes, parts do not fit perfect as all would love them to. Thanks for your patience and I am sure this is resolution will work for you.

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:56 PM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Bailey,
I noticed that the elevator servo extension wire runs right next to the ESC back by the fan so I decided to try moving the servo extension away from the ESC in case it was not a vibration issue, but a RF issue. Good news is the elevator stopped glitching in the testing of running two batteries worth of juice through the fan and servos. For now let's call it fixed. The only thing that is keeping me from flying is the nose wheel aluminum joiner. If I have to, I can tape the fan cover on for now. I really wanted to maiden the plane Sunday! Any ideas of what I can do to keep the servo extension off to the side so it won't slip down next to the ESC again?
Thanks,
Tom
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Tyclone, with all due respect, I would like to share a few things here with you. The wings do fit. The gap that you are referring to in the video and photos is not even close to an issue. Here is why. The cavity where the Wood Wing spare inserts into is a SNUG fit to say the least. However, the area is Foam. I have built several of these P-51's and some slid right in and some took some force and or shaving. Take the wing spar back out. Mark the CENTER point where the V is at with a sharpie. Start with one wing halve and insert and see if it reaches the V. If it does not, hold the wing vertical and use a rubber mallet and tap until it reaches your centerline. Next, take that wing spar BACK OUT of the wing you just inserted. Insert into the Second wing half. Do the same thing. It may need a bit of tapping again. Once this side seats at the Centerline, now, join the two halves. Press firm and it will seat perfect. Keep in mind this is Foam. There may be a bit of residual glue in the wing slot that is preventing the spar from inserting all the way. Either way, this issue for a guy that has over 30 years of modeling experience should be a walk in the park. This is still a hobby and sometimes, parts do not fit perfect as all would love them to. Thanks for your patience and I am sure this is resolution will work for you.

Regards,

Pete
Pete,

All the pictures and video were taken WITHOUT the wooden wing spar installed. The only way to close the gap is to shave the inside of each wing by about half of inch. This would require remaking the dovetail joint that joins the two wings halves together. Doing this would also cause the back of the wing to become loose, because the foam cleat on top of the wing would not press firmly on the sides of the fuselage. If you have questiongs call me by telephone. I will need a answer by Tuesday.

Ty

My order number is bh18-166613
Tyclone is offline Find More Posts by Tyclone
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi soopertrucker, can you please send me a photo of the damaged nosecone to my email at bailey@bananahobby.com so I may verify the damage, and submit a parts request for a replacement to be shipped to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopertrucker View Post
I have a small problem I was hoping you could help me with. My order # is bh18-172184 and order date 10-5-11. I got all three planes today and everything was great except for one small item. The nose cone for the bz -22 was distorted like something heavy was dropped on it. It had to be packed that way because the box was perfect. This is my replacement air frame as I've put my first through the ringer and is pretty ugly rite now and I would hate to have to put a boogered up nose cone on my replacment ( parden the pun). Can you help me?
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
OK, so all you need then is the nose wheel aluminum joiner with the screws then? I am not sure but I will definitely check and get back to you a bit later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaus100 View Post
Hi Bailey,
I noticed that the elevator servo extension wire runs right next to the ESC back by the fan so I decided to try moving the servo extension away from the ESC in case it was not a vibration issue, but a RF issue. Good news is the elevator stopped glitching in the testing of running two batteries worth of juice through the fan and servos. For now let's call it fixed. The only thing that is keeping me from flying is the nose wheel aluminum joiner. If I have to, I can tape the fan cover on for now. I really wanted to maiden the plane Sunday! Any ideas of what I can do to keep the servo extension off to the side so it won't slip down next to the ESC again?
Thanks,
Tom
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:55 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Hi soopertrucker, can you please send me a photo of the damaged nosecone to my email at bailey@bananahobby.com so I may verify the damage, and submit a parts request for a replacement to be shipped to you.
E-mail sent. Thank you Bailey.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
You are welcomed, I have submitted a parts request for a replacement nose cone to be sent to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopertrucker View Post
E-mail sent. Thank you Bailey.