HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:37 AM
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined May 2006
135 Posts
This is how BH operates. They put on the act that they are trying to help on public forums and facebook when in reality they have not idea what they are doing and obviously have not customer support structure. I have given my order number 5 times on forums and facebook to Bailey and after gettting a response I receive the same generic email but never get results.

The following items have been shipped to:

XXXXXXXX

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Name Code Qty Each Options
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 CH BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz 2208 1 259.90 Battery Charger = No, I use my own
Pitts Hybrid 3D BiPlane Li-Po Balance Charger
Radio Remote Control Battery Option = No, I use my own
Electric RC Airplane ( battery
ARF ) Battery for Transmitter = No,
(Shipped) Thanks
UPS Tracking Number: Extra Battery = No, Thanks
1ZX388V40391230401 Neck Strap = No, Thanks
Pilot Figure = No, Thanks
Radio Option = No, I use my own
Transmitter & Receiver
Safety Option = No, Thanks
**Replacement ESC for STOCK 1 0.00
Item 2208-BJ 5.25.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
USPS Tracking Number: -
**Replacement Propeller STOCK 1 0.00
Hub for Item 2208-BJ
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
Subtotal 259.90
Free shipping coupon 0.00
(springflying)
Tax 22.74
Total 282.64

They have not actually sent out replacement parts but rather added them to my original order list. I received three or four of these email yet have not seen the first replacement since my purchase and first inquiry nearly 3 months ago. Bailey claims they never received my order number however I have correspondence with Bailey thanking me for the order number and photos of the defective parts.

Bailey.. You sent me an email on May 29 stating the replacement prop assembly, replacement ESC, , and missing hardware would be sent to me and I have not received anything. This is two weeks since the email and a month now since first contacting BH.

Item 2208-BJ 5.25.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Replacement Pro
peller STOCK 1 0.00
Hub for Item 2208-BJ
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Hardware for STOCK 1 0.00
the Tail Wheel for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Control Horns STOCK 3 0.00
W/ Backplates for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
4Like

Banana Hobby Hi, what's your order number or name so I can check on that?-Bailey
June 18 at 9:18am Like
RickJames Bish Your kidding right? I don't see how BH stays in business. It has to be the endless supply of morons that accept your products and support as being acceptable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Order # is XXXXXXXXXX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

June 18 at 12:39pm via mobile Like

Banana Hobby No, I apologize if that inconveniences you in any way but without information to locate the order there's no way of doing so, as we do deal with several customers a day. I have forwarded your order number to the parts department and I will update you as soon as I receive a response regarding the parts.-Bailey
June 18 at 5:49pm Like

RickJames Bish Several a day? That's all? LOL

People supporting BH are the reason crap companies like BH continue to exist. I no longer want the replacement parts. My only goal now is to be a thorn in your side and hope I can sway others from dealing with this train wreck of a company.
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
HI LowSpeedStall, I have disregarded the parts request for the nylon screw and submitted another for a 450MM Control Rod for the Rudder.
Hopefully the replacement won't be too difficult.

BH should add a section to the model page on the website with assembly notes for the plane. It could be noted there that the picture on page six of the assembly instructions is incorrect showing the two nylon screws used to attach the outside wings to the main wing. It could note that the screws to be used are the four metal screws included in the kit. That would eliminate the confusion that caused me to think I was missing the smaller wing attachment nylon screw. Either that or include a addendum to the instructions in the kit box.
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
I just found this thread and wanted to say thanks to Banana Hobby. I am new to the sport and have order much from them so far. The only problem I have had was a gimpy motor on a wing dragon 300. It may be just a cold solder somewhere, but I contacted them anyways. I mean hey, it's new, if I wanted to fix it I'd build it myself, lol. Either way, right away they sent me a new motor and did not even ask for the old one back first. I just got their FMS big p51d with sound module and quite honestly, for the money I paid, I was very impressed with the quality and ruggedness. Did I make some changes like replaceing the springs in the struts? Yup, but how many planes for under 150 bucks even HAVE retracts with shocks? As a nube, I am happy, thank you!!!!
jermflux is offline Find More Posts by jermflux
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi rz22g, I have responded to your post on fb, you are more than welcomed to post whatever you like but i can't help you or find out anything without your order number. Once you respond, be it you do provide some type of information so i can actually help, i will reply via either rcg or facebook. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz22g View Post
This is how BH operates. They put on the act that they are trying to help on public forums and facebook when in reality they have not idea what they are doing and obviously have not customer support structure. I have given my order number 5 times on forums and facebook to Bailey and after gettting a response I receive the same generic email but never get results.

The following items have been shipped to:

XXXXXXXX

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Name Code Qty Each Options
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 CH BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz 2208 1 259.90 Battery Charger = No, I use my own
Pitts Hybrid 3D BiPlane Li-Po Balance Charger
Radio Remote Control Battery Option = No, I use my own
Electric RC Airplane ( battery
ARF ) Battery for Transmitter = No,
(Shipped) Thanks
UPS Tracking Number: Extra Battery = No, Thanks
1ZX388V40391230401 Neck Strap = No, Thanks
Pilot Figure = No, Thanks
Radio Option = No, I use my own
Transmitter & Receiver
Safety Option = No, Thanks
Item 2208-BJ 5.25.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Replacement Propeller STOCK 1 0.00
Hub for Item 2208-BJ
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
Subtotal 259.90
Free shipping coupon 0.00
(springflying)
Tax 22.74
Total 282.64

They have not actually sent out replacement parts but rather added them to my original order list. I received three or four of these email yet have not seen the first replacement since my purchase and first inquiry nearly 3 months ago. Bailey claims they never received my order number however I have correspondence with Bailey thanking me for the order number and photos of the defective parts.

Bailey.. You sent me an email on May 29 stating the replacement prop assembly, replacement ESC, , and missing hardware would be sent to me and I have not received anything. This is two weeks since the email and a month now since first contacting BH.

Item 2208-BJ 5.25.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Replacement Pro
peller STOCK 1 0.00
Hub for Item 2208-BJ
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Hardware for STOCK 1 0.00
the Tail Wheel for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Control Horns STOCK 3 0.00
W/ Backplates for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
4Like

Banana Hobby Hi, what's your order number or name so I can check on that?-Bailey
June 18 at 9:18am Like
RickJames Bish Your kidding right? I don't see how BH stays in business. It has to be the endless supply of morons that accept your products and support as being acceptable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Order # is XXXXXXXXXX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

June 18 at 12:39pm via mobile Like

Banana Hobby No, I apologize if that inconveniences you in any way but without information to locate the order there's no way of doing so, as we do deal with several customers a day. I have forwarded your order number to the parts department and I will update you as soon as I receive a response regarding the parts.-Bailey
June 18 at 5:49pm Like

RickJames Bish Several a day? That's all? LOL

People supporting BH are the reason crap companies like BH continue to exist. I no longer want the replacement parts. My only goal now is to be a thorn in your side and hope I can sway others from dealing with this train wreck of a company.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi LowSpeedStall, thanks for the suggestion i will definitely forward that one and see what that can do about updating the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
Hopefully the replacement won't be too difficult.

BH should add a section to the model page on the website with assembly notes for the plane. It could be noted there that the picture on page six of the assembly instructions is incorrect showing the two nylon screws used to attach the outside wings to the main wing. It could note that the screws to be used are the four metal screws included in the kit. That would eliminate the confusion that caused me to think I was missing the smaller wing attachment nylon screw. Either that or include a addendum to the instructions in the kit box.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi jermflux, thanks for sharing your experience with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermflux View Post
I just found this thread and wanted to say thanks to Banana Hobby. I am new to the sport and have order much from them so far. The only problem I have had was a gimpy motor on a wing dragon 300. It may be just a cold solder somewhere, but I contacted them anyways. I mean hey, it's new, if I wanted to fix it I'd build it myself, lol. Either way, right away they sent me a new motor and did not even ask for the old one back first. I just got their FMS big p51d with sound module and quite honestly, for the money I paid, I was very impressed with the quality and ruggedness. Did I make some changes like replaceing the springs in the struts? Yup, but how many planes for under 150 bucks even HAVE retracts with shocks? As a nube, I am happy, thank you!!!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Super-duper Airplane flooper
USA, OH, Toronto
Joined Oct 2009
54 Posts
Lot's of Banana Hobby bashing, and maybe I'm just lucky but I ve had good experiences. I have bought two planes from BH. The giant scale Pitts and the 1700mm Red Tail. The Red Tail arrived with two problems. I emailed them and had the replacements in a week. Kudo's BH...you are doing a good job.
TFOA is offline Find More Posts by TFOA
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Bird of Time
Joined Sep 2003
413 Posts
Is it possible to get two new bombs for the Super Corsair?
Mauihiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Mauihiflyer
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Mauihiflyer! The bomb set for the Super Corsair is currently out of stock for the time being. However, please feel free to opt for an email alert once the item is back in stock. You may also send an inquiry to our Parts Department for the latest EDA info for the bomb set. Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Last edited by Sebastian_BHcsr; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
I ordered this Sunday morning and it said it was in stock, now it says out of stock today:
http://www.bananahobby.com/f-16-pro-...5444-prd1.html

My Order # is 952-120812 - can you verify that this was in stock when I ordered it and it will be shipped? I assume it was, as you cannot order something that is out of stock!
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
Hi Pete,
Is there anyway you could photo the inside of your panther?

I do not really have a cluse where some of the wireing/ESC/RX go ...so until I know I cant glue the fueslage togeather.
i want to get the weight/CG as close as possible..

ANY help installing the innards would be nice...the Directions Do absolutly nothing but show you the parts...I wasnt even sure in wich direction the Main gear was to be mounted...but guessed they should mount so the wheels are as close to the middle of the wing as possible ( so it can rotate on takeoff)

I am SURE Im not the only one that wishes there were Instructions..or a build thread somewhere...most threads are RTF kits on the Panther.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Pat
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,229 Posts
Hi,
I've heard out here on the RC Groups forum that FMS is discontinuing the 1400mm T-28, is that true?! There is quite a following for that plane, we hope it’s not true and just a rumor.

-Mark
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:02 PM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post
I ordered this Sunday morning and it said it was in stock, now it says out of stock today:
http://www.bananahobby.com/f-16-pro-...5444-prd1.html

My Order # is 952-120812 - can you verify that this was in stock when I ordered it and it will be shipped? I assume it was, as you cannot order something that is out of stock!
Well, a glitch in their system showed it in stock and let me order it! They are refunding me my money. DAMMIT!
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
@ MMATHENY...hurry to here....will save u a ton of $$ I think this is the same plane/model..blitzworks...for $36.75...no electrics though just the fan housing...its from the los angles warehouse.NIB and perhaps another $8.00 shipping...better hury tho' as they will go fast.

Good luck

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.a...68&Location=LA

I did notice the link i sent does NOT look like it is thrust vectoring & not the same paint job.....but still think it is the same airframe..weight/size etc.. a great price....plane did not receive GREAT reviews tho'
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Aug 14, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Thank BHCS for all the help getting my ESCs re-programmed on my 12channel F-22 raptor. Unfortunately I got out to the flying field and accidentally bumped the gear switch while it was on the ground Busted the nose gear and right main gear. The retract system on your website for my jet has been out of stock for a very very long time. Before you changed your website to the new one it said they would be back in late august. Can you find an ETA when you will receive them? Ive searched all over the internet and cant find the retracts anywere.
quickstickk is offline Find More Posts by quickstickk