SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:38 AM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
missing Parts

This is what parts I need . First pic is of missing bolt that holds the spinner on the prop shaft , Second pic is the pieces that connect the rudder to the rear wheel .
GSP is offline Find More Posts by GSP
Last edited by GSP; Aug 08, 2012 at 03:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
Differences on stock status between main site and beta site

This product shows in stock on the beta site but out of stock on the main site:

SKU: JT2149-05-ARF-thunderbird

And how can we get in-stock notifications on the original site. The beta site allows this, but since this shows as in stock, I cannot generate a notification.
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Last edited by mmatheny; Aug 07, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Missing Part for At-6 Texan

Hi! I received my order (bh18-236340) today and began assembling the plane. I am missing one of the nylon screws that is needed to attach the main wing. Page 6 of the instructions indicates that two different screws M4x25 and M4x15 are needed for each wing. I received two of the M4x25 but only one M4x15.

Please send ASAP the missing M4x15 nylon screw needed to attach a main wing to the fuselage. Note: the M4x15 is not 15mm - I measure it to be a little over 1 1/4 inches (sorry no metric ruler). The M4x15 must be a part number?

Thanks very much.

Order Number: bh18-236340
John Vogt
jwvogt01@gmail.com
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi mmatheny, unfortunately we currently have no date for when that item will be back in stock, and no we don't have in stock notifications on the current site which is why it was added to the new one which will be launching soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post
This product shows in stock on the beta site but out of stock on the main site:

SKU: JT2149-05-ARF-thunderbird

And how can we get in-stock notifications on the original site. The beta site allows this, but since this shows as in stock, I cannot generate a notification.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi LowSpeedStall, I am sorry to hear that and I apologize for the inconvenience, i have submitted a parts request for the missing screw to be sent to you. Once it ships you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
Hi! I received my order (bh18-236340) today and began assembling the plane. I am missing one of the nylon screws that is needed to attach the main wing. Page 6 of the instructions indicates that two different screws M4x25 and M4x15 are needed for each wing. I received two of the M4x25 but only one M4x15.

Please send ASAP the missing M4x15 nylon screw needed to attach a main wing to the fuselage. Note: the M4x15 is not 15mm - I measure it to be a little over 1 1/4 inches (sorry no metric ruler). The M4x15 must be a part number?

Thanks very much.

John Vogt
jwvogt01@gmail.com
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:16 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
W-t-f

Your company is one to be desired , you respond to other posts but not mine . You have pissed me off to no end .You sent me the main landing gear for the F4U that is worse off than the previous one , then you send me wrong parts for the Pitts . I want the right parts for my planes that I paid for . I will send other parts back . RESPOND .
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
I have emailed you your actual order number again as the one you provided is not correct, unfortunately as we aren't on rcg all day we can't always respond to all the post at the exact same time but we do respond the same day. Your post was responded to as soon as it was seen, we don't need the parts back but I do need a photo of the wrong part to make sure the correct one is sent the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
Your company is one to be desired , you respond to other posts but not mine . You have pissed me off to no end .You sent me the main landing gear for the F4U that is worse off than the previous one , then you send me wrong parts for the Pitts . I want the right parts for my planes that I paid for . I will send other parts back . RESPOND .
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:42 AM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Parts

If you look at post #631 you will see what parts is needed , The correct BOLT to hold the spinner on , and the pieces that go on the rudder to control the rear wheel steering ..
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined May 2006
135 Posts
This is how BH operates. Thia email was sent to me in response.to my defective parts nearly 2 months ago and still no results.

We apologize for the inconveniences that this may have caused you.We would like to inform you that a request for us to send you the replacement and/or missing part(s) was submitted. Unfortunately, the replacement parts that was submitted for item #2208 is currently unavailable to us at this time. However, we were informed by the manufacturer that a shipment should be available to us in 2 weeks with the part(s) that you need for your aircraft.Once the shipment is made available to us by the manufacturer, we will immediately finalize the request(s) and have the part(s) that you need to acquire be ship out to you. Once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
I requested photos of the parts received, I see the ones you posted already. Per our records the one sent were correct, so the photos are to confirm the incorrect ones were sent and use as a reference to make sure the correct ones are sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
If you look at post #631 you will see what parts is needed , The correct BOLT to hold the spinner on , and the pieces that go on the rudder to control the rear wheel steering ..
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Responded to your fb post as well, we can't find out anything without your order number, we've asked for it and you haven't answered. Please provide your order number so we may find out what's going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz22g View Post
This is how BH operates. Thia email was sent to me in response.to my defective parts nearly 2 months ago and still no results.

We apologize for the inconveniences that this may have caused you.We would like to inform you that a request for us to send you the replacement and/or missing part(s) was submitted. Unfortunately, the replacement parts that was submitted for item #2208 is currently unavailable to us at this time. However, we were informed by the manufacturer that a shipment should be available to us in 2 weeks with the part(s) that you need for your aircraft.Once the shipment is made available to us by the manufacturer, we will immediately finalize the request(s) and have the part(s) that you need to acquire be ship out to you. Once ship, a tracking number will be issued to you via email.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Parts

what do I have to do for the CORRECT parts , a song and dance . Just send the right parts that I am pointing out in the two pictures , is that so difficult .
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Misunderstood the Directions - Part Not Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi LowSpeedStall, I am sorry to hear that and I apologize for the inconvenience, i have submitted a parts request for the missing screw to be sent to you. Once it ships you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number.
It looks like I actually received spare screws and that the main wing section is already attached to the body. I thought the instructions were referring to the wing segments and the instructions were how to screw them onto the fuselage. Sorry for this but honestly the instructions leave a lot to be desired. It never actually has a step for screwing the wing segments into the main wing.

I will not be needing the screw. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Short Control Arm for Rudder on AT-6 Texan

Please see the pics below. In the first pic I have rotated the clevis on the control rod screws to move it towards the rudder control horn and even with it on the very last screw (it is literally about to fall off the control rod) the clevis is still short of the control horn. The second pic shows the servo configuration. It is angled slightly towards aft in the neutral position. When I actuate the control arm using the trasmitter, it's full length of travel only allows the clevis to just reach the control arm (again the clevis is about to fall off). This setup is unacceptable. I believe the plane was manufactured with an incorrect control rod.

The control rod for the elevator was installed perfectly. Without any adjustments the clevis aligns perfectly with the horn mounted on the elevator. The same precision is missing for the rudder controls.

Both control rods measure 16 3/4" or 425 mm approx. This is obviously a problem as the control horn on the rudder is 1 1/2 inches further aft than the elevator control horn. The servos are mounted in different locations as can be seen in the second pic so the missing length is approx 1" or 25mm. It looks like they installed a 425mm rod instead of a 450mm rod.

Please send me the correct control rod for actuating the rudder on the AT-6 Texan. I will try to replace the current one with the longer rod. Alternatively, please send a Return Authorization for either the fuselage or entire plane as this kit is defective.

Thanks very much.

John Vogt
jwvogt01@gmail.com
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI LowSpeedStall, I have disregarded the parts request for the nylon screw and submitted another for a 450MM Control Rod for the Rudder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
Please see the pics below. In the first pic I have rotated the clevis on the control rod screws to move it towards the rudder control horn and even with it on the very last screw (it is literally about to fall off the control rod) the clevis is still short of the control horn. The second pic shows the servo configuration. It is angled slightly towards aft in the neutral position. When I actuate the control arm using the trasmitter, it's full length of travel only allows the clevis to just reach the control arm (again the clevis is about to fall off). This setup is unacceptable. I believe the plane was manufactured with an incorrect control rod.

The control rod for the elevator was installed perfectly. Without any adjustments the clevis aligns perfectly with the horn mounted on the elevator. The same precision is missing for the rudder controls.

Both control rods measure 16 3/4" or 425 mm approx. This is obviously a problem as the control horn on the rudder is 1 1/2 inches further aft than the elevator control horn. The servos are mounted in different locations as can be seen in the second pic so the missing length is approx 1" or 25mm. It looks like they installed a 425mm rod instead of a 450mm rod.

Please send me the correct control rod for actuating the rudder on the AT-6 Texan. I will try to replace the current one with the longer rod. Alternatively, please send a Return Authorization for either the fuselage or entire plane as this kit is defective.

Thanks very much.

John Vogt
jwvogt01@gmail.com