HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi mdg76, I am sorry to hear that I have submitted a parts request for a replacement motor to be sent out to you, please allow 3-7 business days for it to be processed. Once it ships you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdg76 View Post
Hi folks. I am a proud owner of a new FMS 800mm A-1 Skyraider. I love the model. Unfortunately, on it's fifth flight the motor burned out. I put in a technical support request last week, but I have not gotten a reply. My order number was bh18-225738. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
I deleted post
GSP is offline Find More Posts by GSP
Last edited by GSP; Jul 21, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi GSP, i can search for the order number using the email address you provided on the order, phone number, address, or full name that's on the order? Please pm any details you have to me so I may find it, and it was unnecessary for you to jump to conclusions without even giving us a fair chance to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
Well , I guess I`ll have to bite the bullet on the parts , trust me I don`t want to . Due to our moving I do not know where the order number is at this time . So if I can`t get the parts THAT SHOULD have COME with the kit due to a friken number , I guess I should just chalk this up to a learning expeirience , and should have listened to all the bad reviews of BH. People where right in saying that BH will ship you a product , might not be the right one, or parts missing , and then just fluff you off . So now I have a Pitts Hybrid with missing parts and a Corsair with folding wing that hasen`t been unboxed yet , I don`t want to even know what that kit will look like . I should have gone with a repitable dealer like Glenn Torrance Models , that stands behind his products no matter what the case may be . As for " Hey Pilots" and his company , you can kiss my sweaty ass .
Last edited by Banana Hobby CSR; Jul 20, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Maybe I was wrong in jumping to conclussions , but it got your attention quickly . As for order number I dont know , shipping address is , Amtrak Radio Shop , 2 Frontage Road , Boston mass . 02127 If you want names I will email you them as the order was either in my name or someone I work with cant right remember .
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi GSP, I responded as soon as I saw your initial post, so I 'm not sure why you think the rant is what grabbed my attention. i try to respond the same day if possible, but unfortunately sometimes im not able to log in. I have pmed the order number ive found to you, please respond and confirm the parts so I may submit a parts request to have the missing parts sent to you. Also, have you had a chance to check the other plane yet? I've provided that order number to you as well

QUOTE=GSP;22220363]Maybe I was wrong in jumping to conclussions , but it got your attention quickly . As for order number I dont know , shipping address is , Amtrak Radio Shop , 2 Frontage Road , Boston mass . 02127 If you want names I will email you them as the order was either in my name or someone I work with cant right remember .[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
***UPDATE** I have found the email you sent and it actually was already responded to and a parts request submitted for the missing parts.

Quote:
Maybe I was wrong in jumping to conclussions , but it got your attention quickly . As for order number I dont know , shipping address is , Amtrak Radio Shop , 2 Frontage Road , Boston mass . 02127 If you want names I will email you them as the order was either in my name or someone I work with cant right remember .
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
Fly? Yes. Land? Not so much.
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi mdg76, I am sorry to hear that I have submitted a parts request for a replacement motor to be sent out to you, please allow 3-7 business days for it to be processed. Once it ships you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation as well as a tracking number
Thank you so much!!
mdg76 is offline Find More Posts by mdg76
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:19 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
F4u

Hey BHCSR ,I just opened the F4U kit , and did an inspection of the kit , all parts are here , I put the middle wing piece on the fuse and checked the gear . The right landing gear is towed way out , and the left gear door does not close . I need a new landing gear gear for the right side . Will take picture of gear if you need to see it .

Thanks
Last edited by GSP; Jul 24, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:01 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Bad wheel

This is a picture of the right landing gear towed out .
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi GSP, I've submitted a parts request for a replacement retract to be sent to you. Please allow 3-7 business days for processing and once it ships, you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation and a tracking number.

Quote:
Hey BHCSR ,I just opened the F4U kit , and did an inspection of the kit , all parts are here , I put the middle wing piece on the fuse and checked the gear . The right landing gear is towed way out , and the left gear door does not close . I need a new landing gear gear for the right side . Will take picture of gear if you need to see it .

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Thanks BHCSR , now thats what I call good service . And yes I will be a man about my one post , it was uncalled for , so I appologize for that . Can I get a hug , hahahaha . Thanks again for the promt service
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,341 Posts
kudos to Banna Hobby

Today I received my Banana Hobby 55" BlitzRCWorks J-3 Cub which I purchased new from a hobby shop member of this forum. Before attempting to assemble it, I had a few questions concerning procedure and compatibility with my radio gear. Also I wanted to learn if there were any areas of the plane in which problems might have been reported, so I could address them, now.

My call to Banana Hobby was picked up immediately and I was told very openly the few areas which have sometimes needed special attention. So I am very grateful to have bought their product and I want to share this good experience with other forum members.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Last edited by loNslo; Jul 27, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Dear banana hobby cs,
I placed this order way back in febuary for the giant twin 70mm YF-22 raptor, (bh18-204698). I tested all electronics before assembling the aircraft as stated in the paperwork sent in its package. Everything checked out good. However after assembly and balancing there has been a major issue with the ESCs that did not occur when I tested the electronics. Every time I apply throttle the ESCs make horrible squealling noises for a second or 2. This happens at every throttle position over 1/4 throttle. If the ESCs are bad and need to be swapped out, this would require me tearing apart the whole plane destroying the airframe, thus requiring a brand new one and I really dont want that to happen. I dont know what to do, its almost august and this bird still hasent flown and im extremly dissapointed. Help would be greatly appreciated cause I really want to get this beauty flying. Thank you.
quickstickk is offline Find More Posts by quickstickk
Last edited by quickstickk; Jul 28, 2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstickk View Post
Dear banana hobby cs,
I placed this order way back in febuary for the giant twin 70mm YF-22 raptor, (bh18-204698). I tested all electronics before assembling the aircraft as stated in the paperwork sent in its package. Everything checked out good. However after assembly and balancing there has been a major issue with the ESCs that did not occur when I tested the electronics. Every time I apply throttle the ESCs make horrible squealling noises for a second or 2. This happens at every throttle position over 1/4 throttle. If the ESCs are bad and need to be swapped out, this would require me tearing apart the whole plane destroying the airframe, thus requiring a brand new one and I really dont want that to happen. I dont know what to do, its almost august and this bird still hasent flown and im extremly dissapointed. Help would be greatly appreciated cause I really want to get this beauty flying. Thank you.
Is this airplane built to not be serviceable? One always builds with the idea in mind that the electronics may need to be replaced.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
It sounds like the timing is to high on your ESC's. You'll need some programming instructions.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker