SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyclone View Post
Dear Banana hobby,

The wings did not fit the fuselage I purchased from you. There was an half of inch gap at the wing root and fuselage. See photos. This problem was also reported in the 1600mm P-51 build report forum at RCgroups.com. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...77310&page=175 I would like report back to the group at we can purchase wing sets from Banana Hobby.

Thanks,

Ty
Hi Bailey,

My order number is bh18-166613

Thanks,

Ty
Tyclone is offline Find More Posts by Tyclone
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi, I see that you were emailed advice on installing the wings via email on 9/22, did you not receive it or did it not work for you?

Quote:
Hi Bailey,

My order number is bh18-166613

Thanks,

Ty
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Sep 24, 2011, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi, I see that you were emailed advice on installing the wings via email on 9/22, did you not receive it or did it not work for you?
No, Mr. Bailey the email did not help. THE WINGS DO NOT FIT. I have been building RC Planes for the last 30 years. When I started in this hobby, and you bought a new airplane it was just a box of sticks. I already own a BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz Oversize Dago Red P51D Mustang, which I bought from Banana Hobby. So, I know how to put this model together. The wings are wrong, they do not fit either of the fuselages I bought from Banana Hobby. Banana Hobby needs to make this right.

IMG 0081 (1 min 7 sec)
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
It's Miss. Bailey, and okay I will have a tech review the video and see what I can do for you.

Quote:
No, Mr. Bailey the email did not help. THE WINGS DO NOT FIT. I have been building RC Planes for the last 30 years. When I started in this hobby, and you bought a new airplane it was just a box of sticks. I already own a BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHz Oversize Dago Red P51D Mustang, which I bought from Banana Hobby. So, I know how to put this model together. The wings are wrong, they do not fit either of the fuselages I bought from Banana Hobby. Banana Hobby needs to make this right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heu1cG9BDfw
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:58 PM
I glow in the dark!
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2011
77 Posts
I ordered two jet kits from Banana Hobby, took 3 days before you guys contacted me and told me that one was not available and cancelled BOTH kits. I wanted those kits by this weekend for my friends birthday. Now in order for me to get the one kit you do have in stock (you STILL show the other kit as in stock on your website) in time for my friends birthday I have to pay $50 to make up for your companies failure to act. I contact customer service and was basically told "oh well". I copied the entire conversation and I emailed it to customer service and still have heard nothing. is this how Banana Hobby operates?
Order Number bh18-170352
Jay R. is offline Find More Posts by Jay R.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
It's Miss. Bailey, and okay I will have a tech review the video and see what I can do for you.
Miss Bailey, I am still waiting for an answer.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Pete,
Have you seen the new pictures I posted of the hinges?("F9F Question" post) I am waiting to start building until I hear from you, since your "go-ahead" was based on the hinges not being there..
Thanks,
Tom
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:05 PM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Pete,
I got your reply in the F9F Question post and posted a reply.
Thanks,
Tom
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Tyclone, I apologize for the wait but we have not had a tech present to review the video, I am trying to get this taken care of for you.
Quote:
Miss Bailey, I am still waiting for an answer.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:10 AM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
Baliey,
No offense intended, but I wish to say thank you for solidifying my original opinion of BH.

My family will not spend another hard earned dollar with BH.

I took care of the problem I originally had with my A10 by installing 3rd party servoless retracts and modifying the airframe to fit them.

When the airframe is no longer flyable from normal wear and tear it will not be replaced.

Have a great weekend.
rovpilot26 is online now Find More Posts by rovpilot26
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
Bailey,

I realize you're very busy, but I would like to know where we stand on my defective motor.

Order # bh18-169179

Thanks
gunslinger7186 is offline Find More Posts by gunslinger7186
Old Oct 05, 2011, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Hi Tyclone, I apologize for the wait but we have not had a tech present to review the video, I am trying to get this taken care of for you.
Miss Bailey,

Is there anybody there? I have had no answer from Banana Hobby.

Thanks
Old Oct 06, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI gunslinger7186, I apologize for that I've been out sick, the Kits are not suppose to come with motors but since you did receive one I will go ahead and submit a request for a replacement to be shipped out to you. You should receive email confirmation in a moment that it's been added to the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger7186 View Post
Bailey,

I realize you're very busy, but I would like to know where we stand on my defective motor.

Order # bh18-169179

Thanks
Old Oct 06, 2011, 04:29 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Tyclone, you should receive a response from Pete by the end of the day.

Quote:
Miss Bailey,

Is there anybody there? I have had no answer from Banana Hobby.

Thanks
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Well, this should come as a shock to some of you. I ordered the A-1 Skyraider from BH. It came in within expected times and in good order. Everything worked out of the box. Beautiful big plane, which I flew succsessfully 3 times. The fourth time, I crashed due to my own mistake. I broke the fuselage completely in two right at the end of the cowling. It also broke the aluminum Prop adapter. Darn, must be the fault of BH, not! So, I ordered another fuselage. It also came in with no issues other than, I didn't ask if the prop adapter was included. I DIDN"T ASK!! BH DIDN"T FAIL TO TELL ME. I needed this prop adapter in order to fly. I went on the csr chat service. Through emails and chatting, they told me how much and also the shipping details. Anyways, I really needed this but was unsure of when I could order it due to the funds, even though it wasn't that much. Anyways, yesterday a package arrived at my door. "What's this? I didn't order anything?" I opened it up and voila, the prop adapter. They sent it to me anyways. They knew I needed it, it wasn't their mistake, and they sent it anyways. I can now fly my big a-1 skyraider. Thank you to Banana Hobby, Bailey and all who were responsible for this. It was only small, but made a big impact on me. Things can happen, I know that. When a plane comes in wrong or damaged, I get it, it sucks. But if your toy plane's problems are your biggest worry, you're having a good day.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER