HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_michael View Post
I'd be happy if they offered me a refund of the shipping I paid and I'd attempt the fix myself. However I don't want to just accept it like it is without some type of Customer Service exchange to make it worth my while.
Sounds very reasonable and fair. I wonder if BH can do insured shipping to ease the hassles of issues such as these.
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi The Huff, unfortunately tech isn't available over the phone but through email, but if you provide your order number I can have someone call you. i apologize for the late response, I've been out, please let me know if you still need help so I can get this resolved for you asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huff View Post
I purchased my AT-6 from BH about a month ago. One aileron servo did
not work out of the box. I replaced both aileron servos with Eflite servos.
The vertical stabilizer/rudder assy is warped to the right and has a camber to it.
It requires significant left rudder trim and also aileron trim to get this model to track straight.
The right retract mechanism failed after two flight in the retracted position. It will
not budge. Finally, the paint is peeling off like crazy.
This is my first Banana Hobby purchase and I am so disappointed. It is impossible to speak
with someone in technical support as they will not answer calls. Heck, even the operator does not answer.
I emailed pictures to them. Wonder if I'll ever see replacement parts ?

I doubt I will be a repeat customer.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi hunter_michael, I'm sorry that you received your order damaged, i have submitted a parts request for a replacement fuselage to be sent to you, please allow 3-7 business days for this request to be processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_michael View Post
Just got my Cessna 182 from UPS minutes ago and opened it up and the tail section was broken (bent up and split on the foam). Pictures attached. Order # bh18-226717.

Requesting BH support for replacement & instructions.

Thanks,

Mike

Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, AL, Fairhope
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi hunter_michael, I'm sorry that you received your order damaged, i have submitted a parts request for a replacement fuselage to be sent to you, please allow 3-7 business days for this request to be processed.
Thanks.
hunter_michael is offline Find More Posts by hunter_michael
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Did the little one break it?

No daddy I didnt break the plane ....mommy daddys plane is broken ....

Ahhhh sunflower coloring they grow up sooooooooooo fast ..... memorys thanks for posting sorry about the plane ....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ...... This Sunday you will RULE ...
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, AL, Fairhope
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Funny!! She's 3 and really could care less about my planes but the coloring... better watch out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
No daddy I didnt break the plane ....mommy daddys plane is broken ....

Ahhhh sunflower coloring they grow up sooooooooooo fast ..... memorys thanks for posting sorry about the plane ....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ...... This Sunday you will RULE ...
hunter_michael is offline Find More Posts by hunter_michael
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined May 2006
135 Posts
Bailey.. Where are my parts ? It has been over a week since email stating the parts missing and damaged would be sent to me. It has been a month since first attempt at contacting BH with this issue.
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined May 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Yes and all of the parts you were having issues with are being replaced, also feel free to visit us Sir, but just make sure you make an appointment first as you won't be able to access the building without an appointment number.
Your whole company is a scam. This is the email I received 2 weeks ago and I have not received a single item.. I don't need an appointment, just need to be able to bump into you on the way out and when I do I'm getting my $299 worth.

**Replacement ESC for STOCK 1 0.00
Item 2208-BJ 5.25.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
USPS Tracking Number: -
**Replacement Propeller STOCK 1 0.00
Hub for Item 2208-BJ
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Hardware for STOCK 1 0.00
the Tail Wheel for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
**Missing Control Horns STOCK 3 0.00
W/ Backplates for Item
2208-BJ 5.30.12
(Will ship in 4-7 days)
rz22g is offline Find More Posts by rz22g
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Thanks Banana

For the FW 190 the minor bugs have been resolved the plane flys great along with the last 7 I ordered is there any way you can drop the price of your batterys?
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Greetings rz22g,

May I have your order# so I can check on that for you? Thank you. -Sebastian
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi JohnnyCrash NYC, unfortunately I can not, but I can definitely let them know that customers are requesting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
For the FW 190 the minor bugs have been resolved the plane flys great along with the last 7 I ordered is there any way you can drop the price of your batterys?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:34 AM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Art Tech 500 size AT-6 Texan Order

Just a quick note about my recent purchase from your online store. I was somewhat concerned after reading some posts and also knowing the plane would be shipped USPS, but thought I'd give your business a try and order this plane as a fathers day gift. In my order note I added "please make sure the plane is complete and well packed as this is a gift".

Well I received the plane last week in good condtion, alittle shipping damage to
the end of the fuselage probably from being bumped around on it's long trip to Ontario, Canada. No big deal, I've had this type of minor damage purchasing from a store directly and repaired myself no problem. Other than that all is well and the Texan is ready for pre-flight setup.

Thanks so much for making sure I received a good product and for the very good international shipping. The Texan was a great success on fathers day!

Just one question - I noticed in your airplane parts section of the website there is no listing for spare/replacement parts for this plane, do you plan on stocking any in the near future? A few spare props and a few other parts would be nice to have on hand.

Thanks again for a good online shopping experience. Will definitely use your business again.

Sincerely,

P. Michael Bingham
Keswick, Ontario
CANADA
solarpwrd is offline Find More Posts by solarpwrd
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
22 Posts
I will not go into a long play by play narrative of the conversations that I have had with four different people at BH as of today. I spoke with your customer service operator and asked for a call-back from someone in customer service who will bring final resolution to this matter. She has my number so please return my call and tell me that you are going to send the replacement parts that I have documented with BH with photos. If not, I'd like to return the model and have my payment refunded. It's just sitting in the corner collecting dust. Thank you.
The Huff is offline Find More Posts by The Huff
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpwrd View Post
Just a quick note about my recent purchase from your online store. I was somewhat concerned after reading some posts and also knowing the plane would be shipped USPS, but thought I'd give your business a try and order this plane as a fathers day gift. In my order note I added "please make sure the plane is complete and well packed as this is a gift".

Well I received the plane last week in good condtion, alittle shipping damage to
the end of the fuselage probably from being bumped around on it's long trip to Ontario, Canada. No big deal, I've had this type of minor damage purchasing from a store directly and repaired myself no problem. Other than that all is well and the Texan is ready for pre-flight setup.

Thanks so much for making sure I received a good product and for the very good international shipping. The Texan was a great success on fathers day!

Just one question - I noticed in your airplane parts section of the website there is no listing for spare/replacement parts for this plane, do you plan on stocking any in the near future? A few spare props and a few other parts would be nice to have on hand.

Thanks again for a good online shopping experience. Will definitely use your business again.

Sincerely,

P. Michael Bingham
Keswick, Ontario
CANADA
solarpwrd - Looks like you ordered the same AT-6 that I did. I hope all of the
servos and retracts function correctly. I am glad that you had no defects in your
airframe.
Thanks for mentioning parts support going forward. It is a concern of mine also.

By the way, I received an email from Corisa in customer service and they are
going to make good on the parts the were defective on the AT-6 that I received.
I sure wish they would make the process of getting an issue with an order less
"painful". One phone conversation with the right person can resolve a problem
in minutes. Multiple emails and days/weeks of delays would be totally unacceptable
in the business that I am in. My customers would literally "freak out" ...
The Huff is offline Find More Posts by The Huff