SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:06 PM
Louisiana
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
the thing is, this exact thing has been going on for years...same story just a different day.
bass man is offline Find More Posts by bass man
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Hi guys kinda new here. To the Banana Hobby reps here, Bailey maybe, lol, I ordered the a1 skyraider. NICE PLANE! I crashed it. NICE PLANE! Anyways, I received my replacement fuselage but no motor shaft and when on the online chat, no one could give me an answer. That's ok. I thought I'd try this. I don't want to have to go to a local machine shop to get one made so hopefully one of you guys could help me? My hope will continue. Its just that the plane is useless without a way to fasten the prop to the motor.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi RGS2010, unfortunately I'm not able to add anything to it, but I did go to the warehouse to make sure the parts were shipped out asap, you should receive the tracking within the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
CSR,

It would have been nice to have been informed on the 13th that this was the case instead of waiting until now.

Be that as it may, please switch my order to Red Viper version, I will just paint the part I need.

Thanks,

Russ

P.S. Throw in a nose cone and we'll call it even!
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
UPS now has the shipment will be here Thursday. For what i paid i do not expect that much. I am getting 3 rtf and 2 airframes for the price i paid for one 8 years ago. I expect there to be a few problems and plan to go threw the each acft carefully. Really not BH issue it is the manufacture and it is from china, and i paid china prices so i expect china quality. If i paid 500 for one acft then i would want something really rtf. I paid about $35 for a tx/rx if i did not expect problems i would pay $400 for a futaba. I will prob crash the crap out of these getting back into the hobby then once i get the hang of it again spend twice what i did for something that many expect for $150.

" You don't find bad glue joints, weak servos, bad clevises, weak landing gear, overheating motors and on an on, until a couple of short flights and careful inspection upon landing."

tbaus100 hit the nail on the head and for the price of > $50 for a airframe i can crash the crap out of them. Before it cost $300 and 2 weeks min to build.

"You get what you pay for EOS"

As for BH well if you sell made in china well you are going to sell high volume and have high return rates. It is hard for a company to RMA high volumes and requires many employees. You don't expect Lexus - Mercedes service when buying a Hyundai.

There will always be customers that you cannot make happy!!
Even Bentleys break. Don't that piss off the millionaires
curtismold is offline Find More Posts by curtismold
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Paralyzer, may I have your order number please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Hi guys kinda new here. To the Banana Hobby reps here, Bailey maybe, lol, I ordered the a1 skyraider. NICE PLANE! I crashed it. NICE PLANE! Anyways, I received my replacement fuselage but no motor shaft and when on the online chat, no one could give me an answer. That's ok. I thought I'd try this. I don't want to have to go to a local machine shop to get one made so hopefully one of you guys could help me? My hope will continue. Its just that the plane is useless without a way to fasten the prop to the motor.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
Bailey I sincerely hope you are able to make a difference as far as customer support at BH goes.

My wife ordered me a BlitzRCworks 41"WS A10 for Christmas. I had three flights with it and the left landing gear decided to stop working as I was bringing it in to land. The gear was sticking half way through cycle and ended up burning the servo out.

I sent numerous emails and made quite a few phone calls to BH. In the end nothing was done to remedy the problem with the defective mechanical retract.

My plane has been hanging in the garage untouched since January.

I love the little plane and decided to order a set of changesun servoless retracts this morning.
rovpilot26 is online now Find More Posts by rovpilot26
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Hi Banana Hobby, my order # was bh18-167311. Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Paralyzer, I have submitted a parts request for the prop adapter to be sent to you, please allow 3-7 business days for the parts request to be processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Hi Banana Hobby, my order # was bh18-167311. Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Rovpilot, I am doing my best to help, I am sorry to hear about your plane. Would you happen to have the item number jso I can review the order and find out what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
Bailey I sincerely hope you are able to make a difference as far as customer support at BH goes.

My wife ordered me a BlitzRCworks 41"WS A10 for Christmas. I had three flights with it and the left landing gear decided to stop working as I was bringing it in to land. The gear was sticking half way through cycle and ended up burning the servo out.

I sent numerous emails and made quite a few phone calls to BH. In the end nothing was done to remedy the problem with the defective mechanical retract.

My plane has been hanging in the garage untouched since January.

I love the little plane and decided to order a set of changesun servoless retracts this morning.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Thanks Bailey. I appreciate it.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:53 PM
www.scaleflying.com
Humble, Texas
Joined May 2009
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi Rovpilot, I am doing my best to help, I am sorry to hear about your plane. Would you happen to have the item number jso I can review the order and find out what happened?
Thank you for looking into this for me Bailey
rovpilot26 is online now Find More Posts by rovpilot26
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:52 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
wrong wing set for 1600mm P-51

Dear Banana hobby,

The wings did not fit the fuselage I purchased from you. There was an half of inch gap at the wing root and fuselage. See photos. This problem was also reported in the 1600mm P-51 build report forum at RCgroups.com. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...77310&page=175 I would like report back to the group at we can purchase wing sets from Banana Hobby.

Thanks,

Ty
Tyclone is offline Find More Posts by Tyclone
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:01 PM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Pete and Bailey, found your reply in the thread I created "F9F Panther question", by surprise today. I thought the answer would show up here or in my email. No worries. I replied back in that same thread.Thanks..
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Tyclone, may I have your order number please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyclone View Post
Dear Banana hobby,

The wings did not fit the fuselage I purchased from you. There was an half of inch gap at the wing root and fuselage. See photos. This problem was also reported in the 1600mm P-51 build report forum at RCgroups.com. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...77310&page=175 I would like report back to the group at we can purchase wing sets from Banana Hobby.

Thanks,

Ty
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
United States, TX, Georgetown
Joined Sep 2011
46 Posts
Hi Pete,
I used a different camera and uploaded new pics to the "F9F Panther Question" thread. Thanks again,
Tom
tbaus100 is offline Find More Posts by tbaus100