SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI mstopps, please provide your order number so I may help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstopps View Post
I recieved my first order from bh the other day and it was missing one thing, not the part I ordered on another item, and one defective item. I can understand they will have some defective stuff but why no packing list. I have never ordered anything online that doesnt come with a packing list of some kind that shows whats in the shipment and I assume if they did have one the shipping department would have a check list to go by. This is my first post but I read a little of this forum and it seems there are a lot of missing or incorrect items. Also yes the processing time is super slow. I ordered with ups ground and it didnt come for like two weeks or more.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi jrflyboyvp2, a phone rep will be calling you regarding your order first thing in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflyboyvp2 View Post
Help, I can't seem to be able to contact customer support. when I call I recieve a message that the wait could be over an hour. I only have cell phone, no landline. I have been trying to get a "prop set" for the Pitts Hybred 3d now for over a month. I ordered it back in early Jan Order # bh18-198676 and only recieved 2 spare blades. The "prop Set" as shown in the back of the instruction manual page 9 shows the 3 blades, prop hub, and spinner. Since the individual blades are bolted into a nylon hub, spare blades are useless if the hub is cracked as mine is. I sent an email the day my 2 blades arrived, and also engaged cust support through live chat for over 3 hours. They could not resolve the issue and said they would get back to me. that was over 3 weeks ago. I love the airplane, it flys awsome has loads of power and looks great, but it is worthless without a propeller. At the very least does someone know what size length/pitch propeller would work on it. the manual and bananna hobby site do not list the motor size, prop size or ESC max current, so I don't know where to begin other than the 3 blade has a measured diameter of 17inches, looks like a 17x8 or something like that.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
HI mstopps, please provide your order number so I may help you?
I actually already spoke with a phone rep and I'm waiting for my replacement shipment but I just thought I would share my experience with others and let you folks at BH know how silly I think it is that you dont even have a packing list. Maybe you should have taken advice from the very first poster in this thread and you guys would have happier customers and save yourselves money.
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
okay thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstopps View Post
I actually already spoke with a phone rep and I'm waiting for my replacement shipment but I just thought I would share my experience with others and let you folks at BH know how silly I think it is that you dont even have a packing list. Maybe you should have taken advice from the very first poster in this thread and you guys would have happier customers and save yourselves money.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2008
37 Posts
I will be nice !!!!

Dear Banana Hobby CSR,
I just recieved my Plane Order #bh18-204931.It is the Gun Fighter 63" Mustang. I recieved is quickly and it had no shipping damage, (It did have some minor packing damage). After I assebled it, I tested the motor. Upon running up the motor, at the lowest throttle setting, the motor clunks(cycles). It seems to be fine at higher setting. I check and tried another battery. I also tried my other Transmitter. Still the motor clunks. I believe this is a bad ESC. The ESC is a TopFire 80A. Could you send me a new replacement one ???? Or contact me for further information.
Thanks
Rick
mrstude is offline Find More Posts by mrstude
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Feb 2008
37 Posts
While I am at it !!!!!

Dear Banana Hobby,
I have a friend (who is not very happy). His order number is bh18-164795. His plane is the P-47 63". He also has a Motor, ESC issue. He has contacted your support and 5 weeks and 9 phone calls later, They sent him a "New" Motor and ESC. The motor has a very loose lower bearing and the wires are chaffed(damaged). It looks like a used motor. The ESC is 60A instead of 80A. Would you please look into his concerns. Jim is a really good guy and just wants to be able to fly his plane !!!!
Thanks again
Rick
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
mrstude

I'd strongly advise you and your friend to get another plane from somewhere else if you want some flying time this summer - you'll still be sorting this one out next autumn!

Read this lot.

Apart from the hundreds and hundreds of posts on this and other sites from people at their wits end dealing with Banana, read this reply I gave yesterday on another thread.

Their answering service is bad, their delivery is bad, their products often arrive with missing parts or broken, their after sales service is worse than bad - those missing parts will probably take months to arrive, and then will likely be the wrong ones. All the foregoing can be read post after post on this forum alone.

Below is a previous post I made months ago - NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE!

I trust you placed your order without seeing my earlier post.

Sorting this will take a chunk of time out of your life and keep your blood pressure up for sure.

Go into battle with them (that's the only way you stand any chance whatsoever) knowing it's going to be tough, then you will lose less sleep as the aggro develops.

This is my earlier post:

Thank god I know of Banana's reputation or I could have become another of their 'Victims'.

Everything you need to know before dealing with this poor excuse for a business is summed up by the reply to steve1814's question - I'd like to order this, but would like to know if it is "in-stock". THEY REPLIED WITH AN ANSWER IN UNDER 12 HOURS!!!!!!
Now contrast this with the literally hundreds of posts on the web where customers cannot get a reply in MONTHS!!!!!

A typical rip-off merchant - eager to help before you buy and couldn't give a damn after you have bought it.

This is all such a great pity as they advertise some cracking planes ( which never seem to arrive complete or in one piece.)

I don't know the owner - is he a likeable incompetent who shouldn't be running a tea stall alone a trading company, or is he a sharp practise con merchant who should be disbarred from trading?

I don't know how it works in the USA with your BBB, but in the UK, they would have so many CCJ's (County Court Judgements), the sheer weight of costs and compensation would have put a small company like this out of business.

Anyone who reads these forums and buys from Banana has no right to complain on any forum when it goes T**Ts UP for them.

Every now and again a guy called Pete (who say's he is not the owner) comes on this forum to say he is sorry for the c**p service but he is about to sort things out. He never does and never will unless the current management ALL go and they get someone to run the place like a proper business.
howcar is offline Find More Posts by howcar
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Feb 2008
37 Posts
could be

While I also have seen many reports where Banana Hobby has not responded to there customer's needs, Bashing them in publicly, is not likely going to get anyone anywhere.
Don't get me wrong, I am not defending them. I too am frustrated by the exesting situations. I just feel being nice will get you furthur.
After all, Banana Hobby does not make these planes. they are the distributor of them.
So far I have had one order that was out of stock and this plane that has a ESC issue. Banana handled the out of stock issue and refunded my money in 4 days. Not bad. I This plane has a bad ESC, I will give them a chance to remedy the problem first. They seem to run hot and cold with their assistance. I truley hope they can find an answer to their service issues. They have some killer products !!!!!
Keep at them, But .... Be Nice !!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
Be nice by all means, but that alone probably won't get you anywhere, as hundreds of previous posts have demonstrated.

What you do need is DOGGED UNRELENTING PERSISTANCE.
Though even that will not help if they don't bother replying to you.

If I were in your position I would also be nice (it generally gets results, together with persistance), BUT - I am not in your position so have the luxury of being able to say it as it is, without giving a monkeys whether they like it or not!

Maybe they will see these posts and sort you out quickly just to prove me wrong - it certainly won't be because that's their normal standard of service.

Good luck with this.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI mrstude, thanks for providing the order number, I am having a phone csr call him within the hour so we may help him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstude View Post
Dear Banana Hobby,
I have a friend (who is not very happy). His order number is bh18-164795. His plane is the P-47 63". He also has a Motor, ESC issue. He has contacted your support and 5 weeks and 9 phone calls later, They sent him a "New" Motor and ESC. The motor has a very loose lower bearing and the wires are chaffed(damaged). It looks like a used motor. The ESC is 60A instead of 80A. Would you please look into his concerns. Jim is a really good guy and just wants to be able to fly his plane !!!!
Thanks again
Rick
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
tractorman
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Problem with A-1 Skyraider

Bailey, I have called and sent several emails thru the support section of the Banana Hobby website and have not been contacted back by anyone. I bought an A-1 Skyraider that either had the wrong prop adaptor or wrong prop. The prop was out of balance and the plane shook violently. I called over there and was told to put tape on the prop adaptor which I did. I couldn't understand why after spending $310 for a plane I had to put tape on it to make it fly. However, I did put the tape on it and it made no difference, it still vibrated. I flew the plane and the whole nose piece from the engine forward broke smooth off. When the remainder of the plane hit the ground the main wing support broke as well. What I am requesting is a replacement fuselage with prop along with the proper adaptor, and the main wing support. This makes about 6 times now that I have contacted Banana Hobby with no reply.
rbryan51 is offline Find More Posts by rbryan51
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi rbryan, I think you emailed me today per my personal email? I just answered it a few minutes ago, a rep is going to contact you and we're finding out what we can do regarding parts right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan51 View Post
Bailey, I have called and sent several emails thru the support section of the Banana Hobby website and have not been contacted back by anyone. I bought an A-1 Skyraider that either had the wrong prop adaptor or wrong prop. The prop was out of balance and the plane shook violently. I called over there and was told to put tape on the prop adaptor which I did. I couldn't understand why after spending $310 for a plane I had to put tape on it to make it fly. However, I did put the tape on it and it made no difference, it still vibrated. I flew the plane and the whole nose piece from the engine forward broke smooth off. When the remainder of the plane hit the ground the main wing support broke as well. What I am requesting is a replacement fuselage with prop along with the proper adaptor, and the main wing support. This makes about 6 times now that I have contacted Banana Hobby with no reply.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by howcar View Post
maybe they will see these posts and sort you out quickly just to prove me wrong - it certainly won't be because that's their normal standard of service.

I TOLD YOU SO!

Since I made my post,( and a similar one on the same day, on another thread), Banana has suddenly made 3 seperate offers of help to 3seperate people on this forum. It's a pity they needed to be shamed into action.

I will continue doing this until they stop treating my fellow flyers like dirt.
Last edited by howcar; Mar 06, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Yup it is all because of you, not like they haven't always done this on the forums.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
Landiin

Yup, thanks for acknowledging that!
Normally, Banana MAY decide to respond a few weeks later - in these 3 separate complaints they managed to respond within hours of my posts.

Don’t try defending their indefensible behaviour, particularly when it so badly affects our flying community.

YOU SAID to sfactor1 in post #17:
Maybe English isn't your first language? Maybe you don't have good reading comprehension? I don't know what it is but something is wrong with you.

I have never before commented on other poster’s typos, grammar, spelling or punctuation – but after your above comment, which is in poor taste, I will make an exception just for you :-

THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR CLANGERS:

1. Oh I've had to contact them but it went smooth for me (Like I stated).

Correct version=
Oh I've had to contact them but it went smoothLY for me (like I stated).

2. Most of the times you see these types of post the person contacting CS gets all belligerent and well I to would start ignoring them at that point.

Correct version=
Most of the times THAT you see these types of post, the person contacting CS gets all belligerent and xxx I too would start ignoring them at that point

3. am just basing my option off what they posted

Correct version=
am just basing my opinion on what they posted

4. First off we are not in court big fella so I don't know where that came from.

Correct version=
First off we are not in court big fella, so I don't know where that came from.

5. Please explain how them statements are contradicting with in the entirety of my post? ?!?!?!?!

I’m not even going to attempt to interpret this nonsense sentence – it’s appalling.

And that lot is in just two short posts - WOW!

TEACHERS REPORT

4/10
Must try harder.
Suggest less flying, more reading.
Last edited by howcar; Mar 07, 2012 at 05:18 PM.