HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:45 AM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
I got two words for Banana Hobby...ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
There is NO WAY to justify making a customer wait a month to get a simple order shipped to him only to find out he has been given USED PARTS!! How can you, Pete, as the public face of this company stand by this policy and see what you see in these forums and hear what you hear in the RC community and not put your foot down and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! If BH has any intention of salvaging a well deserved, severly tarnished reputation, they are going about it ALL WRONG!
I have ordered from BH one time and had no issues but it appears I am in a very slim minority. I will make no further purchases from BH until the majority of posts about them are positive and this Q&A thread is all but vacant...
Just my thoughts.
DejaD is offline Find More Posts by DejaD
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,609 Posts
DAMAGE -order bh18-197354

Hello-

I just received my BIG 1700mm FMS P51 (last night).....the box arrived in perfect shape, the plane in general is in great shape....only one issue...the pilot and seat came loose in the canopy and it broke the dash components and damaged the foam inside.

I have included photos for your claim process. Please advise.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, LA, Winnfield
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
Very mad

Well I guess I will add in here.Banana Hobby I received my order the A-10 and one of the servo's only works one way,IT IS BAD.
Here is my info>>

Order Date:

02/01/2012

Order Number:

bh18-201178

If you are looking at the jet from the back,its the servo on the right fin that's BAD!!!
It will move from the center to LEFT but WILL NOT MOVE TO THE RIGHT.
Could you please send a replacement??????
Tom
deadaim57 is offline Find More Posts by deadaim57
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi godofthunder, I have submitted a parts request for a replacement to be sent to you, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Hello,

order bh18-201901 from bananahobby.com

I received the wrong landing gear. The nose wheel that I received was the from what I can tell is for the A-10, but I need the nose wheel from the F-18 Super hornet. Please see picture of what was sent. Please send nose wheel retract from the F-18 Item number 2162. Thank you
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI kydawg1, I see that Nancy is assisting you with this, you should be receiving word from her very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
DAMAGE -order bh18-197354

Hello-

I just received my BIG 1700mm FMS P51 (last night).....the box arrived in perfect shape, the plane in general is in great shape....only one issue...the pilot and seat came loose in the canopy and it broke the dash components and damaged the foam inside.

I have included photos for your claim process. Please advise.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Sky Surfer Design and parts availability

I did a simple loop and the wings failed?? AND you have none in stock?
Can you help with why it may have failed and when spares will be available?
This was my Winter plane since it easily takes off from snowy ground and flys great but......

Thanks

Bob Kleinman

IMG_0473

Name: IMG_0477 - Copy.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 188.1 KB
Description:

IMG_0476
boklus is offline Find More Posts by boklus
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1 Posts
I have purchase Colco Apache last week. It has bad charging adapter. I tried contacting Banana Hobby via webpage on their site and no response after second attempt. Please replace my charger.
Salim from Tomball, TX
salimm786 is offline Find More Posts by salimm786
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
instructions and missing pieces

Hello I have a problem with my order I received my p51 mustang dago red today it looked great but your instructions are no good it doesn't tell you anything just shows pictures. I'm not sure how to wire it all together. Can you email me a video of how to do it or something. And also I'm missing my pilot figure and half of my hard ware. Can you please send me more hardware and my figure. Thanks for your time Bobby

Order number bh18-204437
bobby c is offline Find More Posts by bobby c
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Imperious Bloviator
United States, GA, Milner
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
As Banana Hobby has grown, we never strive to reach the best in assisting you with the quality and knowledgeable assistance you deserve.
Hmmm...
Lesmambo is offline Find More Posts by Lesmambo
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:16 AM View Post
bobby c
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while bobby c edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
Incomplete order not resolved

Help, I can't seem to be able to contact customer support. when I call I recieve a message that the wait could be over an hour. I only have cell phone, no landline. I have been trying to get a "prop set" for the Pitts Hybred 3d now for over a month. I ordered it back in early Jan Order # bh18-198676 and only recieved 2 spare blades. The "prop Set" as shown in the back of the instruction manual page 9 shows the 3 blades, prop hub, and spinner. Since the individual blades are bolted into a nylon hub, spare blades are useless if the hub is cracked as mine is. I sent an email the day my 2 blades arrived, and also engaged cust support through live chat for over 3 hours. They could not resolve the issue and said they would get back to me. that was over 3 weeks ago. I love the airplane, it flys awsome has loads of power and looks great, but it is worthless without a propeller. At the very least does someone know what size length/pitch propeller would work on it. the manual and bananna hobby site do not list the motor size, prop size or ESC max current, so I don't know where to begin other than the 3 blade has a measured diameter of 17inches, looks like a 17x8 or something like that.
jrflyboyvp2 is offline Find More Posts by jrflyboyvp2
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
I recieved my first order from bh the other day and it was missing one thing, not the part I ordered on another item, and one defective item. I can understand they will have some defective stuff but why no packing list. I have never ordered anything online that doesnt come with a packing list of some kind that shows whats in the shipment and I assume if they did have one the shipping department would have a check list to go by. This is my first post but I read a little of this forum and it seems there are a lot of missing or incorrect items. Also yes the processing time is super slow. I ordered with ups ground and it didnt come for like two weeks or more.
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi boklus, may I have your order number please so I may assist you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boklus View Post
I did a simple loop and the wings failed?? AND you have none in stock?
Can you help with why it may have failed and when spares will be available?
This was my Winter plane since it easily takes off from snowy ground and flys great but......

Thanks

Bob Kleinman

Attachment 4653889

Attachment 4653890

Attachment 4653891
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI salimm, please provide the order number so I may check to see if I can replace that charger for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimm786 View Post
I have purchase Colco Apache last week. It has bad charging adapter. I tried contacting Banana Hobby via webpage on their site and no response after second attempt. Please replace my charger.
Salim from Tomball, TX
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi bobby, which hardware are you missing? And unfortunately we don't have videos on how to wire it, but i can email you which servos plug is where if you havent been able to connect them yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby c View Post
Hello I have a problem with my order I received my p51 mustang dago red today it looked great but your instructions are no good it doesn't tell you anything just shows pictures. I'm not sure how to wire it all together. Can you email me a video of how to do it or something. And also I'm missing my pilot figure and half of my hard ware. Can you please send me more hardware and my figure. Thanks for your time Bobby

Order number bh18-204437