HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi raywayne, that has been posted several times, and banana hobby refuses to pay for a grade, so I regret if you'd like to go based on that but it is your choice. Thanks-Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywayne View Post
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
Banana Hobby
(626) 248-2888 602 Monterey Pass Road, Monterey Park, CA 91754-2419 http://www.BananaHobby.com
F
On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating BBB Ratings System Overview
Description
This company's business is the sales of a wide selection of radio controlled and remote controlled electric and Nitro aircraft, RC model, boats, tanks, cars and trucks.
BBB Accreditation
This business is not BBB Accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Why Accreditation Revoked
On March 17th 2011, this company's accreditation with the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB & eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB concerning a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered this business's rating include:
Length of time business has been operating BBB Accreditation was revoked because business failed to honor its accreditation agreement with BBB375 complaint(s) filed against business Failure to respond to 6 complaint(s) filed against business6 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
Customer Complaints Summary
374 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 96 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 71
Billing / Collection Issues 19
Problems with Product / Service 222
Delivery Issues 47
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 15
Total Closed Complaints 374
Additional Complaint Information
Complainants allege a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints. Some customers complain that merchandise arrives defective, inoperable or that wrong merchandise is received. In some cases, complainants allege that due to manufacturing defects or design flaws, their hobby craft crashes the first time used, and they encounter difficulties with refunds or exchanges. Some customers complain they should not be required to pay shipping or handling charges for returns on incorrect or defective items. Other customers allege they return products, but the company fails to send an exchange or issue a refund. The company responds to most complaints by shipping orders, agreeing to exchanges, or issuing refunds. The company denies most requests for reimbursement of shipping costs. They contend that their shipping policies are posted on their website, and customers should read the policy before agreeing to make the purchase.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,067 Posts
Bailey, I really appreciate you helping out and sending the motor. Is there any chance that I can also get a new main gear, and a pair of canopy clips as well? I'll need these to get it flying again along with the new motor. I can deal with the beat up canopy for now, I just need the other parts to get it back in the air.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5 Posts
Hey Pete - Always a pleasure seing you at the field.

I just have two questions: 1) Prop size for the RYAN. We bought another one from BH, (and everyone, it was MY error in the electrical area for its failure) but there isn't a single marking on the prop. I know to measure the length but what is the pitch?

Also, what is the prop size on the 40" J3-Cub? (BTW - I'm going to hit you up to help me figure out how to take off!) I get rolling, the back wheel lifts off, I roll on the power and elevator and it tips right catching the under part of the wing. And yep, I always do a pre-flight. So I want to watch you fly it once..... should be fun and there is a burger in it for you. THANKS!
rtflyer is offline Find More Posts by rtflyer
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Wow, its nice to see that SOME of you are being helped. All I wanted was a prop adapter. They sent it but it was the wrong one. When I said that it was the wrong one, they said they could send it but I had to pay this time. They sent the wrong one for free and then wanted me to pay for the right one. I was really confused. Why send the wrong one for free and then ask me to pay for the right one. I could've sent this one back if that was the problem but none of that was even mentioned. I think Bailey tried to help but I received no emails. Maybe they sent it to the wrong email but I've heard nothing. Its only a 6 dollar item. But its the principal of the whole thing. I have yet to fly my A-1 Skyraider again. I won't buy from BH again until this is resolved. Not trying to be mean, I do like the planes, but I won't spend any money until this $6 item issue has been resolved. I can buy it elswhere but I'd rather not unless I have to. Flying season is almost here and I'll have to get it somewhere. Sorry Bailey, I just haven't heard anything beyond this forum. I would even send this back once I got the replacement. I'd like to be fair about this, lol. Hopefully something good will happen. I think you guys have great planes and I honestly think you do mean well. Things get messed up and misinterpreted sometimes. Please help me out, this isn't a big request. Thanks.
PARALYZER is offline Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi nascar1929, I have added the main gear as well as 2 canopy clips to the parts request as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Bailey, I really appreciate you helping out and sending the motor. Is there any chance that I can also get a new main gear, and a pair of canopy clips as well? I'll need these to get it flying again along with the new motor. I can deal with the beat up canopy for now, I just need the other parts to get it back in the air.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Paralyzer, what's your order number for the A1 please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
Wow, its nice to see that SOME of you are being helped. All I wanted was a prop adapter. They sent it but it was the wrong one. When I said that it was the wrong one, they said they could send it but I had to pay this time. They sent the wrong one for free and then wanted me to pay for the right one. I was really confused. Why send the wrong one for free and then ask me to pay for the right one. I could've sent this one back if that was the problem but none of that was even mentioned. I think Bailey tried to help but I received no emails. Maybe they sent it to the wrong email but I've heard nothing. Its only a 6 dollar item. But its the principal of the whole thing. I have yet to fly my A-1 Skyraider again. I won't buy from BH again until this is resolved. Not trying to be mean, I do like the planes, but I won't spend any money until this $6 item issue has been resolved. I can buy it elswhere but I'd rather not unless I have to. Flying season is almost here and I'll have to get it somewhere. Sorry Bailey, I just haven't heard anything beyond this forum. I would even send this back once I got the replacement. I'd like to be fair about this, lol. Hopefully something good will happen. I think you guys have great planes and I honestly think you do mean well. Things get messed up and misinterpreted sometimes. Please help me out, this isn't a big request. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Hi Bailey, thanks for the quick email.. My order #bh18-167311. Hope you can help.

James
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Edit
Last edited by PARALYZER; Jan 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Ok thanks, I've resubmitted a parts request for the correct prop adapter to be shipped out, I will check in a couple hours and update you on it.

Quote:
Hi Bailey, thanks for the quick email.. My order #bh18-167311. Hope you can help.

James
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi james, is there anyway that you can email me a photo of the prop adapter that you have to bhlccsr1@bananahobby.com, I just spoke with parts and it turns out there's a Version 1 and a Version 2 prop Adapter so we need to see which you have so we can send the correct one.-Bailey

Quote:

James
Old Jan 30, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
yes for sure. Just sent it. In case it doesn't go through, the prop adapter I need is the short one, lol. I'll send you a picture. Thanks Bailey.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
Bailey, I just checked the parts listing on your site and the prop adapter I need is listed under the A-1 Skyraider parts. Its the last item on the Skyraider parts list. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
Cowboy of the skys
United States, Mt, Whitefish
Joined Oct 2010
1,065 Posts
so is this the banana hobby customer support sucks thread
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
Joined Jan 2010
36 Posts
To be honest with you, BH has my respect. I had an issue and with Bailey's help, it was resolved. I see alot of people complaining about BH and NP and so on and so on.... Get an rc business and see how hard it is sometimes. If BH didn't care, I wouldn't have been helped. I understand that some of you may have some legit issues but some of you just complain to complain. Am I not right? I'll be mature enough to say that I do it too sometimes. I would be upset too if my stuff came in wrong or broken and yes I'd be pissed off if the company wouldn't help. But from what I've seen here lately, people are getting helped. Anyhow, BH, you guys are fine with me. And thanks again Bailey, the Skyraider will rise again.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:29 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,067 Posts
Bailey, I haven't heard anything about my parts being shipped yet. Would you please check on this for me? Order number 188641
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929