SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:58 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I ordered my twin F22 and Mig 29 at the same time a couple of months ago and have no complaints. You need to read through the threads on these jets before you purchase because they are under engineered for aggressive pilots and will need mods and upgrades to take strenuous flights. To me making mods is the fun part. You may consider buying the airframe only and add electronics to your liking.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
Update on A-1 replacement vertical tail:
Email with tracking number showed up Jan 13. A check with USPS on the 17th shows it leaving ANAHEIM, CA. facility.
Also took a look again at the A-1 web page at BH, just to see if any change was made concerning the ESC rating. Specs and video still state the ESC as 80 amp. But to my surprise the plane is advertised at $189.90, which is what I paid with the free holiday shipping discount. I wonder if these "sale" planes will be shipped with the ESC's allegedly mis-labeled at 70 amp, as I recieved?
I've just received some 4S batteries so I can do some static amperage checks. That is after I balance the prop and figure how to center the prop on the supplied prop adapter. Calls concerning this latest discovery have been a waist of time. The prop adapter is a machined straight diameter shaft, and the hole in the prop is tapered. Since the adapter never makes it completely thru the prop, it has no chance of finding center of a hole larger than its own diameter. So much for just adding a receiver and battery.
stolflyer is offline Find More Posts by stolflyer
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Okay ill pull the trigger and give them a chance... ill get the f-22 in a few weeks. Bh if you do good youll get alot of bizz from my buddies and I! I just need to know when they will be settled in their new warehouse so i can place an order, anyone reading this know?
quickstickk is offline Find More Posts by quickstickk
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:40 PM
Afghanistan, Helmand, Laškar Gāh
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorito View Post
Order number BH18-194260. It was placed on Jan 4th and "shipping information" received by USPS on the 5th. Nothing else after that. I have checked tracking numbers for orders placed from other companies, and all of them show updated info once package is collected and in transit. Please let me know if items have ACTUALLY shipped. I am currently in Afghanistan and packages take anywhere between 10-15 days to arrive. On the 15th day I will file a claim with my cc company. Thank you.
Well, it is the 18th and still have not received anything from banana hobby. Contacting my credit card company after this post. Live and learn.
eltorito is offline Find More Posts by eltorito
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
As Banana Hobby has grown, we never strive to reach the best in assisting you with the quality and knowledgeable assistance you deserve.
I sure hope this is a typo.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Oh my that is so scary. And USPS sucks i dont like having my orders shipped thru them because they have goofed up with my orders alot. I dont think its on BHs part. Reason being is because usps got the package from BH. Its no longer in BHs hands, they did what they were suppose to now its up to the shipping company. I would contact usps about your package and see what they have to say.
quickstickk is offline Find More Posts by quickstickk
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Hi Readers, there seem to be a lot of negative feedbacks, So i thought i share some Good ones. I Live in Australia, and for us, their products online are fairly cheap! therefore wasn't worried about taking the plunge and try out their Products. I ordered two planes and my friend order 1 plan and a tank. We ordered it around the 5th Jan and i received my item on the 17th. That's pretty quick considering it's on the other side of the world! Anyway Products is fantastic and although my pilot didn't fit the plan, i ain't going to complain . I can understand some frustration, because the product built looks to be from china and quality control is the issue.
.. just my 2 cents worth will be doing more business with BH in future.
saltiga is offline Find More Posts by saltiga
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:35 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,076 Posts
I am disappointed in BH. I decided to give them a shot even after all the negative comments I have read and now wish I hadn't.

My wife bought me a DH 9104 for Christmas. Since then I have flown it 6 or 7 times. On the 14th of January, I took it out and 2-3 minutes into the flight, the main motor seized up and my heli dropped like a rock from 25 feet in the air.

The damage? Main motor seized, main gear teeth stripped, balance bar bent, canopy cracked in several places, and the canopy clips that hold the rear of the canopy broke off.

The heli was under a 30 day warranty beginning from the delivery date of Dec 21st. I called and spoke with Anita from BH that following Monday and explained to her what had happened. She told me the heli was still under warranty and she would forward the info to their technicians for review.

I recieved an e-mail 2 days later saying that I could order replacement parts through their website and to prevent future problems with the heli, it should be better maintained.

I called back to clarify the e-mail since it didn't explain if they were going to honor the warranty.

I spoke with a gentleman and he said that they wouldn't cover anything because the heli wasn't properly maintained, but feel free to order the replacement parts through their website.

WHAT!!!! How do you maintain a maintainance free motor!!!??? It's encased in steel, has 2 wires with a plug and a gear on it. What's to maintain? It only had 90 minutes of run time. Do they not last any longer than that?

I went ahead and looked up the parts on the BH website and found it would cost $17.00 + S&H to replace the main motor, main gear, canopy clips, balance bar and canopy. Not alot, but I shouldn't have to pay for them. The $7.00 motor failing is what caused all the rest of the damage.

I argued this with the gentleman I spoke with and he said he would resubmit my case but I haven"t heard anything back from them and don't expect too.

It's unfortunate that a business is going to allow $17.00 to come between them and a good customer relationship.

In a few months, I was looking to purchase the new Blitz RC Works Matrix 250 R for $399 before all this happened. I had even told my brother who is in the heli hobby about the Matrix and he too was going to purchase one next month. After my experience with BH, my brother and I have both agreed that it would be better to go elsewhere.

I had also been looking at the newer Walkera V200D03 and have found that the Matrix 250 R that BH claims to be their new Blitz RC Works heli is actually a Walkera V200D03. Pete even claims in his video about the Matrix, quote, "had my hand in the developmental processes with the manufacturer" in making the Matrix built by Blitz RC Works. This heli is a Walkera V200D03 with a different paint scheme and the Blitz RC Works name slapped on it. That's it! I would much rather purchase the name brand Walkera V200D03 from another supplier such as Wow Hobbies, XHeli, or Hobby Wing. They go for the same price or less and my brother and I have had much better customer service from those suppliers.

I guess it was a good thing all this happened with my DH 9104, because I would have made a much more costly error later on. My brother and I will take our $800.00 elswhere.

I suggest others do the same. No sense paying big bucks for a name brend heli converted to a house brand, no name heli, where you will be stuck with bad customer service and rediculous excuses about not maintaining the product properly voiding your warranty before it even expires.

Unhappy customer......
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi nascar1929, May I please have your order number so I may find out what happened with your order?-Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I am disappointed in BH. I decided to give them a shot even after all the negative comments I have read and now wish I hadn't.

My wife bought me a DH 9104 for Christmas. Since then I have flown it 6 or 7 times. On the 14th of January, I took it out and 2-3 minutes into the flight, the main motor seized up and my heli dropped like a rock from 25 feet in the air.

The damage? Main motor seized, main gear teeth stripped, balance bar bent, canopy cracked in several places, and the canopy clips that hold the rear of the canopy broke off.

The heli was under a 30 day warranty beginning from the delivery date of Dec 21st. I called and spoke with Anita from BH that following Monday and explained to her what had happened. She told me the heli was still under warranty and she would forward the info to their technicians for review.

I recieved an e-mail 2 days later saying that I could order replacement parts through their website and to prevent future problems with the heli, it should be better maintained.

I called back to clarify the e-mail since it didn't explain if they were going to honor the warranty.

I spoke with a gentleman and he said that they wouldn't cover anything because the heli wasn't properly maintained, but feel free to order the replacement parts through their website.

WHAT!!!! How do you maintain a maintainance free motor!!!??? It's encased in steel, has 2 wires with a plug and a gear on it. What's to maintain? It only had 90 minutes of run time. Do they not last any longer than that?

I went ahead and looked up the parts on the BH website and found it would cost $17.00 + S&H to replace the main motor, main gear, canopy clips, balance bar and canopy. Not alot, but I shouldn't have to pay for them. The $7.00 motor failing is what caused all the rest of the damage.

I argued this with the gentleman I spoke with and he said he would resubmit my case but I haven"t heard anything back from them and don't expect too.

It's unfortunate that a business is going to allow $17.00 to come between them and a good customer relationship.

In a few months, I was looking to purchase the new Blitz RC Works Matrix 250 R for $399 before all this happened. I had even told my brother who is in the heli hobby about the Matrix and he too was going to purchase one next month. After my experience with BH, my brother and I have both agreed that it would be better to go elsewhere.

I had also been looking at the newer Walkera V200D03 and have found that the Matrix 250 R that BH claims to be their new Blitz RC Works heli is actually a Walkera V200D03. Pete even claims in his video about the Matrix, quote, "had my hand in the developmental processes with the manufacturer" in making the Matrix built by Blitz RC Works. This heli is a Walkera V200D03 with a different paint scheme and the Blitz RC Works name slapped on it. That's it! I would much rather purchase the name brand Walkera V200D03 from another supplier such as Wow Hobbies, XHeli, or Hobby Wing. They go for the same price or less and my brother and I have had much better customer service from those suppliers.

I guess it was a good thing all this happened with my DH 9104, because I would have made a much more costly error later on. My brother and I will take our $800.00 elswhere.

I suggest others do the same. No sense paying big bucks for a name brend heli converted to a house brand, no name heli, where you will be stuck with bad customer service and rediculous excuses about not maintaining the product properly voiding your warranty before it even expires.

Unhappy customer......
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Loon, have you been helped yet? And may I please have your order number?-Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loon View Post
I have been trying to resolve a problem with a Christmas Gift, I have sent 2 Customer Service "Contact Us" on Dec 26th still no reply
I called today Jan 6th and answering machine says store closed hours are blah-blah (It was 1:30 PST pm and 20 and 40 minutes later!)
I tried the website Chat and it failed as no one was available, it suggested I send message to info@bananahobby.com. Did that.
No response!

Do I cancel MasterCard transaction and let them contact me?

What is happening? And don't tell me they moved warehouse, I read that, but no reason to cancel communications!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Propnuts, our new address is actually posted on the website and was posted about 1 week before our move, also all of the planes actually do have stock electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnuts View Post
They have moved, I have no idea where. Doubt if they will tell anyone - too many unhappy customers out there looking for Pete. Notice how happy he is to show how many planes he has. Doubt if any of them fly with stock BH electronics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6Mu...layer_embedded
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,076 Posts
Bailey, my order number is 188641. I would really like to have this issue worked out so I can get my DH 9104 back in the air and enjoy my new hobby.
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
Afghanistan, Helmand, Laškar Gāh
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Order # BH18-194260. STILL have not received anything. The tracking number provided shows NOTHING. Contacted 3 times and 3 times was told that I would hear back with an update and NOTHING. Terrible experience and wont do business with again.
eltorito is offline Find More Posts by eltorito
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Buyer Beware!

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
Banana Hobby
(626) 248-2888 602 Monterey Pass Road, Monterey Park, CA 91754-2419 http://www.BananaHobby.com
F
On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating BBB Ratings System Overview
Description
This company's business is the sales of a wide selection of radio controlled and remote controlled electric and Nitro aircraft, RC model, boats, tanks, cars and trucks.
BBB Accreditation
This business is not BBB Accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Why Accreditation Revoked
On March 17th 2011, this company's accreditation with the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB & eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB concerning a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered this business's rating include:
Length of time business has been operating BBB Accreditation was revoked because business failed to honor its accreditation agreement with BBB375 complaint(s) filed against business Failure to respond to 6 complaint(s) filed against business6 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
Customer Complaints Summary
374 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 96 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 71
Billing / Collection Issues 19
Problems with Product / Service 222
Delivery Issues 47
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 15
Total Closed Complaints 374
Additional Complaint Information
Complainants allege a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints. Some customers complain that merchandise arrives defective, inoperable or that wrong merchandise is received. In some cases, complainants allege that due to manufacturing defects or design flaws, their hobby craft crashes the first time used, and they encounter difficulties with refunds or exchanges. Some customers complain they should not be required to pay shipping or handling charges for returns on incorrect or defective items. Other customers allege they return products, but the company fails to send an exchange or issue a refund. The company responds to most complaints by shipping orders, agreeing to exchanges, or issuing refunds. The company denies most requests for reimbursement of shipping costs. They contend that their shipping policies are posted on their website, and customers should read the policy before agreeing to make the purchase.
raywayne is offline Find More Posts by raywayne
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi nascar1929, I'd really like to help you so I will send you a replacement motor although it's already been denied by the parts department. Please allow a few days for it to be processed and once it ships you will receive an email with the shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Thanks-Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Bailey, my order number is 188641. I would really like to have this issue worked out so I can get my DH 9104 back in the air and enjoy my new hobby.