SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:31 AM
Joined Jul 2011
135 Posts
Discussion
Can you help me build a larger foamy 3D plane

Hello gents, i was wondering if you's might be able to take the time in helping me build a larger 3D foamy plane, im after something that will allow me to do basically all 3D manovers, but not cost a fortune, i was about to pruchase a UMX Extra 300 but at $170 BNF i was not willing to pay for that for something so small and tacky, i would love to build a YAK55 or something similar, the planes from twisted hobby are fantastic looking planes but a bit too pricey also the fact im in australia it would cost another $60 ontop to ship it over, so what i have is a spektrum DX6i no reciever, and am looking for a frame and all the parts needed to build and fly it, i really have no clue what im after, what will be a good choice, what will work, so im basically asking if anyone can take the time to help me put together a list of every item i need preferable from the same shop but not fussed and dont care if its overseas that i can use to start purchasing everything i need, im wanting to keep the cost not to extreme as i go to college so funds arnt exactly flowing, plane size something similar to the size of the yak55 from twisted
keithy351 is offline Find More Posts by keithy351
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2011, 01:05 PM
Lost but making good time
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
keithy351,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1102742

Here is the info you need to build a 42" Yak 55, one of the best flyers out there. Find a source of foam down there in the "land down under" and build away. The site also gives you motor size, Esc size etc.

I know there are a lot of your fellow country men on this site, maybe one can let you know where to look for foam.

Regards,

Hankg
hankg is offline Find More Posts by hankg
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:38 AM
Wingman Jeff
Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
143 Posts
finding foam

I have been able to find foam for aircraft and either my Lowes, home Depot or Builders square.
Jeff Keith is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Keith
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:09 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Here you go, the GRX thread by Get Real. Great plans and ideas for building with Ownes Pink foam and other common materials. Great plane designs too.

Get Real GRX thread

(Can't go wrong with the Leadfeather Yak either)
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's