HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:01 PM
Soil Sampler
South Tennessee
Joined Sep 2004
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Here's what i use, Plano 737 tackle box.
Chuck
I use this same box. Picked it up at Wal-M years ago.
They usually go on sale in the winter months.
Holds everything except my power supply.
FlynFoam is offline Find More Posts by FlynFoam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:37 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynFoam View Post
I use this same box. Picked it up at Wal-M years ago.
They usually go on sale in the winter months.
Holds everything except my power supply.
It's amazing how much crap I can pack in there. Only problem is that it gets so heavy I want a crane to lift it.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:37 PM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC(UK) View Post
I just gotta' see your truck.
Nah, I don't haul it around too much. I just leave it there on the other side of the swingset near the pool

My "club" field has all the accommodations of home. Mower, electric, bathrooms, swimming pool, grill, well stocked fridge and freezer, full kitchen, satellite television, phone service, internet service, bedroom.......
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:38 PM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
I have a Stanley toolbox that I got for Christmas a couple of year ago. It has a pull handle that flips up and the lower half has wheels on it. I think the design has changed though and is a little different. The top has two compartments that flip up on the lid and there is a tray that rotates out of the front. Inside the top half there is a tray that lifts out and that's where I keep my tools, under the tray I keep my balancer, charger meters and other things. The lower half holds my transmitters. I wish I had a picture of it but I don't on this computer. Wal-Mart is where it came from and I think some of the home improvement stores have them as well. I have mine loaded to the gills and it is heavy but it helps that the top can be removed to lighten it up but it means I have to make two trips.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
Old Sep 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
Soil Sampler
South Tennessee
Joined Sep 2004
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Only problem is that it gets so heavy I want a crane to lift it.

Chuck
2nd that!
But, it holds all of my stuff and keeps it organized.
Lots of storage bins and the deep compartment on the top/right
is where I keep my chargers. It's almost like it was designed
for r/c.
FlynFoam is offline Find More Posts by FlynFoam
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
603 Posts
fishing tackel boxes work great I used one for years then I bought one from grayson hobbys its a plastic flight box comes in different colors and they hold a lot the draws lock closed when you pick it up and itll hold you transmiter and a big old pile of batteries plus tools think I paid 60 bucks for it . I dont think he sells it anymore but someone should look around they where made just for RC.
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:39 PM
Are there crawfish in heaven??
Joined Apr 2004
277 Posts
Mine didn't come from the hardware store, it came from the craft store. I use a roll around scrapbooking tote. It has lots of storage, pockets etc. I have two soft sided lunch containers for my Cellpro chargers and all the leads. These fit into the tote with room to spare. over the years I've collected a number of "craft" tools for plane use. There are some pretty neat tools to be found, just gotta look.
jcg1112 is offline Find More Posts by jcg1112
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,112 Posts
I have tackle boxes, but what I find the handiest is a sturdy 5 gallon pail with the wire handle. Throw your water bottle, can of bug spray if needed, sandwich or energy bar if needed, old hat, tape, knife, bag of elastic bands, glue, small battery box big enough to hold your batteries, few tools, voltmeter, a 2' piece of stiff wire with a flag on the end (was used to mark gas line location, is now my wind sock), a small padded case for Tx. Still room for a sweater or rain jacket on top. Everything goes in the pail, place 48" wing under the armpit and plane in free hand.

Pail doubles as a table to put the wing on and by the time I get to the 3rd battery it is my chair. Very comfortable while flying and only one trip from car to the field area.

There are a lot of prettier ways to do this but haven't found anything more practical, price was right
immelguy is offline Find More Posts by immelguy