HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:44 PM
United States, TX, Helotes
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Help!
DX6I... Timer starts on own? (Newbie with 2 hour old radio)

Hello,

I'm new to RC. I bought a Spektrum DX6i on Amazon.com from Horizon Hobby it same in today I put fresh batteries and and wanted to learn about it. .

I had the radio on while I'm reading the manual... I set up a "test plane" with a timer to 6 minutes.... but I didn't start it...I sat the DSX6i next to me on the desk as read the manual about 10 minutes later it beeps a few times and the timers starts with me even touching the transmitter at all.... Beep and then it counts down??? I didn't touch anything. I just turned on the radio and left it sit.

This happens... I don't have a plane to test the transmitter on. Has anyone heard of the timer starting on it's own?

Update more specific:
I turned on the radio and set a stop watch on my iphone after 16 minutes....
Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep
Timer runs (counting down from 6) for 2 seconds to 5:58
Long Beeeep
Time now shows 6:00
beep, beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeep for about 50 seconds *(then I got tired of it and turned it off!)
matthew2000tx is offline Find More Posts by matthew2000tx
Last edited by matthew2000tx; Sep 08, 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: adding more details in hopes of getting help.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:59 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
1,986 Posts
Try programming the timer and set it up to count up or down, your preference, then set it to a switch to activate. Then see if it works OK.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Sep 09, 2011, 05:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,225 Posts
Did you buy it new or used? If the issue start around the 16 min mark try it again without having the timer on INH or set it to ZERO.

Leave it on and see what happens around the 16min mark.

You may need to send it to HH for service.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
United States, TX, Helotes
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Did you buy it new or used? If the issue start around the 16 min mark try it again without having the timer on INH or set it to ZERO.

Leave it on and see what happens around the 16min mark.

You may need to send it to HH for service.
New from Horizon Hobby Directly. I called them and they said that I might have accidentally hit the trainer button.... which I most likely did.

A call to Spektrum/HH support said the newer radios have a built in timer if it's left on for a while with no input it will start beeping to remind you to turn it off to save batteries. So I assume that is what is going on. He rep said it's around 15-20 minutes of just sitting that triggers the beeping.
matthew2000tx is offline Find More Posts by matthew2000tx