HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
Discussion
CopterControl vs MultiWii/Quadrino/etc Thoughts?

Hey all,

So I'm a happy owner of a witespy quad but have been seeing a lot of buzz around CopterControl lately and wanted to gather thoughts on what are the pros and cons of each. I ordered a CC board today but now I'm having second thoughts as I realize it does not have a mag/baro.

Anyone who is knowledgeable know the main differences and benefits of each? My main goals are nice steady FPV flight with my GoPro.

Cheers
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Why would you need anything more than gyros for FPV flight?
Anyway, definitely CC - modern platform, excellent software, great autolevel, etc. You can't go wrong.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
That's true, not sure why i'd need the mag and baro. I'm just learning here and I guess the very good autolevel is important. I love the software on that CC for sure. Unfortunately it looks like upgrading to a more impressive Pro platform with GPS etc in the future won't be possible.
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
647 Posts
While looking through the OpenPilot website, I did notice that a mag/baro board is available and connects to the FlexiPort. Could not find ordering details though.

As I now have a CC board for the next build, and a pair of QuadRino boards that are flying, I'm wondering if we're not approaching a point where either will perform well. Certainly in some circumstances one may be better, but perhaps for the most part, either board will perform well.

I originally started flying a quad with the Fyetech FY90Q, but could never get really comfortable with it. With the QuadRino (both with mag/baro), I've got these setup just the way I want (and running 2 different firmware versions). I'm sure the CC board will provide the same.

Regards,
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
Hey all,

So I'm a happy owner of a witespy quad but have been seeing a lot of buzz around CopterControl lately and wanted to gather thoughts on what are the pros and cons of each. I ordered a CC board today but now I'm having second thoughts as I realize it does not have a mag/baro.

Anyone who is knowledgeable know the main differences and benefits of each? My main goals are nice steady FPV flight with my GoPro.

Cheers
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:24 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2009
712 Posts
Second thoughts? When it arrives, sell it and make a profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
Hey all,

Cheers
juz70 is offline Find More Posts by juz70
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Feb 2011
213 Posts
Just got my CC board from Rusty at AGL. This thing is tiny. It's going in my Home Depot PVC "special" for some FPV action
chevota is offline Find More Posts by chevota