HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Willsonman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:58 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,688 Posts
Discussion
What I've been up to

Well I've not been able to do much lately due to a lot of life stuff. The weather has been quite miserable all week here so I thought I would post what I have been working on. While it is not R/C it is scale... Not sure of it but it is.

I started with a simple paper towel tube. Add foam and a lot of elbow grease and you have a scale V-2 rocket. I made this for a friend who literally has ZERO time for his rocketry hobby. We got talking about building with composites and I told him I would build something. This is the result. I've not built a rocket in over 15 years. Looks like I still got it.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:33 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,321 Posts
I know this one's not electric! I ues to make these when I was a kid nice job;I've been thinking about doing some just for kix,what size engines will this bad boy be sporting?

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:40 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,688 Posts
Its weight without a parachute is 5oz so a B size should be fine. C for some higher altitude stuff but a B should be a more scale take off. Longer burn time will help get more altitude. We are thinking it will need a rather short delay to reach apex and then eject the chute. I had made a 24" Parasheet style but folding it was an issue with the rather narrow body tube used. I thought I woudl give an actualy parchute design a chance and it works great but the folding issue is even worse with the seams sewn and additional fabric. I'm now thinking about two smaller parasheets so that I know I get enough drag but no bulk to restrict the body tube on ejection. Dunno.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman