HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:56 AM
S.E. Mi. arm pit of MI
Joined Jun 2004
252 Posts
Discussion
What happen to Aerosphere Inc.?

Are they in Bussiness any longer do they have solid plans to make the great kits available again. Like the aquila, sagitta and others. How can we apply pressure to release kits or release rights to making those kits? I would like to build some old school kits?
Lite2bolt is offline Find More Posts by Lite2bolt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:39 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite2bolt View Post
Are they in Bussiness any longer do they have solid plans to make the great kits available again. Like the aquila, sagitta and others. How can we apply pressure to release kits or release rights to making those kits? I would like to build some old school kits?
Convince them they'll receive enough business to make an endeavor based on the spending of discretionary income a going concern.
DT56 is online now Find More Posts by DT56
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:50 AM
fa2
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
you did not ans his question - "are they still in business" - do you not know the ans?
fa2 is offline Find More Posts by fa2
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:04 AM
the flying is good
USA, CT, Hamden
Joined Oct 2002
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa2 View Post
you did not ans his question - "are they still in business" - do you not know the ans?
If you know the answer, why hold out on us?
dephela is online now Find More Posts by dephela
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,716 Posts
Quote:
Several questions were posted and I answered one. Please feel free to answer the others.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:57 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,675 Posts
Absent a definitive answer, the seemingly obvious one is, no, for all practical purposes, they are not in business. A terrible shame too. I bought an Oly 650 kit from them several years back. It was top-notch.
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:50 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,949 Posts
Well, I just placed an order for a set of Aquila Grand plans. Everything seemed to work.... I ordered some plans from them last year and they arrived very quickly.

I agree- it's unfortunate that they have never got around to producing the line of planes they are sitting on, other than the Q-Tee. I'm not surprised, however. Anybody feel like starting a hobby-based business in this economy?

Well, Lite2bolt- why don't you buy the plans for the plane you want and see of Bob Holman will cut you a set of ribs and build it? That's what I think I'll do.

Anybody know if the Aquila and Aquila Grand use the same fuse?
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:55 PM
fa2
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
i do not know the ans - i just did not understand why he did not address the question - example - 1) yes
2) no
3) i don't know
fa2 is offline Find More Posts by fa2
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:21 PM
Arizona
Joined May 2003
42 Posts
if we were not allowed to comment without anwering the question, there would not be very many posts here.
marty o is offline Find More Posts by marty o
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,716 Posts
Quote:
i do not know the ans - i just did not understand why he did not address the question - example - 1) yes
2) no
3) i don't know
Sorry, I didn't realize it was a multiple choice question.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:19 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,949 Posts
Update: looks like my order has been acknowledged.
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:55 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Iíve ordered a kit from DreamCatcher some years ago and everything went great. The company being sold didnít bother me too much except they never produced; meaning they donít kit. Iíve written off long ago; too bad, as they own a good line.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Sep 09, 2011, 01:48 AM
Are you serious?
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2005
433 Posts
I emailed them about a week ago on some info, I haven't received an answer yet.
Miraj is offline Find More Posts by Miraj
Old Sep 09, 2011, 05:42 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,838 Posts
I have heard they bought all the Airtronic's design's with the idea that they could turn it around and make a profit. Not sure if that's true or not.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:13 AM
confuselage say...
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined May 2004
91 Posts
They ought to consider outsourcing kit production to another party if they're not able to do it themselves. I'd wager there are alot of clubs with the skill necessary to produce small-batch kits to spec. as a winter fun/(slight) profit venture.

Regardless of their reasons, given the present demand for Airtronics kits, it's really frustrating that they're not producing anything.
11b2c is offline Find More Posts by 11b2c