HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Wich plane ahould i get i like acrobatics and would like to beable to fly at night
Um F4U corsair for 60$ 1 14.29%
Um Night vapor 50$ 0 0%
Um p-51 0 0%
Um Pole Cat 70$ 4 57.14%
Um Sukhoi SU-26 60$ 3 42.86%
Um 4-Site 70$ 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 08, 2011, 01:03 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Poll
Which plane should i get

please vote and i dont have a dx6i yet do you think i would be able to fly the su-26 still?
and i do have alittle experence cuz i have the t-28 and the corsair but my one servo broke o the corsair so the whole point of this poll is because if im going to buy a new servo for the corsair im going to just by all new foam parts for it to and thats 60$ so i could just make another plane also for about 60$
o and the p-51 is 50$
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Last edited by skarface; Sep 08, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:45 PM
Jus Fly 4 Fun
Joined May 2009
128 Posts
While I haven't personally flown a Su-26 from what I've heard dual rates or expo are a must for that plane. I'm in a similar situation as you. I'll be ordering a UM Stryker soon and have to also buy a Dx6i to fly it. I would recommend you just also buy a Dx6i with your plane so you can have an easier time flying it, plus it has a 10 model memory and will work for pretty much any BNF plane.
Jus Wanna Fly is offline Find More Posts by Jus Wanna Fly
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:50 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
If you want to fly it at night then that eliminates 5 out of your 6 choices, and the 6th will only be flyable if it's very calm.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:16 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,816 Posts
Suggestion...Save for a DX6i.
Tough to resist picking up another plane i know,but the fact that you want another plane tells me you will be staying in the hobby.
And the DX6i will be one of the best investments you can buy if your going to continue to fly these micros and get new planes.

Sure it's cheaper to just pick up another plane,or parts to build one but you will always be wishing you had a DX6i to make those adjustments that suit your flying style.

Also having the DX6i will allow you to buy the BNF models,and you never know...you could decide after flying these micros for a while that you want a bigger plane,like a Super Cub.
You will already have a tx and will be able to pick up a BNF cheaper than a RTF.

Don't waist your time with a DX5e,yeah it's cheaper but it does not have any programing features like expo,model memory (DX6i has 10 model memory) so you have to rebind it to each plane before use.

Just something to think about.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:24 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Suggestion...Save for a DX6i.
Tough to resist picking up another plane i know,but the fact that you want another plane tells me you will be staying in the hobby.
And the DX6i will be one of the best investments you can buy if your going to continue to fly these micros and get new planes.

Sure it's cheaper to just pick up another plane,or parts to build one but you will always be wishing you had a DX6i to make those adjustments that suit your flying style.

Also having the DX6i will allow you to buy the BNF models,and you never know...you could decide after flying these micros for a while that you want a bigger plane,like a Super Cub.
You will already have a tx and will be able to pick up a BNF cheaper than a RTF.

Don't waist your time with a DX5e,yeah it's cheaper but it does not have any programing features like expo,model memory (DX6i has 10 model memory) so you have to rebind it to each plane before use.

Just something to think about.
⇑ ↑ ⇑ ↑ +1 What Ridge said.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Oct 06, 2011, 04:42 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
thanks guys this is old tho lol im getting away from the mcro's for now just because of the tiny bit of wind problem so i am gettinga dx6i with receiver and a cgarger with 2 2500 mah lipo's and and the t-28 pnp then prolly a extra 300 pnp alittle after the t-28
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:02 PM
Jus Fly 4 Fun
Joined May 2009
128 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Most park flyer sized planes can handle a fair amount of wind. I've flown foamys in up to 15 mph with no problem. The main reason I'm heading to ultra micros right now is because I'm in college and there isn't really any room for a full park flyer in my dorm room. I'm sure you'll love flying slightly larger planes. They definitely fly with more authority and groove better. Happy Flying!
Jus Wanna Fly is offline Find More Posts by Jus Wanna Fly
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:59 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
thanks guys this is old tho lol im getting away from the mcro's for now just because of the tiny bit of wind problem so i am gettinga dx6i with receiver and a cgarger with 2 2500 mah lipo's and and the t-28 pnp then prolly a extra 300 pnp alittle after the t-28
Alright!!...your all set now with the DX6i good move!

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Oct 07, 2011, 03:09 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Alright!!...your all set now with the DX6i good move!

Ridgewalker
hey i saw your cub video with the fire hidrent haha thats like the teliphone pole in this one area i ended up hitting that with my um t-28 i also hit it with the air hogs a-10 worthog wich is a peace of crap plane my opinion.