Closed Thread
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:39 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
Discussion
Premier RC Canard

I've been looking for a video that shows the assembly of the Premier RC Canard.
There are videos on YouTube of several other Premier kites being assembled then flown; but I've not run across one for the Canard...

Anyone seen one?

Or; those having the Canard; how difficult is it to assemble out of the bag? The document for this one, compared to others, seems a bit more difficult...
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
easy

Hi,

itīs very easy and fast:

http://www.trends-shop.com/WebRoot/S...ard_Manual.pdf

http://www.trends-shop.com/WebRoot/S...nit_Manual.pdf
TobiasC is offline Find More Posts by TobiasC
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
Reading through the manual it just looks harder than it probably is.

I've been trying to talk myself into buying this for over a year now.. HAHA I think I'm about ready to take the plunge and go for it..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
Finally decided to take the plunge and bought the canard.
Was going to buy right from premier rc but found Horizon has them knocked down in price. Just under 300 for the RTF!
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
A little disappointed this morning.... Maybe someone here can help reverse this downward spiral?!?

I ordered the PremierRC canard because it was one of the kites that I really liked the look of. The other kite I would have ordered was the eagle but the pricing was a little higher than I wanted to go. My thoughts were that once I had the canard and got back out flying again I would eventually pick up the eagle; and since I already bought the package deal I could just swap out the vector unit between the two.

Now I understand that the canard is a Gen I vector unit; and the eagle uses a Gen II.

From what I can make of this - they are not interchangeable?!? Please someone tell me I am wrong in this assumption!!!
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:10 AM
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
Adding insult to injury.....

Package from Horizon just got here. What I got shipped was not what I expected.

Yes, I did get the RTF package - but it came with a "Sport Vector" power unit. Only Left/Right controls. Definatly NOT what I was expecting! Have to get on the phone here and figure this all out ASAP
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2007
2,973 Posts
Now asking for assistance from others that own this kite... Brought it home tonight and thought I would assemble it to see how it looks. This thing is HUGE!!!

I did run across one problem while assembling the kite as well as thought of a question or two

First the problem. When I got to the point of attaching the vector mast the connectors on the main spine. If you look at the first three photos it'll make things a little clearer. The rear connector for the mast was straight upright, but the front connector was at a 40 deg angle to the spine, but the front leg of the mast sits at around 80 degrees to the spine. They are both a VERY snug fit, but I was eventually able to get the mast seated into both connectors. Am I doing the right thing here by bending that front connector as much as I did?

The question I encountered regards these same two connectors. They both appear to be able to slide fore and aft on the spine. So, how do I know where the best/correct position is? With a regular RC plane I would be able to refer to the CG, but I don't see a mark or measurement for this anywhere...

Any advice you all can give me I would greatly appreciate!!
Closed Thread