HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Help!
Ready to order but what do you think of this logic?

Okay I am looking into a Radian Pro. Please leave comments on this particular plane in its thread(s) thanks.

Hobbyzone offers a couple of versions ARF, PNP, BNF

First a little background. All I currently own is a couple of 72 Mhz transmitters and receivers. One of them being a very nice 9 channel programmable (Futaba T9CAP i think) batteries in the transmitters are in good shape.

Now here is my thinking hope you can follow me here.

The PNP version is around 185.00 us but needs a lipo batt and a charger.

The BNF version is around 250.00 us and comes with a 2.4mhz receiver a 1,300 3S lipo and charger (doesn't say which charger).

I am thinking about ordering the BNF version and selling / trading the receiver that comes with it. Since I don't have a batt or charger this may actually be a cheaper route. I hesitate because the battery and charger are kind of unknowns.

If I get the PNP version I will also have to get a charger and battery(s) which by my estimate would be right at another 100 including shipping so the BNF may actually be a better deal (even if I cant sell the receiver).

Your thoughts?
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:40 PM
Silent Majority
Monrovia,MD,USA
Joined Mar 2000
289 Posts
I think for $65 you can find 2 1300 3S Lipos and a decent charger. A hobbyking purchase, no doubt.

Lipo or this Better Lipo
Charger
NOTE: I've never used any of these products... just an example of a <$65 purchase that could be made. Do your own independent research.
Bert is offline Find More Posts by Bert
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
The problem with HK is they never have the cheaper chargers in stock in the us. I need to avoid oversea shipping charges..... trust me.

Also the price on the Lipo's is higher on the US site too. That I can understand but the cheapest charger I saw in stock was $77.00 us + ship.

Ive shopped around for batt charger / batt combinations and thats how I came up with the 100 buck estimate.
Last edited by UlteriorModem; Sep 06, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:05 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
The RX is an AR600. You can ususally get $50-$60 for them in the classified. The charger is a POS. You will get $5-$10 for it at best. The battery is a standard parkzone 1300 mah. They retail for $34 but can be found cheaper.

So...you COULD buy the BNF and come out a little ahead, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Belem is online now Find More Posts by Belem
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
395 Posts
Charger and Battery

This is a great charger and has worked fine to balance charge all my lipos: $23.70
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html

Nice $10.70 battery from the same place: http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-1300mah-3s1p-111-25c.html

US based supplier and very quick shipping! Good luck, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Thanks for the input guys it is appreciated.

The gavel has fallen (She whom controls the purse strings) and it was a little too much.

Ive settled on a regular Radian with batt and charger from another source. All told under 200 bucks including shipping. That was the hard deck

Yes I understand there is a lot of room for improvement but I wanna get out there and fly darnit !

Anyhow the deed is done let this thread slink into oblivion.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:46 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Haobbypartz AC/DC charger w/lipo, plus free shipping for over $50

more from Hobbypartz, here is an AC/DC charger with a built-in AC power supply, it can be powered from either an AC outlet or a DC battery, where most lipo charger/balancers are DC only and requires a separate AC power supply which usually costs more than the charger itself, I have one of these, and it works very well:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-10...rger-blue.html

You can add one of these lipos:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1300-3s1p-20c-3333.html, and you will qualify for the free shipping, because when your order is at least $50 you get free shipping.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
DT

Actually the charger and batt are comming from HZ but dident meet the 50 buck cap but the shipping was less that 5 bucks so I will eat it.