Bet ya the moon bats are hiding under the rocks on earth now

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...a46ba656ceb27f
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:12 PM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,675 Posts
Google links aren't working for me for some reason - here are all the photos from Space.com http://www.space.com/12030-moon-phot...e-orbiter.html
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogel View Post
Nothing diminishes the beliefs of the CTs - especially truth and facts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:15 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
How does one go about ticketing NASA for littering?
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:20 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerogel View Post

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...a46ba656ceb27f
Since the source is a NASA satellite, it can't be trusted; the conspiracy lives
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
George Bush was probably there
FL KnifemakerII is offline Find More Posts by FL KnifemakerII
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:29 PM
free bird
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Aug 2011
169 Posts
Question, Ok I know there is no wind on the moon but where do solar storms occur? and if they do take place near the moon that would mean there hasent been one in + -60 years, shurley the tracks would have been blown away, I could be wrong just asking. and that picture shows the appolo landing site do they mean the lunar module? because that would have blown the flag away from the return phase explosion! well I aint saying anything more than that just curious!.

Mike
Mickey D is offline Find More Posts by Mickey D
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:37 PM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
Gosh, maybe we really were there!
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:44 PM
free bird
Joined Aug 2011
169 Posts
Well I ain't sayin they werent there But those could be bogus images!
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermike View Post
Question, Ok I know there is no wind on the moon but where do solar storms occur? and if they do take place near the moon that would mean there hasent been one in + -60 years, shurley the tracks would have been blown away, I could be wrong just asking. and that picture shows the appolo landing site do they mean the lunar module? because that would have blown the flag away from the return phase explosion! well I aint saying anything more than that just curious!
I'm pretty sure that solar storms do not involve wind as do storms on earth. "Solar wind" is waves of heat/light/radiation/energy - not having anything to move in space (i.e., air) there would be no wind.

As far as the ascent stage blowing away stuff at the landing sight - the lack of air would apply there as well. Keep in mind that the descent stage is elevated, so the ascent stage rocket blast is directed at that, rather than the moon's surface.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:14 PM
free bird
Joined Aug 2011
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer View Post
I'm pretty sure that solar storms do not involve wind as do storms on earth. "Solar wind" is waves of heat/light/radiation/energy - not having anything to move in space (i.e., air) there would be no wind.

As far as the ascent stage blowing away stuff at the landing sight - the lack of air would apply there as well. Keep in mind that the descent stage is elevated, so the ascent stage rocket blast is directed at that, rather than the moon's surface.
That is an interestin theory, but im still somewhat sceptical.
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:29 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,027 Posts
Quote:
Question, Ok I know there is no wind on the moon but where do solar storms occur? and if they do take place near the moon that would mean there hasent been one in + -60 years, shurley the tracks would have been blown away, I could be wrong just asking. and that picture shows the appolo landing site do they mean the lunar module? because that would have blown the flag away from the return phase explosion! well I aint saying anything more than that just curious!.

Mike
Flag stays planted during lift off:
Apollo 14 LM lift-off from the Moon (0 min 25 sec)

Cool pics, thanks for posting the link. Wonder how long it'll take the hardcore green folks to say we're destroying the moon...
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:30 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Direct gases from the ascent stage engine could move the flag, and I think you can even see it in one of the ascent films.

Edit: And there you go!
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:40 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:

Mike
Solar 'storms' are just another fancy name for solar flares or CME's (Coronal Mass Ejections) Yes, trillions of tons of charged particles can be flung out from the Sun at nearly lightspeed, however the physical force involved wouldn't even move a sheet of paper on the Moon.

(Or in free-space)

That's why it would take millions of years to cover the tracks on the Moon.

When Apollo 11 lifted off, the flag was placed FAR too close to the lander. Yes, even in a vacuum rocket exhaust will impart A-LOT of force, if it didn't, then rockets wouldn't work in space now would they? When the ascent stage fired, the resulting gasses ejected in all directions knocked the flag over.

Subsequent missions placed the flag quite a bit further away.

And yes, we were there, undoubtedly. My Grandfather was on the team that put us there. I also have in my personal possession an artifact that was there.

However if you don't believe it, that's fine. 'Cause within the next 10-20 years we'll be back and the whole world will see our landing sites in glorious HD.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:50 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,257 Posts
It's obamas fault
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon