HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2011, 12:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
Discussion
Placed my first order with HK

I placed my first order with HK on Sept 3rd for a Turnigy 9X. It's coming out of their USA warehouse, and I paid extra for the 2-3 day USPS shipping. (I didn't want to order from China yet). We'll see how this goes, and I'll make updates to the progress of my order.

I just received an email saying that the order was quality checked and packed waiting for shipment. I can expect shipping info within 48 hours. (Hopefully it will be here by then)

So far the communication had been good.
gunslinger7186 is offline Find More Posts by gunslinger7186
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:35 PM
I just want to fly.
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
It has been my experience that the shipping from the USA warehouse is super fast. And is usually worth the extra expense that USA stocked products seem to have
sapok is offline Find More Posts by sapok
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
My 9X showed up today in good shape! I'll get some batteries in it, and test it. If everything works on it, I'll be a happy camper.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
It all works as advertised. I did have some trouble with the battery holder. I tried to use Energizer batteries, and when I squeezed the battery holder, I would lose voltage. I put in some Duracells and problem solved.

I was even able to bind my Topfire receiver to it, and it works well.

Thanks HobbyKing. I'm a satisfied customer!
Old Sep 09, 2011, 06:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Guns,

using dry cells in a battery holder will eventually end in tears, may I suggest you have a look at this link for a better battery option for this TX.
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml

I am using a 3s transmitter battery from HK (several available, but all need you to solder the connector from your battery holder to the Lipo) , I think the batteries used in the link above would be much better as you won't have to worry about leaving your TX on and destroying your lipo.

Cheers
Tony
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Old Sep 09, 2011, 08:40 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger7186 View Post
My 9X showed up today in good shape! I'll get some batteries in it, and test it. If everything works on it, I'll be a happy camper.
The best batteries for Tx are the Eneloop from Sanyo.
They will hold 75% of the charge after 3 years storage. Very low self discharge rate. Rated for 1500 cycles.

http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/sanyo_eneloop.html
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Sep 09, 2011, 08:45 AM
I just want to fly.
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
Quote:
It all works as advertised....
Thanks HobbyKing. I'm a satisfied customer!
Don't let this get out to the general public. People might start thinking that HK is a reputable dealer, either that or you were one of the lucky few who didn't get screwed by cheap Chinese made crap

In all seriousness though, I'm glad everything worked out well, don't be to afraid of ordering from the international warehouse. Just figure the extra shipping cost is apart of the price of the plane, and it will still be cheaper than just about any where else.
sapok is offline Find More Posts by sapok
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony7 View Post
Guns,

using dry cells in a battery holder will eventually end in tears, may I suggest you have a look at this link for a better battery option for this TX.
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml

I am using a 3s transmitter battery from HK (several available, but all need you to solder the connector from your battery holder to the Lipo) , I think the batteries used in the link above would be much better as you won't have to worry about leaving your TX on and destroying your lipo.

Cheers
Tony
I read that article a while ago. It seems like a good idea, but I'm not interested in having to solder a resistor on the board, or install a different OS to be able to turn off the battery alarm.

Do you have a link for the 3S Lipo that you're using? I would definitely do that.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:59 PM
www.hobbyking.com
Joined Sep 2010
84 Posts
HobbyKing - Quick Guide: Install Back Light on Turnigy 9X (3 min 28 sec)

Don't miss this part!
hobbykinglive is offline Find More Posts by hobbykinglive
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a link for the 3S Lipo that you're using? I would definitely do that.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7346

That's one of many they stock, note they are not normal Lipo's they are low discharge and very low self discharge. Check the USA warehouse as postage will be faster, I think they will have a Zippy or Turnigy TX pack, don't have a link as HK's search engine frustrates me :-)

That backlight mentioned above is an excellent investment too and it's less than $5 :-)

cheers
Tony
Tony7 is offline Find More Posts by Tony7
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
36 Posts
Okay...just ordered a back light kit and a Lipo for the Tx along with a couple extra receivers and another Lipo for my F22 from China via EMS post.
We'll see how long that one takes to get here.