HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:34 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,388 Posts
So what did that cost? Got us all thinking about it now. I wonder how it sounds if you get two or three in formation!!
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:59 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,384 Posts
Send GodofThunder77 a PM for the info. He did an absolutely brilliant job wiring the system, and the speaker covers are seamless...You would think it came straight from the FMS factory. I highly recommend his services!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I'm not sure what Brian is charging for the MOD and work?, but the components will come to about $350.00 + with shipping, Brian does nice work and he won't let you down.

TBS unit fro HK $65.09 (Plus shipping)
2x40 TBS amp from HK $135.52 (Plus shipping)
1x 4 inch speaker from Aerosounds $38.00 (Plus shipping)
2 x 3 inch speakers fro Aerosounds $33.00 Each ($66.00) (Plus shipping)

The same thing is available from Aerosounds.com, but it's a but more in cost$$$

Plus you'll need additional heat sinks (Highly Recomemded!!!) for the AMP about $10.00 to $30.. depending on where you get them? Brian and I have 4 additional copper heat sinks on our Benedini sysems. That sould give some idea of the approx cost.

Just finished my 11'th Speaker sound mod to a plane, and now on the LX F4-U Corsair with it's "Benedini" sound mod add on.... Video of the run up soon
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 16, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:46 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Guys if your interested in the system PM me and I let you know the rough cost of it. Brandon gave you the cost of the components. That is right on cost of those.
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:48 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,275 Posts
So...it NOT a Bandini sound system...it is TBS from hobby king? where do you get the sounds from? and can you add...change the sounds as you like from your own PC?

Thanks
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:55 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
It is a benedini, but sold from Hobby king. Sounds are free downloads along with the sound software from benedini website. They use a propritary software to flash the unit and to play sounds. You can create your own WAV sounds if you like and then impliment that in. All this is done from you PC
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:18 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Price to install all depends on the airplane as well. Some are not as involved as others are.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:22 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Price to install all depends on the airplane as well. Some are not as involved as others are.
AMEN!!!! to that.....lol. Good work Brian.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 16, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:38 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,384 Posts
Thank you guys for your services...It gives those of us who don't have the talent and tools the opportunity to have such cool add-ons!!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:49 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Thank you guys for your services...It gives those of us who don't have the talent and tools the opportunity to have such cool add-ons!!
Absolutely no problem! We all enjoy the hobby and is a passion for a lot of us. Enjoy it!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I agree with what Brian just said completely 100%. Glad your happy with what's been done, I know it was a bite on the "fundage", but worth it . I know Brian and I are always glad to help out others, I've talked to him quite a bit and he's a super great guy, we may actually get to meet in person this summer at one of his RC Club events and fly both our Benedini plane together...at least planning on it?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:15 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I agree with what Brian just said completely 100%. Glad your happy with what's been done, I know it was a bite on the "fundage", but worth it . I know Brian and I are always glad to help out others, I've talked to him quite a bit and he's a super great guy, we may actually get to meet in person this summer at one of his RC Club events and fly both our Benedini plane together...at least planning on it?
Thanks "B"! The same goes for you and I can't wait to fly those suckers in formation. We will blow the crowd away. If anyone is interested in coming go to www.rcwarbirdsopc.com to find out more. I'm the event director and it is going to be a great show.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Awesome sound! Well done!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:54 AM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Here's the video! Turn it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiAhg4uVFy0
Hey Aros! Glad I was able to be there to film it for you, that's one impressive model! Would love to have that done to my Starmax Gunfighter. Don't think wife would aprove of that just yet though, not after spending the money on that DJI Phantom. LOL. I'll need to wait a while to let that one smooth over before I spend more money on my hobby. I'll at least wait until after our trip to Vegas, she will be in a much happier mood then. Unless she finds out I just spent another $150 for parts on my Precision Aerobatics Katana, haven't told her about that one yet. Sometimes it's all about the timing

I've been wanting to repaint my Gunfighter, maybe I should hold off on that until after the sound system, that way wouldn't have to worry about scratching the paint job during the install.
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:01 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,388 Posts
Wrong post.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte