HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:08 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Note the crazy angle resulting from the flat spots ground on the pin that came with my upgraded struts. It is a real challenge to regrind it accurately.
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:19 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
Thanks Stang. I saw that post a while back and did some sanding. I was just afraid to go too far and alter the alignment of the wing hold down bolts. I think I can do some more if I am careful. Has this been a common issue? If so, are the new production birds better?

Aaron
You're welcome. I think just continue to do a little bit at a time until your happy with the result. I have the same sized gap on each side of my P-51 as mpodder did. I can't speak for others though I reckon it was on the V1 wings as I haven't seen the issue on the V3 wings (going by photos I've seen).
STANG09 is offline Find More Posts by STANG09
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:29 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2012
257 Posts
Does anyone know what version of the F.F. that Banana Hobby has in stock is? I tried calling but can never get thru and no response from email. Any help would be appreciated. If its the latest version I will go ahead and order it, it seems like the landing gear issues have been somewhat sorted out, correct?
mash76 is online now Find More Posts by mash76
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:30 PM
Yep! I'm addicted.....
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2012
257 Posts
I guess I should clarify on the LG issues, not burning up when you plug them in...
mash76 is online now Find More Posts by mash76
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:10 PM
Name brands compare me...Why?
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2012
369 Posts
No issues with mine...
BRAND X is offline Find More Posts by BRAND X
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Jan 2007
11 Posts
US postal service

Hi everyone, I ordered the new P51 retacts,parts from RC Castle on January 28th. I used the HK speed post.the parts arrived in Chicago on th 29th and since then they have been pending a customs inspection. I called the postal service and of course they were no help. Raymond has been trying on his end but he is not getting anywhere either.
It appears that I will just have to wait for the postal service to decide they want to send me my stuff.

Has this happened to anyone? If so how long did it take?
snorkey is offline Find More Posts by snorkey
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:15 AM
modify...modify...modify
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2012
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey View Post
Hi everyone, I ordered the new P51 retacts,parts from RC Castle on January 28th. I used the HK speed post.the parts arrived in Chicago on th 29th and since then they have been pending a customs inspection. I called the postal service and of course they were no help. Raymond has been trying on his end but he is not getting anywhere either.
It appears that I will just have to wait for the postal service to decide they want to send me my stuff.

I waited for ~3 weeks for parts one time. Good thing I was in no immediate need.

btl
borntoolate is offline Find More Posts by borntoolate
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3 B-25's operational!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:31 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey View Post

That happened with an order from HK recently, but it was setting in NY for 10 days!

My P-51B from Philip (which was ordered on 2/2, shipped 2/4 air parcel) has already arrived in Chitown yesterday. I hope it doesn't set there as long as your order has!

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Jan 2007
11 Posts
US postal service

Thanks for the replays everyone. One hour after I wrote the original post my stuff showed up.i guess they don't update delivery status either.
snorkey is offline Find More Posts by snorkey
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Hey Todd, I believe your pilot showed up at your house today? has the plane showed up yet from Brian?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Hey Todd, I believe your pilot showed up at your house today? has the plane showed up yet from Brian?
Ya mind Giving a Private message for stuff like this? This thread is long enough.

Thanks buddy.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:44 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,829 Posts
Snap!
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:03 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
Note the crazy angle resulting from the flat spots ground on the pin that came with my upgraded struts. It is a real challenge to regrind it accurately.
They are just look whacked....wish FMS would tidy up their designs and get them corrected. They are moving along one step at a time. Good news is that FMS keeps making progress.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Last edited by kydawg1; Feb 14, 2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
My most anticipated 1700 yet arrives today, complete with Benedini sound thanks to GodofThunder! I cannot wait! And yes Brandon, the pilot arrived safe and sound...You did a fantastic job! Thank you again! Photos soon...
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:47 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Ya mind Giving a Private message for stuff like this? This thread is long enough.

Thanks buddy.
I will consider?....untill then.... relax...

You're Welcome "Buddy"
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona