HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:56 AM
Name brands compare me...Why?
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2012
373 Posts
He stuck his finger in a light socket

If my skin looked like that my wife would get out the filet knife and be selling "alligator" shoes
BRAND X is offline Find More Posts by BRAND X
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:49 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
@ Aros-If he just had his goggles on "REAL TIGHT" he would look much better.....I Must agree...Does sorta' look like he was caught in a kitchen fire...OR was fragged with a grenade in a out house....LOL

My First hand painted Pilot didn't come out right either........I think I painted OUTSIDE the lines
oh MAN,,,, my X-WIFE Looks like she lost some weight nowadays.
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:07 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,853 Posts
Welp horizon hobby pulls through again with great CS! Few mo. ago they replaced one of my 60-120 when it failed to go into OVP and bent the worm gear, no questions asked. Well this past wknd I stalled her and she pancaked down breaking a prop and cracked the aluminum trunnion block on a retract. No other damage was done to the plane, After all aluminum is pretty hard and couldn't believe nothing else was damaged. Get home pull the 1 gear out and drop in my spare. Called horizon for a replacement trunniin, but they don't stock em so i need to send it in, so that's what i did after filing a request. They received it today and already sent me out a new retract same day, no questions asked...awesomeness!!!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:52 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,413 Posts
GodofThunder, YOU DA MAN!!!

FMS P-51 Mustang with Benedini Sound (RED Tails) (6 min 24 sec)
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Jun 2012
442 Posts
how much weight total do you think it adds to the plane.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:57 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbJO7AXst_c
very good aros! I had a benedini in my 1400, not sure of you mentioned it on the video but what size are those speakers? Also is that the Merlin recording?
KaptnKurt is offline Find More Posts by KaptnKurt
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:09 AM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Sounds great !!

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:33 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,413 Posts
PAPE, I think it's about 10 ounces added but I don't know for sure.

KaptnKurt the speakers are 4". Yes indeed that is the Merlin sound.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:55 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
263 Posts
what brand did you end up using of speaker?
KaptnKurt is offline Find More Posts by KaptnKurt
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:29 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKurt View Post
what brand did you end up using of speaker?
I used a 4" speaker in the scoop and 2 3" speakers in the fuelsalge. The brand are from aerosound rc. They seem to do the job nicely
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:49 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,882 Posts
Quote:
hahahaha
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:13 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
PAPE, I think it's about 10 ounces added but I don't know for sure.

KaptnKurt the speakers are 4". Yes indeed that is the Merlin sound.
It's a little more than 10 OZ...more like 18 to 20 oz.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:46 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,808 Posts
Aros, I have a P-51 sound set made up with a more detailed startup and shutdown. And also the "P-51 Whistle" as an additional sound you can trigger.
It needs some more attention to improve it all, but it is sort of "better and worse" than any of the Benedini P-51 (Merlin) sets. I haven't had time to improve it yet and not sure when I can.
One aim is to either just give it a fuller/deeper 'roar' for the 'moving' sound portion.... or have another additional sound to add the 'roar'.
Because a real engine has that deep throated roar under heavier load, but sound systems don't/can't do that properly - because of the limited way they 'create' sound and RPM. They just upsample it and it gets tinnier..... and never add anything to fill it out more under acceleration or load. Thus a need to add it 'manually' yourself via using Additional Sounds.

So that mission to improve it will need some time for thought and testing of it.
Hard to get real, good clean, P-51 only (no ambient), sounds that cover the whole range too! Because blending/mixing in from various sources is just too difficult to do well. (though mine are all from one pretty good P-51 video sequence).

Oh.... and if you can you want to make up a Push Button Switch Unit (electrical design as per the Benedini manual) because that is the only way to have a dedicated button for any/all given functions. Not 'turn a knob to find the sound and then press a button' ! Just press the button for the exact function you want right then!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:28 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,413 Posts
Interesting...I'm anxious to hear your sound set and I will love to see what you come up with when the testing phase is over. Just like RC models, technology and quality continues to improve each year. The sound systems will follow suit.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:07 PM
CloggieCopter™
United Kingdom, East Grinstead
Joined Feb 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Aros, I have a P-51 sound set made up with a more detailed startup and shutdown. And also the "P-51 Whistle" as an additional sound you can trigger.
It needs some more attention to improve it all, but it is sort of "better and worse" than any of the Benedini P-51 (Merlin) sets. I haven't had time to improve it yet and not sure when I can.
One aim is to either just give it a fuller/deeper 'roar' for the 'moving' sound portion.... or have another additional sound to add the 'roar'.
Because a real engine has that deep throated roar under heavier load, but sound systems don't/can't do that properly - because of the limited way they 'create' sound and RPM. They just upsample it and it gets tinnier..... and never add anything to fill it out more under acceleration or load. Thus a need to add it 'manually' yourself via using Additional Sounds.

So that mission to improve it will need some time for thought and testing of it.
Hard to get real, good clean, P-51 only (no ambient), sounds that cover the whole range too! Because blending/mixing in from various sources is just too difficult to do well. (though mine are all from one pretty good P-51 video sequence).

Oh.... and if you can you want to make up a Push Button Switch Unit (electrical design as per the Benedini manual) because that is the only way to have a dedicated button for any/all given functions. Not 'turn a knob to find the sound and then press a button' ! Just press the button for the exact function you want right then!
I wonder if these digital recordings could be of any use: http://www.aircraftrecords.com/checkflightp-51.html

The Bf-109 is supposedly one of the best recordings available as well.
CloggieUK is offline Find More Posts by CloggieUK