RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Yes it is correct.

...well sort of
I guess a more fit question is...."Is it Scale?" (with the vent opening when the flaps are "up"?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,745 Posts
I think it is, but as i understand it in real life the pilot also has control over its position.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
I think it is, but as i understand it in real life the pilot also has control over its position.
Later versions with the improved 'martin radiator' [apx 20% more efficient and lighter] did have auto vent door[which can be overridden].
minirotor is online now Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHarrison View Post
The issue with putting sound systems in smaller planes is the size and weight of the loudspeaker, not the electronics. There are some people who build a sound system around 2" speakers but these tiny speakers give well - "tinny" sound -you simply can't get a quart out of a pint pot. We have also published a comparison between 4inch and 2 inch speakers here :
http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/loudspeaker_sizes.htm
Regards,
David Harrison
Model Sounds Inc.
www.modelsoundsinc.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So True.

Hopefully some day, someone, will invent a high performance/light speaker.

But given that the problem is the amount of air that has to be moved in front of the speaker,it could take a while.

M
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Question for you 1700mm mustang owners.....When I put my flaps down the bottom "vent" closes, when I put my flaps "up" the bottom vent OPENS..... is this correct??? If not, how do I change it?
Yes this is correct, and it's done that way to help eleviate air pressure from building up in the fuselage and possible dislodging the canopy hatch when you are typicaly at a flaps up clean faster flying attitude, when the flaps are down this is not such an issue, which has happened to a few and my self included on here, though there has been several ideas and mod done to help eleviate that as well
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
Most people are stupid!
Joined Oct 2011
3,745 Posts
My canopy always pops open when going fast. The standard plastic lugs are useless so a bit of tape solves the problem for me.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Electric Sound Guy
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined May 2009
61 Posts
Getting back to the speaker size and weight thing.....There are some small ones out there that do the job, here are a few examples:

Corsair Flight #2 with sound (6 min 51 sec)

Corsair sound test #3.wmv (6 min 5 sec)

Hanger 9 Mustang (6 min 1 sec)

What do you think?
reddogsr is offline Find More Posts by reddogsr
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:09 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
160 Posts
Biiiiiiggg problem guys. My retracts come down when I hit the flap switch I have 3 position flaps. The retracts go up at 0 and come down 3 I'm I'm at 2 they just bounce back and fourth and glitch.... Whenever I use a different switch for flaps, the gear override them and they come down, but not the flaps.... this is making me MAD! I am using a DX7s and a AR8000. Anyone else have this problem? And can you pleeeeeeaaasseee help me fix it?
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:11 PM
Most people are stupid!
Joined Oct 2011
3,745 Posts
Sounds like you buggered up and plugged it in all wrong.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:20 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
160 Posts
Nope... I don't think I plugged anything in wrong... Flaps in AUX 1 and gear in Gear channel... When I put flaps in The Gear and leave the landing Gear out, the flaps work fine.... But flaps in AUX 1 and Landing Gear in the Gear Channel causes the gear to override the flaps. Plus I go to the Switch Select menu, and try to change the gear to the Gear switch. It won't let me do this... I just stays at INH (Inhibit).
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogsr View Post
Getting back to the speaker size and weight thing.....There are some small ones out there that do the job, here are a few examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgkv...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgcAm...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnIK7Qa4vJc
What do you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Bad--about the best you'll get with little speakers.
Great job though.
Sounds like you have wound the normal output up a tad?
[beware for broken speaker wires]

But with a bigger plane and 4" speakers you can hear the plane pretty well in the circuit as well.

M
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Biiiiiiggg problem guys. My retracts come down when I hit the flap switch I have 3 position flaps. The retracts go up at 0 and come down 3 I'm I'm at 2 they just bounce back and fourth and glitch.... Whenever I use a different switch for flaps, the gear override them and they come down, but not the flaps.... this is making me MAD! I am using a DX7s and a AR8000. Anyone else have this problem? And can you pleeeeeeaaasseee help me fix it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

DX7s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try another Radio.

M
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------

DX7s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try another Radio.

M
Lol... I don't have that kinda money... I'm 13...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
Canada, QC
Joined Nov 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Nope... I don't think I plugged anything in wrong... Flaps in AUX 1 and gear in Gear channel... When I put flaps in The Gear and leave the landing Gear out, the flaps work fine.... But flaps in AUX 1 and Landing Gear in the Gear Channel causes the gear to override the flaps. Plus I go to the Switch Select menu, and try to change the gear to the Gear switch. It won't let me do this... I just stays at INH (Inhibit).
I just got a P-51 1400mm and with my DX6 I can make my flaps work 0 1/2 and full,
and I do not even a 3 position switch, so it should be easy with a DX7s, keep trying !
mcfast is offline Find More Posts by mcfast
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:11 AM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
265 Posts
see if you have any mixing goin on between the flap and gear switch if not than make sure you are on plane mode and not on heli
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner