SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
So the RED coming from the ESC to the RX I should cut, and leave the red wire on the BEC to the RX alone? I have the BEC going to the Bind/Data port on my AR8000... Is this right? I'm just confused because I have never used a BEC before... All of my other planes have built in BECs.
I'm awaiting the answer to this myself.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:05 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
So the RED coming from the ESC to the RX I should cut, and leave the red wire on the BEC to the RX alone? I have the BEC going to the Bind/Data port on my AR8000... Is this right? I'm just confused because I have never used a BEC before... All of my other planes have built in BECs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
I'm awaiting the answer to this myself.
This is the best illustration available.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
This is the best illustration available.

Gary
This is still not the case in the stock ESC / External BEC situation in the Banana hobby 1700mm Red tails (or other warbirds w/stock setup)

My ESC plugs into the Receiver. My ESC also has a BEC connected to it that has only 2 wires to plug into "somewhere" Black & Red wires attached to the BEC.

Past posts say to "cut" a red wire and plug into any open channel on RX (or Y harness a channel) and others say to "cut" one of these red wires. (?). AND still others say *(if an older spektrum RX) not to plug it in anything at all.

Originally I "thought" that this 2 wire ( + and - ) BEC was supposed to be plugged into another 4.2v - 6v power supply????? (It seemed)
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Weed89's Avatar
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,274 Posts
Ubec

here is a way to disconnect the RED wire in a UBEC setup...without modifying your ESC...use a servo extension as the mod.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
I.d say if your confused and hesitant, just eliminate the stock esc's internal bec and the stock ext. bec and go with a CC 20a bec pro like i did. Then youll have know worries if you did it right or wrong.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
What is a CC 20a BECpro?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
CC bec 20a pro

heres the answer. However if it may be a pain to remove the esc and wires to solder it into place, but you can do a short coupling with a male and female connector. Just solder to bec to a short 3" 12-10 gauge wire with you male and femal connector of choice on ea. end that way it plugs in between the esc and battery, just leave it connected always to the esc connector. However soldering directly to the esc connector is the prefered method, but i have done this before and its no issue.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 26, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:02 PM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
hey guys i was thinking of making more of the transport cradle and sale them hear what do you guys thing and how man would be interested?
You could SELL them, but unless they float it would be hard to sale them.

and just fyi, I considered doing the same with pvc and a several rack plane holder. A big, secure one can be a PITA to make. PVC isn't cheap either.
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Roaring Radial Fanatic
corsairnut's Avatar
United States, OH, Hilliard
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Just a correction about the Real Sound. Model Solutions makes the Shockwave unit, they do not use the term "Real Sound". The Real Sound is a custom more expensive unit advertising on youtube. I actually think its better and more realistic.
corsairnut is offline Find More Posts by corsairnut
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
This is still not the case in the stock ESC / External BEC situation in the Banana hobby 1700mm Red tails (or other warbirds w/stock setup)

My ESC plugs into the Receiver. My ESC also has a BEC connected to it that has only 2 wires to plug into "somewhere" Black & Red wires attached to the BEC.

Past posts say to "cut" a red wire and plug into any open channel on RX (or Y harness a channel) and others say to "cut" one of these red wires. (?). AND still others say *(if an older spektrum RX) not to plug it in anything at all.

Originally I "thought" that this 2 wire ( + and - ) BEC was supposed to be plugged into another 4.2v - 6v power supply????? (It seemed)
On my 1.7 P47 I plugged the ESC to throttle port of RX and other into battery port. Works just fine for me. No clipping of wire, makes for two power inputs but voltage stays same as if I used redundant battery on my standard big stuff
dmyers0403 is offline Find More Posts by dmyers0403
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
Mikemynameis's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers0403 View Post
On my 1.7 P47 I plugged the ESC to throttle port of RX and other into battery port. Works just fine for me. No clipping of wire, makes for two power inputs but voltage stays same as if I used redundant battery on my standard big stuff
Your going to blow something up running it that way
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairnut View Post
Just a correction about the Real Sound. Model Solutions makes the Shockwave unit, they do not use the term "Real Sound". The Real Sound is a custom more expensive unit advertising on youtube. I actually think its better and more realistic.
My Bad, you're correct. Here is the link folks, the sound quality is awsome and much more refined than the benedini, even though the Benedini is also good system...I have and use 3 of them.

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/soundsystems.htm
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:36 PM
Super-duper Airplane flooper
USA, OH, Toronto
Joined Oct 2009
54 Posts
Nice shout in MA Aros &V8!
TFOA is offline Find More Posts by TFOA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Your going to blow something up running it that way
You are correct. Not a opto esc. My bad.
Where can we get a jumper to fit the UBEC. Mine on new 1.7 Corsair is missing.
Will send request to BH to see if they have one!
dmyers0403 is offline Find More Posts by dmyers0403
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
TFOA,

Thanks!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Sep 14, 2011 03:55 PM
Sold NEW FMS 57" P-51 Mustang with upgrades godofthunder77 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 04, 2011 02:41 PM
Sold FMS/Airfield P-51 Mustang V6 - Newest Version w/ tail retract, nav lights, more: BNF Roswalt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 May 25, 2011 12:08 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:38 PM
For Sale Guillows North American P-51 Mustang SupaMan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2010 10:07 PM