SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:59 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Does it have any bad tendencies? It seems huge and heavy.... its my biggest plane... im going to maiden it in monday at the ATLRC funfly Does it like to float, does it stall hard? And one last thing... Will it be difficult to land on a 200ft paved Tarmac, and what should I do on approach up until touchdown...

Please answer these questions, for I am just a 13 year old who is nervous to fly it, (and I have a ton of money in it) yet amazed at its beauty!

Plus it's my first tail dragged of sufficient size..... Was that a bad move? I have flown a 70" RV8 like twice and have an 3DHS 40" EPP Edge and a E-Flite UMX Sbach (Without AS3X) both of which I can land perfectly smooth... So should I be OK?
nforbesrc99 is online now Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Does it have any bad tendencies? It seems huge and heavy.... its my biggest plane... im going to maiden it in monday at the ATLRC funfly Does it like to float, does it stall hard? And one last thing... Will it be difficult to land on a 200ft paved Tarmac, and what should I do on approach up until touchdown...

Please answer these questions, for I am just a 13 year old who is nervous to fly it, (and I have a ton of money in it) yet amazed at its beauty!

Plus it's my first tail dragged of sufficient size..... Was that a bad move? I have flown a 70" RV8 like twice and have an 3DHS 40" EPP Edge and a E-Flite UMX Sbach (Without AS3X) both of which I can land perfectly smooth... So should I be OK?
You'll be fine, and the plane has no bad habbits unless you get it too slow then it gets mushy and stalls...same as most planes you listed do. just relax and have fun flying her.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Wow. Thanks. You guys are AWESOME! I will get back to you guys after I fly it.

One problem. The right wing bolt (the plate and the screws that attaches the wing to the plane) won't catch the holes. I know it isn't aligned. But the other one lines up nicely.

Stupid question.

Would it be safe to fly with only one bolt in? I would never do that... Just a last resort LOL
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,676 Posts
No do not do that. Most likely that hole has excess glue in it. Try to get that screw in w/o the wing then attach wing and secure it.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Wow. Thanks. You guys are AWESOME! I will get back to you guys after I fly it.

One problem. The right wing bolt (the plate and the screws that attaches the wing to the plane) won't catch the holes. I know it isn't aligned. But the other one lines up nicely.

Stupid question.

Would it be safe to fly with only one bolt in? I would never do that... Just a last resort LOL
I agree with V8, DO NOT DO THAT and try and fly with out all 4 wing bolts in it and secured snuggly
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:03 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,324 Posts
Yes, secure wing is GOOOOD. Unsecure wing is BAAAAAD.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:05 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
hey guys i was thinking of making more of the transport cradle and sale them hear what do you guys thing and how man would be interested?
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
562 Posts
I would be interested.
cmk-2 is online now Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:17 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Yes, secure wing is GOOOOD. Unsecure wing is BAAAAAD.
LOL I was joking. I would neeeeverrr EVERRRR do that! Lol
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:47 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,595 Posts
Can anyone explain this stock ESC and oddity BEC connections??? Some say connect the 2 wired connector (from BEC to any open channel or cut off some red wire??
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
remove the red wire from the esc lead going to the rx and leave the red wire alone coming from the bec lead to the rx. you only want one power supply to the rx
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:17 AM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
I would be interested.
i will let you know on price in a few days!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
remove the red wire from the esc lead going to the rx and leave the red wire alone coming from the bec lead to the rx. you only want one power supply to the rx
So the RED coming from the ESC to the RX I should cut, and leave the red wire on the BEC to the RX alone? I have the BEC going to the Bind/Data port on my AR8000... Is this right? I'm just confused because I have never used a BEC before... All of my other planes have built in BECs.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,676 Posts
Spektrum updated their receivers that had issues using the bind port for bec, supposedly caused the plane to go into bind mode. That being said, even though spektrum resolved this problem on newer receivers I would/do connect the bec to any other channel via a y-harness.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,002 Posts
So whats the new FMS 1400mm plane thats coming out , FMS said on Facebook when they get 1111 likes they will show the plane
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis