Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Mr RC Sound

I'm doing sound tests with the Mr RC and my Hanger 9 P-47. I have a DX8 and the sound doesn't start until I'm at 20% throttle. I'm using a Y connector as I have no open channel to mix. Any suggestions?
garynatali is offline Find More Posts by garynatali
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garynatali View Post
I'm doing sound tests with the Mr RC and my Hanger 9 P-47. I have a DX8 and the sound doesn't start until I'm at 20% throttle. I'm using a Y connector as I have no open channel to mix. Any suggestions?
Not to sure how the RC Sound system works, but if its simular to the Benedini system you have to re-calibreate the sound system to you particular throttle settings.
You usually have to redo it a few times to get the start-up/idle/cruse and shutoff settings close to your throttle settings.
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:18 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,410 Posts
I don't think you can calibrate the MRrcsound one. You really need to use another channel..... but you have a problem.....
(I have both the MRRC and Bendini systems)

Time for a DX-18..... hehe
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Mr RC Sound

Left the P-47 for my L4 Grasshopper because the RX has an open port (gear). In my DX8 I went to mixing to set up Throttle > Gear and played with the numbers and can't figure it out. Please give me some suggestions on the following:

Thr > Gear
Rate: 0
:0
Offset: 0
Trim: Act
SW: ON
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,845 Posts
Gary,
I would be happy to help you out if you would like to take a little drive next week after Christmas. I only live about 2 hours south of you in Corning. I am not too familiar with the DX8, but we can wok through it. I have set them up on a good many planes, I am sure we can make it work for you.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, NH
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Gary,

When did they send you a new reverse servo? I've been waiting since September for them to send me the same since my plane was delivered with both gear door servos bad, a bad tail wheel servo, and a new main gear retract to replace the one that burnt out after a week.

QUOTE=garynatali;23584785]This Red Tail was my first purchase from Banana Hobby. I am very pleased with the Customer Service. The pilot arrived unglued from his seat and when I called they gave me options to repair myself for store credit or have a new enclosed canopy sent to me. I took the credit. Then one of the servos went on the gear doors after 2nd flight and they mailed me a new reverse servo and even included a servo extension. I though it was excellent especially after dealing with HK.

Gary N.[/QUOTE]
BrianBird is offline Find More Posts by BrianBird
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBird View Post
Gary,

When did they send you a new reverse servo? I've been waiting since September for them to send me the same since my plane was delivered with both gear door servos bad, a bad tail wheel servo, and a new main gear retract to replace the one that burnt out after a week.

QUOTE=garynatali;23584785]This Red Tail was my first purchase from Banana Hobby. I am very pleased with the Customer Service. The pilot arrived unglued from his seat and when I called they gave me options to repair myself for store credit or have a new enclosed canopy sent to me. I took the credit. Then one of the servos went on the gear doors after 2nd flight and they mailed me a new reverse servo and even included a servo extension. I though it was excellent especially after dealing with HK.

Gary N.
[/QUOTE]

I hope all that isn't keeping you from flying this plane...
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Gary,

Gary N.
[/QUOTE]

Brian:

It arrived late Nov, about 3 weeks after calling BH. I until then I popped another one in with a servo reverser.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
United States, NH
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Brian:

It arrived late Nov, about 3 weeks after calling BH. I until then I popped another one in with a servo reverser.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gary, thats about when I should have received mine according to my last email. I just sent them another email telling them to either ship my parts or give me store credit..
BrianBird is offline Find More Posts by BrianBird
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Belarus, Vitebsk province, Vitebsk
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
Bought her from Raymond RcCasteL. The motor was catching something and getting stuck when I turned it by hand. Tried to check if it is working, put my 4s battery to be safe to the ESC. The system beeped several times and everything seemed to be ok, but when I put some throttle on it the motor worked for 2 or 3 seconds, got stucked and put a smoke on the ESC. I removed the motor from the plane and discovered a lot of metal chips inside.

Raymond was very kind and sent me a replacement in a few days.

Was buying for the first time from him and I'm very pleased with the Customer Service.
octopuss is offline Find More Posts by octopuss
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:59 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
Bought her from Raymond RcCasteL. The motor was catching something and getting stuck when I turned it by hand. Tried to check if it is working, put my 4s battery to be safe to the ESC. The system beeped several times and everything seemed to be ok, but when I put some throttle on it the motor worked for 2 or 3 seconds, got stucked and put a smoke on the ESC. I removed the motor from the plane and discovered a lot of metal chips inside.

Raymond was very kind and sent me a replacement in a few days.

Was buying for the first time from him and I'm very pleased with the Customer Service.
Yep Raymond and Philip are 2 of the best in the RC industry for sure. Unmatched customer service hands down.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:11 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,552 Posts
Wow, I'll say your experience is not like mine was! I don't want to get into it right now, as I haven't totally given up on them yet...

Quote:
Gary,

Gary N.
[/QUOTE]
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,528 Posts
Delete
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:32 AM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
No problems after 8 flights. Not sure of the version, bought it in Oct, so what ever they're being shipped with.
Gary,

Are yours PZ-V2s? It will say so in gold letters on the retract like the picture later on the same page. If not, they are probably version 1.5s which is what mine came with. I am hoping to get a good report on the version 1.5s!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Left the P-47 for my L4 Grasshopper because the RX has an open port (gear). In my DX8 I went to mixing to set up Throttle > Gear and played with the numbers and can't figure it out. Please give me some suggestions on the following:

Thr > Gear
Rate: 0%
:0%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Act
SW: ON

Andrew has offered to help if I drive down to see him, but I was wondering if anyone who set their Mr RC Sound up by mixing can shed some light on this. The only mixing I've done is elev to rudder. The only open channel I have is Gear. Can that be used for mixing with throttle? What does the first Rate number do? (DX8 manual was no help). What does the second rate number do? And the offset? I'm played with them an can't get the sound to start any sooner. Throw numbers at me to try.