HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:04 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Gary,

I will send you two pins ASAP! Those are beautiful reliefs. Just let me know where! Yup, a little toe in helps keep the plane's nose from tending to go over on ground roll on takeoff and landing.

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
My stock retracts seem to work perfectly well on initial set up but, given all the reports of gear failure I did not want to risk my nicely detailed Mustang, so I put in the PZ-V2s. Now with the gear alignment issues I am considering going back to the stock ones...

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Nice fall day for a few flights with the Red Tail
garynatali is offline Find More Posts by garynatali
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Sweet bomb drop action pics.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,705 Posts
HOLEY SMOKES....how did you set up your bomb drop??? let me guess...there is a whole thread about it? LOL
Do tell. My Red Tails is just awaiting its receiver install and I will be ready to roll (and fly)
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
HK bomb drop kit on a spare channel or y-d to flaps is did mine.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ug_n_Drop.html
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
HOLEY SMOKES....how did you set up your bomb drop??? let me guess...there is a whole thread about it? LOL
Do tell. My Red Tails is just awaiting its receiver install and I will be ready to roll (and fly)
Put it on a spare channel. Extremely simple install. See Brandon Moon video on You Tube.
garynatali is offline Find More Posts by garynatali
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
Sweet!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:31 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Besides the HK bomb drop kit I did way back on the first FF, It's also easy to do with a bomb drop kit from Hobby Lobby to the existing pylons and have it look a little more realistic and cleaner profile. I did it this way to all the others (Red Tails, P-47, and Obsession Mustang) and...Yes I did a video of it earlier way back in the thread somewhere

Here are pictures of the one on the P-47, this same thing can be done for the Mustang.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Dec 19, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Here is the first one I did with the HK bomb drop kit on the first FF Mustang, It works great
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Callala Bay
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Being my first electric plane, I am unsure as to where the two connections pictured should plug in. They obviously have something to do with the motor as that is the only thing not working when I connect the battery. Can someone tell me where they go and is that the ESC?

Thanks, Dave.
OzyDave is offline Find More Posts by OzyDave
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:36 PM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
579 Posts
Your esc is the one with the battery leads on it, the other thing is your bec, #1 is your voltage regulator (I think its called) ya move the blue thing over to change the voltage to your receiver, and #2 goes into your receiver to power it all up, If I am wrong about any of this I am sure someone will correct me.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzyDave View Post
Being my first electric plane, I am unsure as to where the two connections pictured should plug in. They obviously have something to do with the motor as that is the only thing not working when I connect the battery. Can someone tell me where they go and is that the ESC?

Thanks, Dave.
YA...I REALLY wish there was an accurate tutorial of WHERE to plug in everything!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:06 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,754 Posts
hehe, typical Chinese manuals!!

Yes, that unit is a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit). It taps off the battery power and provides power for your RX. The jumper (#1) allows you to select 5v or 6v (typically) for the RX.
Plug that #2 lead to a spare channel on the RX - it just feeds it power.

Often an ESC has a BEC built into it, so then the power gets to the RX via its Throttle Channel lead.
You can't have more than one BEC connected, eg two in parallel, so you need to ensure there is not one in n ESC as well. I think this plane does have one in the ESC too. Someone can clarify that.
If so, you need to remove, or cut, the RED MIDDLE wire from the ESC throttle connector which goes to the RX. This middle wire just feeds the BEC output into the RX, so it is not needed to control the ESC/motor - the throttle signal goes down the orange/white lead, and it needs the black Gnd/Common wire too. Just not the middle/red.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
FMS has em setup to run on 2 becs. Don't ask me why but ppl haven't had problems with this setup by FMS. I chose to avoid it altoghter and added my own esc and ext. Bec.