HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:18 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenop View Post
Regarding the version discussions: I have ordered and received a new set of wings for my FF version Mustang. They showed up with the new alu wingspar and adjusted gear bays to fit the PZ-V2 retracts.

I also ordered a set of stickers for the FF verision: I noticed there's also a sticker for the killmarks on it!

Regarding motors, do you guys think it's worth upgrading to the newer 300kv motor?
With the prop mod you'll get more speed than the 300kv upgrade. Or you can upgrade to the 300kv motor if you like and if you still ain't satisfied with the speed/performance you can do the prop mod to it and blow you socks off. Mind you just because it has the speed doesn't mean you have to use it.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:28 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
v8, what are your flight times with the prop mod? I can't remember what you posted. I have the 300kv motor so I should have a wide speed range. Any issues with flutter? The linkages seem a bit sloppy. The magnets on the gear doors work better than I expected and are nearly invisible with a little paint. I just got my Callie-Graphics in the mail, really nice! They should spiff her up nicely!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Flight times with the prop mod on 300kv motor are 6min 50/50 on the throttle. However when i charge my lipo i still have about 1000-1200mah left before i hit 80%, so i could easily get 7min... or more with less full speed passes. I use a 4000mah 40c battery. No issues with flutter what so ever. Thanks for the info on the mags, i did BM heat gun mod to the doors but they are starting to open back up guess it was from the 100+ degree heat back in August and Sept, but didn't notice it till now.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:48 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
OK... Interesting, the new upgraded struts came with 4 pins. One in the top of each strut and two spares. Two of them are way out of wack. One is right on and one is somewhat close. I swapped the new struts left to right and, wow. It made a big improvement in the toe alignment problem. I am at a complete loss to explain that! So between swapping around all four pins and both struts I am close to the correct toe in. Now I won't have to grind as much. Maybe I should swap around the PZ-V2s and recheck the rake problem? That would be a real pain in the posterior but, maybe it might help.

Aaron
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:52 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Could someone post a pic of the correct position of the wire outer gear door attachments? I have had them off for so long that I cannot remember the correct set up and now mine seem to push doors too far out.

Thanks,

Aaron
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
You talking about the gear doors or the wheel skirts attached to the oleos?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
The outer gear doors attached to the struts via the wire.

Aaron
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
If it's the older version straight wire pinch it so it has a slight bow, this will pull it closer to the strut and allow it to sot closer to the wing when retracted. If it's the newer wire which has a horse shoe in it pretty much di the same pinch the 2 top parts of what would be the horse shoe tips closer together.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
They are the newer ones. I just am not sure how far from the struts the doors are supposed to be. Mine seem too far now so a pic would help.

Thanks v8!

Aaron
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
You basically want them to sit almost flush against the wing, but ill post a pic/link.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Here ya go

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-WP_000534.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-WP_000533.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-WP_000726.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...1-IMG_2816.jpg
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 04, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:25 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Thanks v8! Those are great! I need to make my doors closer.

Aaron

Really nice bird! How did you make those scale bomb / drop tank racks?
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:39 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
Nice to see my photo in there at the end V8
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Welcome! Best photo I could find of a head on view, but also a great pic all in all.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:38 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Well, it turns out that I cannot just swap the struts left and right so I am back to square one with the toe in problem on the right side. Looks like some serious grinding is in order.

Aaron