HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:57 PM
Australia, TAS, Thirlstane
Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Love to do that,Peter. Unfortunately, I only have a DX6i so not enough channels. I have seen an Assan sequencer listed at Hobby King and was wondering if that was worth a shot? Have tried lengthening the door push rods on stock servos but that didn't work so will try Brandons suggestion of MG servos with longer servo arms -when they arrive! I am really grateful for all the suggestions and help from you guys, it's great to have access to this vast forum resource particularly when there's no LHS or RC club nearby. At least the stock set up works as advertised! Mods are just fun to do on rainy days!
condor12 is online now Find More Posts by condor12
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:20 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12 View Post
Love to do that,Peter. Unfortunately, I only have a DX6i so not enough channels. I have seen an Assan sequencer listed at Hobby King and was wondering if that was worth a shot? Have tried lengthening the door push rods on stock servos but that didn't work so will try Brandons suggestion of MG servos with longer servo arms -when they arrive! I am really grateful for all the suggestions and help from you guys, it's great to have access to this vast forum resource particularly when there's no LHS or RC club nearby. At least the stock set up works as advertised! Mods are just fun to do on rainy days!
If you're going to do the servo swap out on the inner gear door servos like I suggested, keep in mind that you'll have to have a servo reverser on one of the servos -or- you'll have to resolder the internal components on one of the servos to make it a reverse servo (It's not hard to do)

you can also use one of these to accomplish that....I love these little things and use them for lots of different features
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Regulator.html
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Dec 02, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Thanks, Brandon. I have used these before and they are
excellent. As advised, I will use one for the MG servo reversal and I"m thinking of using one to slow down the flap operation. I'm looking forward to the maiden in a few weeks time - I fly the V4 1400 Shangri La off the street in front of our property, but its too narrow for a comfortable landing & T/O for FF ( bound on one side by HT electric wires and a wire topped deep gully on the other side with a feed wire across the approach path) Already have hit them on a cuppla occasions but with easily repairable damage!! Getting the hang of steep approaches now! FF will be off a tidal beach 40 klm away.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:53 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
567 Posts
Hey guys input please. I have flown the 1400mm birds with a CC10 amp BEC and for the 79 inch LX P-40 using the CC 20 amp pro. Never had a problem with them. I have read where people are stating that Castle Creations BEC'S are troublesome and to ditch them. Anyone else had a problem with them?
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
Hey guys input please. I have flown the 1400mm birds with a CC10 amp BEC and for the 79 inch LX P-40 using the CC 20 amp pro. Never had a problem with them. I have read where people are stating that Castle Creations BEC'S are troublesome and to ditch them. Anyone else had a problem with them?

Nope. they are very good BEC's. I wouldn't put much weight in what you read about them
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined May 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
I've used the CC10amp in my 1400 for 12months or so, thru many prangs (not BEC related), and it's still going strong.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like a rival is trying to stir things up? I have Castle Creation BECs, both the 10A & 20A Pro in all of my planes and have never had an issue with any of them.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:39 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12 View Post
I have seen an Assan sequencer listed at Hobby King and was wondering if that was worth a shot?
I got a couple of those Assan sequencers. One was dead out of the box. The other took me some time to figure out the Func./Vol. configurations, but I finally figure out how to get it to work on Mode 2 (doors open/gear down/doors closed) like the real P-51s. There is a bit desired on the Chinglish translations on their manual.

Personally, I'm an avid fan of the MicroGear sequencer from Oregon Scale Aviation. A lot more features, easy to program, and very reliable! I have one in my V3 P-51, the B-25, and I will be installing my third one in the V7 BBD P-51. Besides that, CS is top notch, and Buz is great to work with!

Yes, the MicroGear is more expensive, but...... "You get what you pay for!"

Gary

My V3 FMS P-51 "Auntie Samantha" built 2 yrs. ago and the MicroGear is still going strong.

P-51 Landing Gear (3 min 30 sec)
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:34 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
cc bec are great I use the 10a & 20a on 6s setups, but once you start adding more servos, nav lights, and other stuff the 20a bec is the way to go. On my 1.7m P51 I went the cc bec pro 20a due to that fact.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I love the CC products, but I've been useing these for about 2 years now and have them in all my 1700 mm planes (4 of them) and all my 1400mm planes as well and have never had a problem or had one go bad or even flinch....even with extra servos for bomd drops and nav/landing lights.

I also have these in my EDF jets as well...2 of them running 12+ servos, nav lights, and E-retracts. I use these and CC 10A.

I got mine from HobbyLobbyrc, butt the ones the BH has now and offers are the same thing, just re-branded. These are almost 1/2 the price of a CC 10A

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/erc_6_amp...35818_prd1.htm

http://www.bananahobby.com/gp-ubec-6a-69241-prd1.html
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Dec 02, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
On a sad Note I drove my experimental F-82 (the combination of 2 1700mm FMS Mustangs) to LVC today and lost her and couldn't make it back to the runway and rolled it in to a bunch of trees that just schredded it. She's obliterated, but was fun while she lasted. Looking to do another one with the 1400mm planes....Maybe later this summer or fall.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:18 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
On a sad Note I drove my experimental F-82 (the combination of 2 1700mm FMS Mustangs) to LVC today and lost her and couldn't make it back to the runway and rolled it in to a bunch of trees that just schredded it. She's obliterated, but was fun while she lasted. Looking to do another one with the 1400mm planes....Maybe later this summer or fall.
sorry to hear that brandon. well thats the fun thing about this hobby you build crash and rebuild. hope next one flys better than this one did.
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
I wish the cc bec had a jumper to allow changing of voltage and not needing the extra cc link.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined May 2012
174 Posts
[QUOTE=Sandancer;23423636]I got a couple of those Assan sequencers. One was dead out of the box. The other took me some time to figure out the Func./Vol. configurations, but I finally figure out how to get it to work on Mode 2 (doors open/gear down/doors closed) like the real P-51s. There is a bit desired on the Chinglish translations on their manual.

Personally, I'm an avid fan of the MicroGear sequencer from Oregon Scale Aviation. A lot more features, easy to program, and very reliable! I have one in my V3 P-51, the B-25, and I will be installing my third one in the V7 BBD P-51. Besides that, CS is top notch, and Buz is great to work with!

Yes, the MicroGear is more expensive, but...... "You get what you pay for!"

Gary

Thanks, Gary. Certainly looks to do the job (MicroGear) as the gear retraction/extension of the 1400 is about the same speed as the 1700. It was this speed that was causing the problems with the EMS sequencer. I'll try Brandons suggestion with the 939MG servos (cheaper!), and if that doesn't work for me, I'll pick up the MicroGear -after sweet talking my controller of the purse strings!! Think I'll leave the Assans in their box.

Shane

Brandon, sorry to hear the passing of the F-82. Bet you had fun birthing it! Thats the challenge of R&D! Next one will be sweet.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,038 Posts
I am using around 10 of the CC 10 amp and 20 amp pro units in my EDF's Sport planes and warbirds....never had a problem.
Some are on my nitro and giant scale gassers as well.

Pete
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner