HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Just use the "contact" button on her website and write her and let her know what you want and what scale. I use 1/7th for mine for the fms 1700mm birds. Or send her a private email and attach pictures of what you want done along with as much detailes and description as possible. That's normally what I do.
info@callie-graphics.com

I use 1/8th for the 1400mm FMS birds
Thanks Brandon!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
Australia, NSW, Callala Bay
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
That connects all your wing controls and retracts. Plug the ribbon coming from the wing to the little box and the leads coming from that box to the rx
Thanks JD. I'll give that a go. I have to wait for a converter for my battery leads to arrive first though.
OzyDave is offline Find More Posts by OzyDave
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,767 Posts
is Bendinni better then Mr Sound ?
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:08 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
IMO ...they both have thier plus's and minus's. The benedine sound quality is a bit better and you have more controll of what you want it to sound like and a wider variety of choices of sound you're able to flash in to it, plus a better quality realistic sound. The Mr. RC Sound unit per version is only limited to 4 choices and is not quite as loud as the Benedini but is much lighter in weight, uses smaller speakers is overall ighter in weight, and consumes less energy, and can be run directly off of the flight pack without affecting the flight time in a reduction much at all...the benedini seems to require more power, so it's better to run it off of a seperate smaller 3s 1800mah or so flight pack (which is still not real bad) but adds additional weight to the plane. It can be run off of the flight pack up to 12v (MAX) but will reduce the overall flight time...Hence the seperate amp 3s lipo most are useing.

I have both and like them both for thier respective different applications. I will also have the new Modelsounds inc. sound unit here in about a week (due to arrive monday) and from what I've read and heard of it so far ...seems to be the cadalic of them all IMO, but is a bit more money and has a larger controll board and geared toward larger planes like the Benedini is. More on it later, after I get to play with it for a while and actually use it?

I think the MR. RCSound unit is perferct in size, weight, and etc. for the 1400 and smaller birds but will also be effective in some of the 1700's

It's just a matter of price, weight, and volume -VS- the application
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Nov 29, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:52 AM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
251 Posts
Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear in mind that none of them will now or ever sound like the real thing in the air.[well maybe if you could synronize to sound from ground speakers along the airfield]

On the ground taxing they all sound pretty good.
But in the air even the best systems sound in a model like a real plane flying past about a 1/2mile to a 1mile away.

You need to use your imagination a bit at the ends of a fly pass.

The problem is we need to move a lot of air[in and around each speaker] to get a good sound out.
So bigger is better, and closer to the real thing.

M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:21 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear in mind that none of them will now or ever sound like the real thing in the air.[well maybe if you could synronize to sound from ground speakers along the airfield]

On the ground taxing they all sound pretty good.
But in the air even the best systems sound in a model like a real plane flying past about a 1/2mile to a 1mile away.

You need to use your imagination a bit at the ends of a fly pass.

The problem is we need to move a lot of air[in and around each speaker] to get a good sound out.
So bigger is better, and closer to the real thing.

M
+1 agreed
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:55 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
568 Posts
But it is still better than nothing.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:08 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,767 Posts
Thanks for the outstanding explanation .I knoa a big part of it is also based on building a good speaker box that is not in the air flow .THis is all new to me as well as the wire connection process needed to assemble the bendinni . I have some projects luring like the KMP corsair 74" span and 1700 planes that I am looking into to .
Dont want to hog the thread into a differant direction so I appreciated your responce and thank you again
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the outstanding explanation .I knoa a big part of it is also based on building a good speaker box that is not in the air flow .THis is all new to me as well as the wire connection process needed to assemble the bendinni . I have some projects luring like the KMP corsair 74" span and 1700 planes that I am looking into to .
Dont want to hog the thread into a differant direction so I appreciated your responce and thank you again
I would go with the Benedini system -or- the Real Sound system from Model sounds Inc. for those birds you just mentioned, IMO... Just to let you know
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:20 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,767 Posts
Thanks I will look into both systems ,thanks again
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
No problem, you're welcome
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:39 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,677 Posts
I'm still waiting to see good footage of these systems.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
I'm still waiting to see good footage of these systems.
Well I've now got all 3 different Sound systems. the Mr. RCSound in (2) 1400 FMS planes, (3) Benedini systems in in 3 1700 FMS war birds, and soon to have the ModelSounds Inc "Real Sound system" in the LX B-25.... So, I'll have video up of all 3 systems hopefully later this spring or possibly sooner?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:22 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,677 Posts
Nice

Looking forward to them
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:16 AM